Upcoming Films

Quintus

One of my most beloved movies of my childhood is getting a sequel almost three decades after its release:

https://deadline.com/2022/10/twisters-sequel-forecast-spring-start-universal-amblin-finalize-director-1235147353/

Man, I saw that movie so many times on the VHS when I was little... I hope they bring Mark Mancina back to score it.

‘The Conjuring 4’ in the Works at New Line with ‘Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom’ Writer (Exclusive)

David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick will pen the script with James Wan and Peter Safran, the filmmaking team behind every film in the 'Conjuring' Universe, back to produce the horror thriller.

On 20/10/2022 at 6:02 PM, Jay said:

New Hanx

On 20/10/2022 at 7:31 PM, JNHFan2000 said:

Isn't that the film that's based on a book and where a film was already made of in it's native language?

Yes, there's a Swedish film (based on a Swedish book), called A Man Called Ove (IMDb)

MV5BMjE0NDUyOTc2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODk2

I am very much looking forward to that movie!  A Gothic mystery American period piece with Edgar Allan Poe and a score by Howard Shore?  Yes please!

I love the career that Harry Melling is carving out for himself.  Of all the Harry Potter kids, the one you'd have least predicted it for too.

I am pleased by the praise for Wakanda Forever. While it may be early hyperbole. Its better than initially negative reviews

The Russo Brothers' next film is called Electric State and stars Millie Bobby Brown, Chris Pratt, Stanley Tucci, Jason Alexander, Giancarlo Esposito, Ke Huy Quan, Anthony Mackie, and Billy Bob Thornton

https://variety.com/2022/film/news/giancarlo-esposito-ke-huy-quan-billy-bob-thornton-anthony-mackie-electric-state-russo-brothers-netflix-1235420675/

5 hours ago, AC1 said:

Mads 'Hannibal' Mikkelsen and Bryan 'Hannibal' Fuller to reunite in horror movie Dust Bunny.

https://collider.com/bryan-fuller-mads-mikkelsen-reuniting-dust-bunny

Mads-Mikkelsen_Bryan-Fuller.jpg

On 01/11/2022 at 6:08 PM, Jay said:

25 minutes ago, Edmilson said:

A Cursed Child movie is inevitable. You know it is coming someday, whether you want or no ;)

Once again, given the amount of attention the main actors have gotten over their opposing views on key matters, I wouldn't be surprised if Rowling sooner sold the full rights to the franchise than sanction a proper film adaptation of the story with the original cast. Especially would be tricky now that we've lost two key people in Alan Rickman and Robbie Coltrane.

Then again, Zaslav can't seem to do math (or remember the Fantastic Beasts movies exist) if he thinks it's been 15 years since the last HP flick, so maybe he'll be content with whatever random idea Joanne has to keep the franchise afloat.

On 03/11/2022 at 2:08 PM, Jay said:

On 03/11/2022 at 4:54 PM, AC1 said:

I loved 28 Days Later but I hated 28 Weeks Later (not directed by Boyle, BTW). 

And not written by Garland (Weeks; I haven't seen it).