Upcoming Films

Quintus

That might be the biggest ensemble cast ever.

And it doesn't look vomit-inducing either. With the sheer number of 'skits', some of them will be funny (and some will miss). The leprechaun one and the homeschooling sketch could work as 80 minute comedies, though.

While the Halle Berry and Emma Stone ones won't overstay their welcome in 5-10 minutes.

This will be good.

+

Good ol' Alex. Judging things without seeing them.

=

Good ol' Koray, being idiotic as always.

No really, Disney and Bruckheimer ...and I should be on cloud nine?!! Amazing.

If you can't infer that "This will be good" in relation to a teaser trailer equates to "I'm looking forward to it" then I don't know what to say. You, on the other hand, dismiss entire films based on RT scores, a company logo, and general consensus.

Disney and Bruckheimer mean nothing to me. Gore Verbinski western does.

I would like to like this film but I dislike the way it looks. I prefer more colourful visuals.

Don't worry Joe, Alex thinks he knows everything :)

Joey once was a woman?!

This will be good.

+

=

If you can't infer that "This will be good" in relation to a teaser trailer equates to "I'm looking forward to it" then I don't know what to say. You, on the other hand, dismiss entire films based on RT scores, a company logo, and general consensus.

If you can't infer that "this will be bad" is an opposite reaction to "this will be good" then I KNOW what time it is. Anyhow, Disney makes kids movies and I hate everything Bruckheimer. And just because I like to know how a movie is perceived by the critics doesn't mean I have to agree with it. There are more than enough examples that prove I actually have a mind of my own. OTOH, I don't think that you have. Like sheep, you dwell with everything that is popular: You love Zimmer, you hate Snyder, and you actually agree more with RT and general consensus than I do. Want to do a test?

Looks awful

I remember when these were well-written summer blockbusters made with practical effects and a strong supporting cast about an every-man in unlikely situations. Now they are awful CGI fests dumped off in the off-season about a freaking one-man wrecking crew. They shouldn't even be making them

Don't worry Joe, Alex thinks he knows everything :)

Joey once was a woman?!

This will be good.

+

=

If you can't infer that "this will be bad" is an opposite reaction to "this will be good" then I KNOW what time it is. Anyhow, Disney makes kids movies and I hate everything Bruckheimer. And just because I like to know how a movie is perceived by the critics doesn't mean I have to agree with it. There are more than enough examples that prove I actually have a mind of my own. OTOH, I don't think that you have. Like sheep, you dwell with everything that is popular: You love Zimmer, you hate Snyder, and you actually agree more with RT and general consensus than I do. Want to do a test?

Normally that's what I would infer, Alex, but considering you actually didn't watch the teaser, you're just talking out of your ass. For the record, I'm the minority here in loving Zimmer, and don't regular moviegoers like Snyder? Everyone in my high school saw the piece of shit that is 300. I also wouldn't know if my opinions fall in line with the Tomatometer since I haven't visited the site in quite awhile.

It's also not about agreeing, it's about dismissing and making conclusions like I said earlier. "The problem with Prometheus is there's too much exposition, blah, blah, blah." Wait, how can you make that presumption without seeing the movie? Because others said so? Thanks for proving my point.

and don't regular moviegoers like Snyder? Everyone in my high school saw the piece of shit that is 300.

Alex has made the idea in his mind that Snyder is a brilliant director that most people usually don't understand and isn't popular among the crowd. When he sees someone disliking Snyder is proof that he is unusual and his uparalelled work is beyond them,

Wait, how can you make that presumption without seeing the movie? Because others said so? Thanks for proving my point.

We need a thread of everybody's top ten favorite and least favorite movies that they've never frikking seen.

2 was a paint-by-numbers retread of the first film, which is far and away THE epitome of the 1980s action movie. 2 is still good, though, if just for when McClane shoots all the blanks inside the airport and Dennis Franz finally believes him, and for the spectacular plane crash at the end when McClane makes the landing lights. To this day, I always think of William Sadler when I say "Dulles Tower."

But I did enjoy 3 very much, too.

I kind of liked Marco Beltrami's score from the last film, so I also want to see the new one.

Also, am I the only one to think using Beethoven's ninth to promote something is unintentionally funny in the current economic climate?

Karol

3 is awesome! WAY better than 2

not for me, it had the most contrived villian, I'm Hanz Gruber's less interesting less dangerous but more racist brother.

Also, am I the only one to think using Beethoven's ninth to promote something is unintentionally funny in the current economic climate?

I never associated that music with the EU in my mind.

Yeah, what's Beethoven got to do with politics?

November will be a busy month for me at the movies, Flight, Skyfall, Lincoln, and Red Dawn.

I never associated that music with the EU in my mind.

Yeah, what's Beethoven got to do with politics?

Well, Ode to Joy is the official EU anthem.

Karol

Normally that's what I would infer, Alex, but considering you actually didn't watch the teaser, you're just talking out of your ass. For the record, I'm the minority here in loving Zimmer, and don't regular moviegoers like Snyder? Everyone in my high school saw the piece of shit that is 300. I also wouldn't know if my opinions fall in line with the Tomatometer since I haven't visited the site in quite awhile.

