Indiana Jones trilogy - Cue Titles and fan-made recordings

Jay

So I dunno how much talk there's been on the sanskrit sacrifice area of the film but I've been trying to wrap my mind around it.

I did a quick edit of the film based on the notes in "Sanskrit Sacrifice [7m1]" which you can see here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI6HvzJavF0

I was, however, watching the film again comparing it to the "Sacrifice Sweetener [7m1a]" and I was trying to follow along with this and the film and found that it almost exactly fits the film... not completely... but if you follow the times it gives at the top, it fits pretty well... so I'm thinking that perhaps by this point in time, the sequence had been re-edited, and Williams cue 7m1 was being reworked to fit the film. The sweetener was to go over it and expand it a bit.

Then the "More Sacrifice [7m2]" comes into play replacing a bit of the ending. I'm working on some editing and I'll let you know if I find anything furher.

Hey gang,

I apologize, but I've been away from the board for a few weeks and am a bit behind.

GoodMusician, to answer your question, we had a lengthy discussion here about all the Sacrifice stuff..... Check out pages 1-4 of this thread, specifically the posts by DarkLord89... he was extremely helpful in breaking it all down!

Shookbaer, I saw the post you accidentally made in the "Unreleased Indiana Jones Music Resource" thread... I'll repost it here for you!

Hi

I have a little Insert for you all...

11M9 Water! Insert

Water! Insert

It`s very short, but all the instruments are in that mockup...

It works good with the Water! cue from the concord collection. This is my first vision. :D

Have fun with it :D

Greetings

Chris

I'm adding the mp3 to the main post now!

Hi all,

I work for weeks on the "Willy in the Fryer" Cue ...

In few hour`s I will it complete ! It sound cool and crappy !! :lol:

But the tracklengh is 92 seconds!?

Is that possible ? I think it is to short and the speed in my Finale software is wrong. ( 120 )

Can anyone help me ?

And what is a Bends ?? ( Instrument ) you can read it in the cue sheet on the left side at bar 12 - 20 :o

Greetings

Chris

Hey!

Great to hear that it is almost finished. It should be 1:35 - 95 secs.. so I guess your version is correct

and it reads more like "BeAds", which could be Pearls or something like that on a string to make a rattling sound. It is notated with tremolo so that would make sense.. but it has a clef hmm..

Hey!

Great to hear that it is almost finished. It should be 1:35 - 95 secs.. so I guess your version is correct

and it reads more like "BeAds", which could be Pearls or something like that on a string to make a rattling sound. It is notated with tremolo so that would make sense.. but it has a clef hmm..

What is the clef and what instrument family is it grouped with on the page? I have the score on my other computer, so I can't check it. But that would give you the greatest hint of what it actually is.

Hey!

What is the clef and what instrument family is it grouped with on the page? I have the score on my other computer, so I can't check it. But that would give you the greatest hint of what it actually is.

Well it seems to be a percussion instrument, Once it starts to pülay it has a Bassclef

Its finished

The Original is unreleased and the direct comparison is not possible !

It runs 1:32 Min. and the placeholder for the Beads works good to me ( an african wood shaker )

All the rest of the Orchestra is most Note for Note the same...

The staccato`s of many Instruments and the string section is an awesome piece of music from williams!!

I use a Wagner Bass Drum for the Track and it give that a monumental touch... :lol:

I`m not sure about the sound volume of the Instrument groups... I mix them about my feelings... :o

Here is the unreleased Track " 9M2 Willy in the Fryer " as a world premiere for you...

Willy is not amused...

This is my first version and constructive critics are welcome to make this midi better ! ;)

I hope you enjoy it and mix them in your edits...

Greetings Chris

yeah...

the end is crazy and it is possible to make an edit into the follow track ? which track follows ?

short round escape ?

I see that willis rescue is the next !! :o

yeah...

the end is crazy and it is possible to make an edit into the follow track ? which track follows ?

short round escape ?

I see that willis rescue is the next !! :o

did you listen to the DVD extract of Willie in the Fryer? interesting.. :lol:

http://www.indianajonesmusic.com/2008/11/missing-music.html

the water insert...11m1, schoober, is there a way you can check your work. The horns especially. I know the "fanfare" that comes in near the end is like a fifth off which leads me to believe that the horn line is written in the score at...is it concert pitch? either way it's the wrong pitch... Its a great job...

