The "what Does That Theme Represent/ "where Does That Cue Go In The Film Go?"/ "is That Cue Even In The Film?" Thread

Nick Parker

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't alternates actual alternates of cues used in the film. Therefore they would be not used in the film.

You're wrong.

The alternate cues were written to be used in the movie. BUT for some reason or other they DIDN'T get used.

So it's legitimate to ask where exactly the alternate cue WOULD have been used... or where it would have begun and ended.

I phrased my question poorly. To clarify:

I was listening to Star Wars last night, and I was wondering: where in the film would "Alternate Binary Sunset" have started and ended?

I phrased my question poorly. To clarify:

I was listening to Star Wars last night, and I was wondering: where in the film would "Alternate Binary Sunset" have started and ended?

I believe it fits the same as the original.

I had a suspicion it would, thank you. I have to say, I think the version that made it into the film certainly fits more than the alternate, but I prefer "Alternate Binary Sunset" as a piece of music.

Yeah, the alternate is wonderful. That hadn't appeared on any releases prior to the '97 edition, had it?

Not to my knowledge. Though I do not have the RCA release with the liner notes, I do believe recalling that it was a relatively new discovery for the RCA release.

Gotta love those 5 minutes of nothingness between the cue and the alternate main titles.

Is it really a surprise that you think Superman is overrated given that those minutes of silence are the only thing you consider noteworthy?

I think there's something seriously wrong with this Nick Parker kid.

I remember the first time I listened to Star Wars the Special Edition, back when I was still listening to CD's. I had them in the changer and there was silence after the alternate sunset scene. I guess it just sort of phased out of my mind. 5 minutes or whatever later I hear "TAKE 16!" and I'm freaking out thinking my home has been invaded.

I remember the first time I listened to Star Wars the Special Edition, back when I was still listening to CD's. I had them in the changer and there was silence after the alternate sunset scene. I guess it just sort of phased out of my mind. 5 minutes or whatever later I hear "TAKE 16!" and I'm freaking out thinking my home has been invaded.

:P

Really?

I don't think the AI would be considered an authority on normalcy.

mA I | I Am

• 1 year later...

what does the theme that plays when satipo swings across the rope and during the Indy Rides The Statue cue represent?

Oh you already know. Why did you ask then?

i suspected that that was what it was but i wasnt sure so i asked