Upcoming Films

Quintus

Rodriguez officially rebooting PREDATOR

Eh. I like a couple of his flicks (SIN CITY, DESPERADO, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN), but I've never seen one of his movies I thought was actually genuinely good. Weird choice.

As long as it's not some stupid attempt to remake the original, I'm a very happy boy.

Rodriguez officially rebooting PREDATOR

Eh. I like a couple of his flicks (SIN CITY, DESPERADO, FROM DUSK TILL DAWN), but I've never seen one of his movies I thought was actually genuinely good. Weird choice.

As long as it's not some stupid attempt to remake the original, I'm a very happy boy.

Hard to surpass the original, one of the best action films ever made. And Schwarzenegger really does his best.

It's a reboot in a sense that it's just Rodriguez's take on the film. I'm just puzzled at the statement he gave. Is he going to be making ALL those movies? I'd be happy enough with just Machete and Sin City 2.

His new film looks like "worst film ever" quality. He needs to stop making kids films.

It's a reboot in a sense that it's just Rodriguez's take on the film.

Well yeah, but the word reboot indicates the erasing of the entire franchise history (with AVP, that probably isn't a bad thing) or at least changing it to fit whatever they want for the new one and treating that as the new equilibrium (as with Bay's FRIDAY THE 13TH and (terrible terrible terrible) THE TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE franchise reboots). If it's just RR making a Predator movie, there's no reason why they can't use the word sequel.

Well it is called Predators, so he could just be ignoring the sequel there already is. I wouldn't be surprised if Antonio Banderas was the lead :) Cheech Marin and Danny Trejo would fit nicely somewhere in there as well.

They figure the attention span of teenagers/20-somethings is 15 years, and that's a huge target audience for movies. So every 15 years, they want to remake stuff or reawaken dormant franchises.

I can sort of understand why the movie might have a PG13 level of violence, since its entirely in the future and will have more laser blast type battles than bullet wounds, etc.

But the fact that the characters won't be swearing in the midst of global annihilation is pretty dumb!

Well you don't have to fill a movie with F-bombs all the time, evn though C. Bale loves to use them off camera. :)

Filling a movie with f-bombs for no reason is unneccesary, sure. But if you were the last humans left alive on a battle scarred planet you're trying to take back from killer robots you created, you'd probably let some f bombs slip out now and again :)

So it's now a bad thing to want to be able for a bigger audience to see your picture?

The Terminator films were never full of cursewords, which frankly, have become boring in action movies due to their overuse. I imagine it's actually harder to write a film for PG13, as you don't have those words to fall back on. In any case, THE DARK KNIGHT shows just how far you can really push the PG13 rating.

Having watched THE TERMINATOR last night, there are only two or three things which would stop that movie being a PG13 today: the nudity/sex, the occasional swearing, and the scene with the eye surgery, none of which are anywhere near integral to the plot of the film.

They're doing with The Terminator what they did with Blues Brothers: making sequels to an old movie with a restricted rating, but giving the sequel is more child-friendly rating, to open it up to a wider audience. The problems lie with, should the children/teens see the R-rated original so they understand the premise of the sequels, and do you lose something of the original by cutting out the R-rated material. Those are judgment calls for parents and die-hard fans, respectively.

I'm surprised they haven't tried to make a Blues Brothers prequel: make a movie about the band when it was together. The Blues Brothers wants to put the band back together. BB200 tries to do the same thing. If the money grubbing studios really want to dig deep, the prequel would be the way to go.

So freshen it up! Make a talking Alien that's got a time machine, so she can have adventures zipping through antiquity, latching onto the faces of our most distinguished historical figures. That's a $5 I'd like to waste to see.

I admire it for its SFX, but I remember really disliking it upon viewing. I haven't seen it in a while, and I don't quite remember what exactly I hated about it, but I just remember not liking it.

You should rewatch it. It's brilliant.

In other news, the TRANSFORMERS 2 trailer seems more retarded than the first. I can see this crap making a ridiculous amount of money.

However, it might not be as retarded as the GI JOE trailer. At least we're getting a Silvestri score out of that one.

However, it might not be as retarded as the GI JOE trailer. At least we're getting a Silvestri score out of that one.

Yeah that looks like a winner....... :o

I did find out that a new G.I. Joe cartoon has been made and is showing on Cartoon Network here in the US (I believe it's on Youtube as well).

Suprisingly more adult oriented and features much more ruthless and brave Cobra Commander. In fact they killed a couple of characters from the series in the premiere episode.

Anyhoo back to the movies.

I saw a Transformers 2 trailer for the first time last night. It was crap.

I can't say I was caught off guard by that statement.

I haven't seen a single trailer or image from Transformers 2, indeed the hype has gone right over my head. Having said that, I shall probably go see it and be pleasantly entertained, as I was the first. I just hope I can make sense of the action sequences this time around.

I just hope I can make sense of the action sequences this time around.

If what I saw in the trailer is anything to go by, you won't.

Hey, apropos nothing, they're currently filming Deathly Hallows in the UK...

I wonder when the composer will be announced (Nicholas Hooper hasn't been confirmed yet).

:)