It's also not about agreeing, it's about dismissing and making conclusions like I said earlier. "The problem with Prometheus is there's too much exposition, blah, blah, blah." Wait, how can you make that presumption without seeing the movie? Because others said so? Thanks for proving my point.

Wait! You are in the minority with loving the most popular film composer of the last 10 years?!!

Zack Snyder is loved just as much as he is hated. In a way, it's almost comparable with the Bose brand. People simply love to hate him. The venom people spit at Snyder, just because his style is very noticeable, can be found all over the net. It's like you can't be a cinephile if you like Snyder, just like you can't be an audiophile if you happen to like a Bose product.

About the trailer, I don't need more information than Disney and Bruckheimer doing cowboys and indians. For me, that's a perfect warning, if ever there is one. Do you really think seeing the whole bleeding trailer will change my mind? Really?!

Anyway, let's do the test, Koray. You say that I blindly follow the opinion of RT. If it appears that you are wrong, we must conclude that it is you who is talking out of your ass, shall we agree on that? Now, what movies did I watch lately?

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy: 5/10 (RT: 83%)

Shutter Island:3/10 (69%)

Inception:1/10 (86%)

Inside Man: 7/10 (86%)

The Dark Knight: 7/10 (94%)

The Dark Knight Rises: 8/10 (87%)

Super 8: 4/10 (82%)

Blow: 7/10 (55%)

Starksky And Hutch: 3/10 (64%)

Rescue Dawn: 6/10 (90%)

Becoming Jane: 5/10 (57%)

Spartacus: 6/10 (96%!!!)

Repo Men: 5/10 (22%)

The Hunger Games: 7/10 (85%)

Rubber: 6/10 (68%)

Extraordinary Measures: 2/10 (28%)

The Cabin In The Woods: 5/10 (91%)

Hmm, guess who's wrong?

Alex

Yeah but the issue is boring and I don't care about it.

I thought The Dark Knight Rises didn't make sense and was extremely contrived. The drama so phoned in, the revelations so stupid, the political discurse so empty... Plus, I don't like lies about nuclear fusion. There's no way I would prefer it to Spartacus.

Yeah but the issue is boring and I don't care about it.

And yet, you were quick as silver to notice my reply and react to it. Again, I'm not interested to discuss each score. It's completely beside the point. Don't react if you are bored. Simply go to another thread or another forum.

I thought The Dark Knight Rises didn't make sense and was extremely contrived. The drama so phoned in, the revelations so stupid, the political discurse so empty... Plus, I don't like lies about nuclear fusion.

(Y)

Wait! You are in the minority with loving the most popular film composer of the last 10 years?!!

Reread the part I bolded and think again.

Zack Snyder is loved just as much as he is hated. In a way, it's almost comparable with the Bose brand. People simply love to hate him. The venom people spit at Snyder, just because his style is very noticeable, can be found all over the net. It's like you can't be a cinephile if you like Snyder, just like you can't be an audiophile if you happen to like a Bose product.

I don't love to hate Snyder, I don't even want to, he's simply a bad filmmaker. I've said this before in the Man Of Steel thread. Either way, the reason I brought him up and inquired about his popularity among filmgoers is because you accused me of loving everything that is popular. Everyone's clamoring over Malick and Dominik, aren't they? C'mon man, you're smarter than this. We actually love a lot of the same films.

About the trailer, I don't need more information than Disney and Bruckheimer doing cowboys and indians. For me, that's a perfect warning, if ever there is one. Do you really think seeing the whole bleeding trailer will change my mind? Really?!

No, nor did I ever mention changing your mind about anything. I'm talking about your illogical way of thinking, which you keep dodging. You have opinions, Alex, chock full of 'em, but they're all ridiculously unfounded. You continuously make remarks and conclusions on films and genres (or in this recent case trailers) you haven't seen. The Bruckheimer logo appears like 30 seconds in, would the extra 60 seconds of teaser really kill you? That's all it takes to make your opinion valid.

Anyway, let's do the test, Koray. You say that I blindly follow the opinion of RT. If it appears that you are wrong, we must conclude that it is you who is talking out of your ass, shall we agree on that? Now, what movies did I watch lately?

No I never said you blindly follow the opinion of RT, I said you use it as a means to make conclusions and dismiss films you haven't actually seen. Sorry you went and grabbed all those ratings for nothing.

Hmm, guess who's wrong?

Alex

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Yes, I know that you said "here", but honestly, I thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say. As if being in the minority at JWfan makes you unique in loving Hans Zimmer. In fact, it's only natural that you are in the minority 'here' for Williams' fans are not easily impressed with the musical level in which Zimmer writes his scores.

I don't love to hate Snyder, I don't even want to, he's simply a bad filmmaker. I've said this before in the Man Of Steel thread. Either way, the reason I brought him up and inquired about his popularity among filmgoers is because you accused me of loving everything that is popular. Everyone's clamoring over Malick and Dominik, aren't they? C'mon man, you're smarter than this. We actually love a lot of the same films.

