If I Lived In Cuba.......

Lurker

Oh man, if only I could live in Cuba. Apparently Steven Spielberg is there now publicising Minority Report and also there is a Spielberg film festival going on as well. They're showing E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Jaws, Schindler's List, Saving Private Ryan, Empire of the Sun, and Duel.

This just isn't fair! Why do the Cubans get to have all the fun??

Neil

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you lived in Cuba, you would want to move to the United States, where you would have your own orchestra, and night club act, which your wife Lucy would always want a part in, but your friends Fred and Ethel are far more talented and qualified to take part in.

And you telling Lucy she has some 'splainen to do.

Actually I wasn't reacting to the Spielberg news, my post was in reference to Joe's I Love Lucy post. But it could also apply to the fact that I can't visit Spielberg in Cuba. :cry: In which case you're right, I would be overreacting. :mrgreen:

Ray Barnsbury

Neil, if you lived in Cuba, you'd probably be too poor to afford tickets to this festival, :) but you'd be able to smoke some of the finest cigars in the world, though... :mrgreen:

Incidentally, King Mark, if you captured your specimens of Phoebis Avellaneda, you'd probably need a jar, a freezer and some ethyl diacetate or trichloroethelene. How'd you plan to take all that through customs? LOL

Incidentally, King Mark, if you captured your specimens of Phoebis Avellaneda, you'd probably need a jar, a freezer and some ethyl diacetate or trichloroethelene.  

:wow:

How'd you plan to take all that through customs?  LOL  

Dryed up dead and folded in a paper enveloppe,but

i would probably spend the rest of my days in a filthy prison cell.

Oh,by the way I DO have have an A- pair Phoebis avellaneda and Parides gundlachianus in my 1550 near perfect species collection I stumbled on at an auction of a long dead guy's posessions,intact but with colors slightly faded.still a highlight though :mrgreen: .Heard it was extinct now,am I correct?

K.M.

Cuba is very far far away...  :mrgreen:

It's only a short (but perilous) 90 mile "boat" ride from Florida......and then Disney World!!!

Ahhhhhhhh, the life of a Cuban.

Neil

I think some people around here lack a sense of humor.

How can anyone take what Neil said, as something mean.

Joe, who has been 90 miles from Cuba, and also been within 90 feet of Cuba (Gooding Jr).

I think some people around here lack a sense of humor.

Gee, I've never heard that around here before.

I simply didn't find it funny.

That seems to be inexcusable to some here.

Ray Barnsbury

I'm not quite sure what people are upset about?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!

Besides, the cuban men I have met are HOT :pukeface:

Oh, but that's a completely different story......

Joe, who has been 90 miles from Cuba, and also been within 90 feet of Cuba (Gooding Jr).

Melange - Who has been in the area (central america countries like Honduras and its islands in the carribean) . But the closest i've been i suppose was the Dominican Republic (haiti part of same island). Dont smoke cigars but have some great 1950's cuban music i picked up on casette in Bogota a few years ago. Son Cubano tunes. mmmmm

Real chill out music ;)

If i joked about the S-11th, you USers (?) wouldnt find it funny, i think.

Luke, who would never joke with that.

Luke, you are way off base here. My comments were extremely satirical. If you don't like it, that's fine with me, but to think I was being mean spirited and hateful is just plain wrong.

Neil

Luke I think you need to explain yourself, your parallel about Sept. 11th is completely way out there. I know I don't understand what your beef is, and I know Neil doesn't. Tell us what you mean.

If i joked about the S-11th, you USers (?) wouldnt find it funny, i think.

Luke, who would never joke with that.

Luke, you are way off base here. My comments were extremely satirical. If you don't like it, that's fine with me, but to think I was being mean spirited and hateful is just plain wrong.

Neil

I never stated that. But i think somethings are not to be joked about...

OK, sorry of i misunderstood you.

I'm with Luke. It's a very serious subject to be joking about.

Don't use preconceived and irreflexive labels just to make fun of cuban society.

;)

scissorhands - who will go to Cuba surely next year.

I'm with Luke. It's a very serious subject to be joking about.

Don't use preconceived and irreflexive labels just to make fun of cuban society.

;)  

scissorhands - who will go to Cuba surely next year.

No one has done that, except those who have gotten huffy because they either don't understand satire, or they are to PC to begin with. Not one person has made fun of Cuban Society. I will say this I don't want to live there, for the same reason I don't want to live in Florida, too much sand.

Besides its not like Cuba has been part of Spain, for at least 100 years.

I know Neil said that without any bad intentions. It was simply not very funny, that's all. It's beyond me of acusing him of lack of respect for the Cuban society and I do apologise if you, Neil, got that idea.

What the hell are you people talking about? :P

Morn - Who doesn't now much about that weird far off land, Cuba.

Cuba is very far far away...  :P

It's only a short (but perilous) 90 mile "boat" ride from Florida......and then Disney World!!!

Ahhhhhhhh, the life of a Cuban.

Neil

I agree with Luke. That comment was out of place.

Sorry, Neil.

it's an Island

Its only an island if you look at it from the water.

Joe, wondering where he heard that before?

Look Joe. Satire can be funny when speaking about things that can be laughed about. I would never put a nickname to a person who has a defect, for example.

I said the comment was out of Place. I never stated i felt offended.

If i were Cuban. i would have got offended.I think few Cubans will find funny their level of life or their politics and lefft if foreig people jokes about it. ( I do not want to star a Political debate, please)

I found it uncalled for not becasue i'm Spanish, nor i have familly there, i would have said the same if Neil had said another country.

Luke I think you need to explain yourself, your parallel about Sept. 11th is completely way out there. I know I don't understand what your beef is, and I know Neil doesn't. Tell us what you mean.

Look? I only mentioned it and you felt somehow offended. How would have been your reaction if i had made a satirical comment about it?

And I didnt paralelled anything, i only wrote an example.

Besides its not like Cuba has been part of Spain, for at least 100 years.

104 years to specify.

Well it was not all our fault, some people help it. Not pointing to any nation :P

:)

Ahhh....what a comedy of errors.

I will say this much though.  Cuban cigars are very nice and smooth, and  I like them mucho gusto!

"Me gustan mucho" would be OK, but "mucho gusto" means something totally different :nono:

Ahhh....what a comedy of errors.

I will say this much though.  Cuban cigars are very nice and smooth, and  I like them mucho gusto!

"Me gustan mucho" would be OK, but "mucho gusto" means something totally different :)

LOL