I wish we had more of the midis though and not the mp3s cause I'd fix them and re-post both (hint hint) lol

Its finished

It runs 1:32 Min. and the placeholder for the Beads works good to me ( an african wood shaker )

The staccato`s of many Instruments and the string section is an awesome piece of music from williams!!

I use a Wagner Bass Drum for the Track and it give that a monumental touch... ;)

I`m not sure about the sound volume of the Instrument groups... I mix them about my feelings... :unsure:

Here is the unreleased Track " 9M2 Willy in the Fryer " as a world premiere for you...

...Willy is not amused...

This is my first version and constructive critics are welcome to make this midi better ! ;)

Greetings Chris

Chris, it seems that the cue can't be downloaded anymore. Could you fix it please?

I would love to hear that. Thanks!!

Its finished

I use a Wagner Bass Drum for the Track and it give that a monumental touch... ;)

I`m not sure about the sound volume of the Instrument groups... I mix them about my feelings... :unsure:

...Willy is not amused...

Greetings Chris

Chris, it seems that the cue can't be downloaded anymore. Could you fix it please?

I would love to hear that. Thanks!!

Oh it can - Chris just made an mistake (again I think, don't know how this happens) if you look at the URL, it has two times "http." in it. you must replace it with: "www." then it works

Hi,

I have fix my mp3 link ... so it works ! ;)

I check the DVD rip from the cue and it is cool that the running time from the clip is the same... :unsure:

I have today fix the "anvil`s" at the track... the three notes of that passage plays slowly... ;)

I will check the Horns and the complete brass section in the water! insert... ;)

Thanks... ;)

I checked the Brass section in the Water! Insert...

The french horn fanfare at the end at Bar 5-7 sounds a little high !! The notation from me is correct !? The tiny A2 over the barlines ... is that a new clef sighn ?

I can`t send Pm`s...( ...GoodMusican) my Browser crashed... I have mixed the Brass section only and I can post it here in the thread...when you will check it ?

Interesting ?

I have check the day`s 9m1X... Interesting! The cue-line "short round escapes" and "Willy in the fryer"... but impossible Choir passages! ;)

Chris

you would need the software called "Wordbuilder" for that one. You can type in any word, adjust it and the choir will sing the lyrics. but you have to have the EWQL Symphonic Choir for that I think... strange I really don't know why I know that.

I have the worldbuilder...( EWQL Choirs )

I have no idea how that software works !!??

I work without keybord...

That is an option... when the software is working I can use it and make the Sanskrit vocals...

...kennt jemand hier diese Software, dann möge er mir bitte helfen ! Please in german... :)

I will beginn this weekend with the Notation from the 9m1x...without chorus! Many percussions... :)

chris

Chris,

Are you saying the 9m1x sheet music contains material not heard in the film?

In the film, you can hear 9m1x overlayed on top of "Short Round's Esape", as it's supposed to. Did you get the PM I sent you containing the entire score as heard in the film?

And word on Water Music Insert? even if you simply export the audio of both, I can pitch shift the brass and layer the two to create the correct version. just a thought ;-)

I honestly Wanna finish TOD and that's ALL I'm waiting on :-p I have a snyth program too but yours sounds more convincing than mine...and how frustrating it is lol

sorry to double post but I managed to track down some video game rips of some of the tracks from the old NES TOD video game... (ie: barely polyphonic midi)

One of the things I noticed was that they seem to follow, pretty closely, to the actual cues...as if whoever had them either had the sheet music or a recording (probably sheet music).

Well, its interesting that "Down the Snowbank" has a much different opening than the one we're use to... and without sheet music this is simply speculation, but perhaps this is the original opening to "Down the Snowbank"?

Looking at the sheetmusic we have, we have from measure 5 on... meaning only about 4 measures are missing, and counting off and keeping time, it's 5 measures long... but given the fact that perhaps there's a meter change... that could account for it. Say what would normally be the first two measures were simply one measure... perhaps performed differently to fit the film, and then into the actual tempo and beat...

