The Phillies Are The World Champs!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be presumptuous of American professional sports to imply that winning one of the "big four" professional American sports league championships is synonymous with being world champions, but I fail to see a problem with it.

There are teams in Canada, and many players are from Latin America, Japan, Europe, and other international regions.

Besides, the World Series has been so named for 100 years or so. Why correct the mistakes of our great-grandfathers now?

Congratulations, Philadelphia, your winless drought has ended, you've earned it. Our long national nightmare is over: wintertime baseball.

And now the usual "no Red Sox or Yankees" ratings whining. I love the line, "It's not Fox's fault." It sure damn well is Fox's fault, at least a good part of it. They want the late starts. They're the ones that demanded the scattered off days during the first two rounds so House could air uninterrupted. They're the ones that won't let us have any more day playoff games, even on Sunday. Sure MLB is complicit in this, but Fox is the catalyst.

What pisses me off is after Boston made their miraculous late comeback to breathe new life into their ALCS run and add a few more games, even after the NLCS was decided, they still had the ALCS games on TBS. I don't have cable and feel cheated they didn't move the ALCS games to FOX for a larger audience.

There's been some talk, don't know how accurate, that Fox might not renew their Baseball contract and that could dump the playoffs to WTBS or ESPN. Which sucks for those who don't have cable.

I'm not at all surprised. The Japanese play a more rigorous and disciplined style of baseball than here in the USA.

The reason so many of them are coming here to play in the MLB is not to play better ball on better teams, it's for the money.

Actually I thought it was MLB allstar teams that went over to Japan. In years past they have done rather well against the Japanese teams.

There's been some talk, don't know how accurate, that Fox might not renew their Baseball contract and that could dump the playoffs to WTBS or ESPN. Which sucks for those who don't have cable.

I bet ESPN would push it over to ABC, they're one and the same sports coverage wise now.

Doesn't sound like it would be as good as "The Best of Times" by Styx when the Penguins won one of their Stanely Cups.

GOOOOOOO PHILLIIES!!!!!!!

Life long Phillies Phan here. The parade last week was amazing, it was 25 years in the making!

Boston's won twice in the past five years. White Sox won. Rockies and Tampa made the World Series, but ultimately lost. And I believe that holds true for Detroit, also. And Philly won, also. Though the Cubbies are still cursed.

It's Pittsburgh's turn, damnit. When are the Buccos going to make at least NL Wild Card?