I thought that my analogy with Bose was smart and very true, Koray. It's cool to love Nolan. It's cool to hate Snyder. Of course, you are not going to admit that you love to hate him (because admitting it would undermine your credibility) but the records show that you do love to spit venom on Snyder with every chance you get. The fact that you somehow think that I like Snyder because he paints lovely vistas, even though I explained many times why this is not the case, demonstrates how close-minded you actually are when we are talking about him. Despite my countless efforts to explain it, you still don't have the slightest clue why I like Snyder. Why? Because you don't care. You just wanna hate and repeat the same thing all over again. Expanding upon my analogy, more and more people are writing that, with the AE2, Bose has finally managed to create a good pair of headphones. Do the Bose haters care? No, they just keep on hating. Oh, the fun I had when I first heard the news that Nolan and Snyder are going to work together! To see the Nolanites virtually shake their heads in disbelief! Trust me, Koray, Nolan will never work with Uwe Boll or Michael Bay.

Amongst critics and cinephiles, Terence Malick is one of the most respected directors working today, but I'm not really a Malick fan.

Andrew Dominik is a newcomer but I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the the most respected newcomers. Why you like him is a bit of a mystery to me, since he's very much all about style. Perhaps he is the only filmmaker that overlaps both your and my taste?

Alex

Yes, I know that you said "here", but honestly, I thought it was a pretty stupid thing to say. As if being in the minority at JWfan makes you unique in loving Hans Zimmer. In fact, it's only natural that you are in the minority 'here' for Williams' fans are not easily impressed with the musical level in which Zimmer writes his scores.

Being a minority here does make me unique in loving Hans Zimmer... here! It's not like there's an HZ weekly gathering in major cities around the States. Any casual moviegoer that loves Zimmer loves him for different reasons and has never even heard of The House Of The Spirits.

I thought that my analogy with Bose was smart and very true, Koray. It's cool to love Nolan. It's cool to hate Snyder. Of course, you are not going to admit that you love to hate him (because admitting it would undermine your credibility) but the records show that you do love to spit venom on Snyder with every chance you get. The fact that you somehow think that I like Snyder because he paints lovely vistas, even though I explained many times why this is not the case, demonstates how close-minded you actually are when we are talking about him. Despite my countless efforts to explain it, you still don't have the slightest clue why I like Snyder. Why? Because you don't care. You just wanna hate and repeat the same thing all over again. Expanding upon my analogy, more and more people are writing that, with the AE2, Bose has finally managed to create a good pair of headphones. Do the Bose haters care? No, they just keep on hating. Oh, the fun I had when I first heard the news that Nolan and Snyder are going to work together! To see the Nolanites virtually shake their heads in disbelief! Trust me, Koray, Nolan will never work with Uwe Boll or Michael Bay.

Amongst critics and cinephiles, Terence Malick is one of the most respected directors working today, but I'm not really a Malick fan.

Andrew Dominik is a newcomer but I wouldn't be surprised if he's one of the the most respected newcomers. Why you like him is a bit of a mystery to me, since he's very much all about style. Perhaps he is the only filmmaker that overlaps both your and my taste?

Alex

Alex, the only things I love to hate are films like The Room and Troll 2. No where did I mention why I think you like Snyder, and am well aware of the actual reasons, because like you said, you've explained it several times. I honestly don't understand why we're talking about him right now, but I guess you did a nice job of skirting the original issue we were talking about.

Also, obviously amongst any type of smaller group will anything be more praised than by the general public. You fail to prove that I love everything that's popular. Saying Malick is hailed by cinephiles is actually helping my argument. You also don't know why I love Dominik? Well you answered it yourself. I would have thought it was clear that I love filmmakers and composers and writers, and pretty much everything that has a great, consistent and particular style. I'm a fan of the auteur. So go ahead and keep focusing on Snyder and Nolan. Maybe you can throw in Tarantino too, and ignore the fact that Leone is my favorite director, Malick my favorite living director, and that Kubrick and Hitchcock and Scorsese are up there as well. Wait, those guys are all respected by critics and cinephiles! I guess I love everything that the public loves.

Wrong film. He's not attached to To The Wonder. That movie's already premiered. He's attached to the untitled Malick project (as stated in the article).

Anyways, more news on the Hitchcock biopic:

HitchcockPeopleSpread.jpg

Wrong film. He's not attached to To The Wonder. That movie's already premiered. He's attached to the untitled Malick project (as stated in the article).

I got that from another article about the same subject.

http://www.filmtotaa...el.php?id=27778

Of course, if To The Wonder is already released then filmtotaal (it's Dutch!) needs to find better sources for their news bits.

Alex

20th Century Fox and Blue Sky Studios will animate, produce and distribute a brand-new Peanuts film for November 25, 2015.

Source

The son and family of Charles Schultz are closely involved (his son actually wrote the script), while Steve Martino, co-director of Horton Hears a Who and Ice Age: Continental Drift, will direct the pic.

I guess John Powell will get involved since Martino's worked with him before.

Looks AWESOME! I'll actually trek out to see that one in the theater. I was very glad to see it say "This Fall", because last I checked it out was coming out in Jan 2013. Now I see its opening in limited release in the US on Black Friday, great news!