The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Williamsfan301

Nice! The words by Arnold are really encouraging. Personally, I don't care for Gregson-Williams' theme, but it's great to see that he respects and reprises what other composers did for the same franchise. It's the most logical thing.

Yeah, he could have never used it and no one would have cared. Outside of hardcore HGW fans the theme probably has no importance to the series. It's not iconic or anything like that.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as MV scores go, I found the first Narnia to be quite enjoyable. The second one repeats the first a bit too much, but what material is new is pretty good.

speaking of HGW-JP collabs Chicken Run is one of my favourite scores it sounds much more vibrant/warmer than KOTCS or any other of JW's post PT scores

Holy hell that is a crap song.

The tracklist on the other hand, looks great. Over a month until we get it though... It'd better leak before then.

you didnt say that (waves hand)

No sign of A Place for Us. :o

A good thing, indeed !;)

I think I just heard the echo of 10,000 film music fans cheering in unison.

and were suddenly silenced..

After reading that 10 questions interview, it reaffirmed my opinion that aside from Williams, David Arnold would have been an awesome replacement as composer on the final two Potter films. Oh well, this score will certainly be awesome from the sound of it.

I have high hopes for this. Perhaps with this score Arnold returns to the glory days of Independence Day and Star Gate. I know it is a bit wrong to expect timeless classic status for every score and hope a composer returns to his previous triumphs soundwise but fantasy films offer such a colorful canvas to paint on and Arnold's past scores prove he can compose big and epic and colorful. The tracklist looks promising and Arnold himself said in the interview that the album will be about 72 minutes long and happily there won't be that awful song taking space from the score itself.

Its FOX. They like all their movies less than 2 hours and rated PG-13. See Die Hard 4 for proof

Yup it looked to me like they added a bunch of stuff to the movie, kinda like they did with Prince Caspian. What remains to be scene is if they removed or changed anything.

I dunno why they feel like they have to keep wedging Tilda Swinton into each movie.

I just remember think how unnecessary it was for this to be filmed in 3D when I saw the preview. And most of it looked like it took place on a boat, hence the title I'm assuming.

I don't mind films being done in 3D. It can be a pretty cool effect. However, it really does bug me when they do parts of the film specifically for the purpose of the 3D effect—IE the scroll thrown out at the audience as you can see in the trailer.

Yeah the transition seems very sudden with not much reaction from the actors. Can't say the music really sounds edited... it just seems to be changing according to the quick nature of what's happening.

I wonder if that descending melody (heard when we first see the ship in the painting, and again just as the clip cuts out) is part of Arnold's Dawn Treader theme?

I too, have no intention of seeing the film, so how Arnold's music works standalone is vital.

At last, our first taste of Dawn Treader. :lol:

Just enough in that clip to tease but not to really make anything of it.

Tantalizing. Very tantalizing.

I can't imagine that's the way the scene is edited in the final film. Just goes by way too fast.

Music sounded very promising