Yes We Can!

tony69

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

ya the patriot by JW. they're still playing it.

QUOTE (king mark @ Nov 5 2008, 12:05 AM) *

you mean The Patriot by JW?

of course it wasn't .It was a bit John Williamsy though

incult

So, the speech of the looser ended with Zimmer. The speech of the winner ended with John Williams. Enough said

exactly. and i'm 100% sure it was the patriot. the beginning song did not seem like the patriot. perhaps david arnoldy, but it definately became the patriot after around 1-2 minutes. and i also noticed Zimmer for mccain. hehehe.

You'll get banned anyway! That's how it works. We get an inappropriate thread, and everyone who posted in it is gone! That's how it happened last time.

how is this inappropriate? this is just someone who is remarking that he happened to innocently notice there was jw as the victory song. ;)

I hope you're right. Some of the rules of this board don't make sense. Like Ricard saying no mention of the leaked Indy set or trading of it, even though this board has a freakin' trading forum in which you can trade anything.

I hope you're right. Some of the rules of this board don't make sense. Like Ricard saying no mention of the leaked Indy set or trading of it, even though this board has a freakin' trading forum in which you can trade anything.

It's a specific rule for the Concord Set because it is in the spotlight now

Yes, it was The Patriot. God, and I was listening to it too (on CD, I mean).

So was I (well, on iPod). Wanted to listen to something... American, and I thought it was the most fitting.

That synth version threw me at first, but for the most part, it didn't sound all that bad. I'm not sure why they didn't use the actual recording though.

I thought I heard "Through the Wall (Alternate)", "Desert Chase" full unedited version "Bridge Percussion", Tod End Credits full film version and "The Two Joneses" during the election news coverage...

:(

You'll get banned anyway! That's how it works. We get an inappropriate thread, and everyone who posted in it is gone! That's how it happened last time.

Does this mean you too? :( You made your post in this thread after all.

Chris, who looks forward to Williams' orchestration to Yes We Can ;)

So, the speech of the looser ended with Zimmer. The speech of the winner ended with John Williams. Enough said

It was The Patriot indeed, although looped and in a different (synthesized?) arrangement. I was very excited, proud and happy to hear it anyway ;)

But what was the first part of the music, immediately after the speech ended?

It's political discussion.

Yes, but I think it's banned to prevent arguments breaking out and prevent the JWFan WW1.

None of that's occurred in this thread. Just an interesting musical observation for the winner/runner-up in the election. Where's the problem?

Took me a few seconds to recognise Crimson Tide actually. Initially it was just some generic music I'd heard before somewhere.

Took me a few seconds to recognise Crimson Tide actually. Initially it was just some generic music I'd heard before somewhere.

I was on my computer and I heard it playing behind me. I was like "Is that Hans?" Then it it went into the full theme and I bursted out laughing.

I wonder why they used that cheap midi version of such beautiful theme. The notes in the strings passage were all overlayed.

well it must have been awful if I didn't recognise it

Never mind the stupidity of starting a thread like this when you know the subject is forbidden and it can go downhill quickly.

But for film music fans you guys/gals sure don't know your music. It started with Trevor Rabin's Remember The Titans and finished with The Patriot. If there was a different cue in between I couldn't make it out because it was somewhat subdued.

And it was Crimson Tide for the other one in question.

I also thought I heard "Bruce and Linda," but maybe not.

I thought I heard "Through the Wall (Alternate)", "Desert Chase" full unedited version "Bridge Percussion", Tod End Credits full film version and "The Two Joneses" during the election news coverage...

;):lol:

Currently playing "Anakin's Dark Deeds" and "Enter Lord Vader".

:( "A New Beginning"

I need a patriotic boost, I'm going through Medal of Honor, Patton, and Independence Day. For some reason, I just can't stomach The Patriot right now.

It's political discussion.

Yes, but I think it's banned to prevent arguments breaking out and prevent the JWFan WW1.

None of that's occurred in this thread. Just an interesting musical observation for the winner/runner-up in the election. Where's the problem?

There's no problem as long as this thread's about music.

Which it has been so far.

So basically it's ok to take a part of a presidential candidate's speech and use it in the title of a thread and create vague but obvious threads to support politics on this message board?

Just checking......:(