I REALLY think this is it!

Assuming this isn't breaking any rules here's the file:

Down the Snowbank

(Its only the first few moments of the file. The rest (starting with measure 5) repeats over and over)

If anyone happens to find or have the midi of this, we could then extract the parts and at least create a SOMEWHAT accurate reproduction... I think some of the instrumentation is obvious...

I Can`t download your midi snowbank file... ( error ) :(

I worked today on the 5 First supper cue`s !

The third one has a massive section of unreleased music in there... the Movie version runs 17 seconds! my version runs 34 seconds !! ;)

The first one is a little longer ( ca. 5 seconds ) the two short cues are the same and the last one is a different take in the movie... my version has a alternate ending...

Thats all interesting and my Finale version is finished.

Today, I will beginn mixing the VSTi Instruments. ;)

Chris

I have the First Supper cues finished !

Only the last one... the string section is very hard ! The up`s and down`s slides are very hard to realize! :flameblob:

...but it comes :ola:

The 3. part included unreleased music :D

I will make later today the 5m2B "exchange of glances" ... so it make this score section complete!

5m2A The First Supper

enjoy...

Edit: sorry, I forgot the Percussions ( Bell Tree, Cymbals , Crotale Bells, Tablas, Marimba and Tambourin... )I must fix that...please download later ! ;)

Chris

Sorry, I thought it worked when I first put the link.

I reuploaded it and changed the file name... and it seems to be working now

http://www.fileupyours.com/view/253932/Slalomonmthumol.MP3

And schoober... whats the update on Water Music insert? As I said, if you wanna upload those horns and orchestra as separate files, I can pitch shift the horns to be right.

hm,

the midi is Interesting...

But we need the first 4 Bars of the Original cue sheet !

For many month I create a mockup of the 5m1 cue " Entrance of the boy King"

It sounds okay... but Jeremy say`s that is a little notationfault in there... ;)

In this time I learn the Finale software better and a awesome german Book is a good description and manual ! :)

Yesterday, I load my old notation and was shocked !! Jeremy was absolutly right !! :blink:

I fix my complete MUS. file and load new Instrument details in the track. And this is the result:

Entrance of the Boy King

it sounds like a little bit more Williams

I will check all my mockups for fault`s in the next day`s and upload the new tracks for you

as much as it would be nice to find the orignal cue sheet, we may have to accept we won't... I'm simply proposing that perhaps this is the lost music.

I'm gonna keep saying this till you say something schookbaer but

"water music insert" lol

Is it a synth sfx? I remmeber in Jurassic Park williams used a "cork pop" sfx at the end of "The Cartoon Demonstration."

Whats the boing at the opening of "To Bankot Palace"... or is that a sitar...

I could use the rest of the orchestra btw :-p so I can layer it lol

EDIT:

Alright, so the answer is, only some of your horns are messed up.

Going down the inserts sheet music.

(Page 19 in the pdf)

Line 2 is wrong and needs to be pitch shifted a major third down. (Horns in F)

Line 3 is wrong and needs to be pitch shifted a major third down. (Trumpets)

Line 4 (the low brass) is correct and should stay the pitch you placed it. (Trombone)

I've also included a DVD rip so you can kinda head what I'm talking about.

On line 3 measure 1 I think is a half step off what it should be.

Also in line 3, measure 4, it goes up the scale and ends up in measure 5 a whole step higher than what you have.

Try to compare this all... you're sooo close! If you wanna upload the midi, I can fix it and send it back to you as well

I've taken the liberty of pitch shifting the file and running a few comparisons.

Here is the file:

11m1 Comparison

Here's how I have it set up:

1) DVD Rip

2) My pitch shifted version (down a third)

3) Your Original

---

Now I've broken it up into segments for easier comparisons

Segment 1 - DVD rip (Measure 1)

Segment 2 - My pitch shift (Measure 1 and first beat of 2) *notice that the first "BAH" sounds off pitch. Double check your pitches.

