Upcoming Films

Quintus

I thought once you lose it it's gone forever?

I never said he lost it. He's just back. I haven't seen him for ages. I thought he retired or something.

I saw the trailer for that awhile ago and it looked good.

William Friedkin is back!

I thought once you lose it it's gone forever?

:lol: ha!

I just checked IMDb. The last decades or so, Friedkin didn't make that much movies (even worked a lot for TV) and those he made don't look like they are any good (I don't know these movies). With Killer Joe, Friedkin might actually break the pattern.

Matt Reeves (Let Me In, Cloverfield) will direct Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The film is expected to continue production as scheduled for the May 23, 2014 release.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/10/matt-reeves-in-deal-to-direct-dawn-of-the-planet-of-the-apes/

Doyle's out then, I guess, for Giacchino.

Wow.

Release Date: January 25, 2013

Studio: Relativity Media

Director: Patrik Forsberg, Peter Farrelly, Elizabeth Banks, Steven Brill, Steve Carr, Rusty Cundieff, James Duffy, Griffin Dunne, James Gunn, Bob Odenkirk, Brett Ratner

Screenwriter: Rocky Russo, Jeremy Sosenko, Patrik Forsberg, Will Carlough, James Gunn

Starring: Elizabeth Banks, Kristen Bell, Anna Faris, Jimmy Bennett, Leslie Bibb, Kate Bosworth, Gerard Butler, Kieran Culkin, Josh Duhamel, Richard Gere, John Hodgman, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Knoxville, Beth Littleford, Justin Long, Aasif Mandvi, Jack McBrayer, Stephen Merchant, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Chloë Grace Moretz, Liev Schreiber, Seann William Scott, Tony Shalhoub, Emma Stone, Jason Sudeikis, Uma Thurman, Matt Walsh, Patrick Warburton, Naomi Watts, Jeremy Allen White, Kate Winslet

Genre: Comedy

Plot Summary: Take a hilarious director, add a brilliant cast, mix in some twisted jokes, remove all boundaries, and then stand back... way back. In "Movie 43," comedy is served steaming hot (literally) by director Peter Farrelly of The Farrelly Brothers ("Something About Mary," "Dumb & Dumber") in one of the most shocking, original, and dangerous comedies ever made. Starring Johnny Knoxville, Gerard Butler, Anna Faris, Seann William Scott, Hugh Jackman, Richard Gere, Uma Thurman, Halle Berry, Emma Stone, Naomi Watts, Kate Bosworth, Kate Winslet, Terrence Howard, Liev Schreiber, Elizabeth Banks, Justin Long, Kristen Bell, Patrick Warburton, Josh Duhamel, Jason Sudeikis, Chloe Grace Moretz, Stephen Merchant, Christopher Mintz-Plasse, Jack McBrayer, Kieran Culkin, and Chris Pratt, "Movie 43" is jaw-dropping, uproarious, outrageous fun. Warning: not for the weak-stomached, faint of heart, or easily offended.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9OTiI0vXi0

Id never see a movie which has the sentence "Will you poop on me?" in it, even if it had all the best comedians in the world in it. I'd rather shoot myself in the foot.

It seems you have your priorities backwards. While it's just as unpleasant to wash shit out of clothes or bed sheets as it is to get out blood, your foot doesn't grow back as quickly.

But they are your priorities.

it's a January release, that's never a promising sign.

Oh look it's a new movie in January! Why yes, it will be fantastic, why because the studios always save there best for January and February.

If you market things right though you can make a ton of money during those months, because you have no competition. Unless American moviegoers really did love Meet The Spartans, how the hell did that have a $70 million opening?

Taken also made a ton of money.

December/January is a great time to release comedies such as this, it gives moviegoers who are sick of all the oscar-bait serious films an alternative to watch

In other news, according to wikipedia, this Movie 43 was filmed in 2010!

Let's hope it is good. We don't want to think that stunt man died making a bad movie now, do we?

I instantly recognized Barry Pepper as the Custer-looking soldier.

This will be good. Also, no composer credited in the credits. Gore booted Jack White for Hans, maybe?

First I saw 'Disney'. Then I saw Bruckheimer. I stopped watching right there. This will be bad.

This reviewer is going bananas over Cloud Atlas:

http://wearemoviegeeks.com/2012/10/cloud-atlas-fantastic-fest-review/

cloud-atlas_poster-560x829.jpg

Alex

This will be good. Also, no composer credited in the credits. Gore booted Jack White for Hans, maybe?

First I saw 'Disney'. Then I saw Bruckheimer. I stopped watching right there. This will be bad.

Good ol' Alex. Judging things without seeing them.

I've heard very good things about Cloud Atlas, but I'm trying to avoid reading any more about it because I've heard that it really rewards a fresh viewing.

The Lone Ranger actually looks like it could be decent. The colors are a bit washed out for my taste, but the overall look of the cinematography looks pretty nice. If it's to Westerns what the first POTC was to pirate films, it could be a darn good time.

This will be good.

+

=

Good ol' Koray, being idiotic as always.

No really, Disney and Bruckheimer ...and I should be on cloud nine?!! Amazing.

The reviews are not all good on Cloud Atlas, this is my favorite.

Tom Tykwer and Andy and Lana Wachowski :pukeface: wanted to make a movie unlike any other, and they certainly did: Cloud Atlas is a unique and totally unparalleled disaster.

that's mine after seeing "her" picture, I'd say it turned me gay but we know that's a lie. It did skeer me.

Sorry, I don't know who that is ... but I know Joey.

no you don't,

tomorrow Taken 2 opens. it's getting strong reviews from 10% of the reviewers.

It will do big simply due to the first film.

Shame that Looper and Dredd, two genuinely good films, have by and large been overlooked by the public. Dredd is particularly disappointing, as its such a quality action movie that got lost in the shuffle. A March release with a better marketing campaign would have done wonders for it. A shame we won't get to see another.

This will be good.

+

=

Good ol' Koray, being idiotic as always.

No really, Disney and Bruckheimer ...and I should be on cloud nine?!! Amazing.

If you can't infer that "This will be good" in relation to a teaser trailer equates to "I'm looking forward to it" then I don't know what to say. You, on the other hand, dismiss entire films based on RT scores, a company logo, and general consensus.

Disney and Bruckheimer mean nothing to me. Gore Verbinski western does.