Segment 3 - DVD rip (Measure 2)

Segment 4 - My Pitch Shift (Measure 2) *Bass line is out of tune now becuase it was correct in your original

Segment 5 - DVD rip (Measure 3)

Segment 6 - My Pitch Shift (Measure 3) *Bass line is out of tune now becuase it was correct in your original

Segment 7 - DVD rip (measure 4 and 5)

Segment 8 - My Pitch Shift (measure 4, 5, and 6) *Listen to how your brass don't go up high enough. They should be the same pitch as final note of the fanfare.

Segment 9 - DVD rip (measure 7, 8, 9)

Segment 10 - Our Original Bras (Showing Correct Pitch)

Segment 11 - My Pitch shifted (Showing correct other lines but incorrect line 4)

EDIT EDIT:

Could they mean "Spring Drum"??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2gZ5d_1f8U

I'm almost certain he uses that in TLW... there's a part when the Roland is about to shoot the rex and finds that he has no bullets... and the music sounds like someone shaking a chain link fence...

Okay...

please make it with my midis... :)

This are the complete Brass section...

2 x french horn

2 x trombone

2 x trumpets

1 X tuba

Brass Midi`s

No... the youtube spring drum is the wrong instrument... in the cue it sounds clashy ( cymbal or metalplate...) :rolleyes:

...in the Lego Indy game, the "Water Insert" is better sounding as your DVD Rip! I work with the Lego file !

Guys, great work! I've updated the main post with the links to shook's Entrance Of The Boy King and The First Supper

The First Supper is really interesting to listen to all the detail that is lost in the film mix

Shocked News ! :o

I have finished the 8m2 "MolaRam Speech" Cue ( with complete choir!! :cool: )

I use the US Rip with the correct time pitch ! The cue runs in the Movie 2:39 Min. !!

With my software i can create the Notation with time signature ( 4/4 over 12/8 over 6/8 and so on and so on... )and I work with this simultan to the cue sheet version !

My version is completly different about the time pitch over the complete cue !!

It is possibility, that Williams recorded a different version ?? ;)

It is possibility, that the cue is edited from the Cutter ?? :)

Or both ? :P

I think the movie version is massiv edited... the beginning with the male choir part is in the movie much longer! The percussions are complete different ( My version is not so " mighty " ) :rolleyes:

and the male choir at the end with " HUH - JAI " is slower... :blink:

Okay here we are :

8m2 Mola Ram Speech

Have fun ! :)

I didn't know the indy game had the water insert otherwise I would have used that as a comparison.

I'll fix the brass and send it back

EDIT EDIT:

So I've gone back and redone a bunch of things. I re-wrote all the horn lines because I couldn't use what you sent me, sorry ;) It looks like you're playing live and it's notating it... but that makes it soo much more difficult for me to change.

What I found were a lot of weird issues with the conductors score.

Some parts were just off by what looks like a whole step... others by a third... it was really odd. Comparing it to the Lego music I was able to fix it (as much as I can I think).

So for the most part, the trumpet line was off by a half step which, the horn was off by a third, the trombone and tuba were spot on.

Here are the midis:

midis.rar

Here's a mock up of the horns now:

horns mix

And maybe this will help too:

speech

EDIT EDIT EDIT:

As for Molorams speech, it seems like you got it almost exactly except that percussive part has some repeats of measures that you didn't get... but past that it seems right... at least as far as I can tell. You didn't speed up near the end like it does but eh... Its hard to follow your version because the mixing is so different. the winds aren't as prevalent as they are in the film.

Also worth note, the timpani is glissando, not being hit harder... it means that someone is rolling on it with the soft mallets and changing the pitch at the same time.

But all in all good job!

Really nice find, Jason! It should help to breakdown all the temple/ceremony cues.

Williams' own cue titles sometimes are very funny ("High Life in Hong Kong", haha).

..like "The Immolation Scene"-The Towering Inferno, or "Is It A Bird?"-Star Wars, "Flying Arabs"(I'll let people figure that one out on their own) or "The Dual"-The Phantom Menace.

Okay...

Thanks for the fixed midis... they works great !! Back in the complete Orchestra ensamble the Brass works perfectly !! ;)

Here is the result:

Water! Insert Fixed Version

About the Speech cue...

The Timpani has gliss... absolutly right !

The small drum roll at Bar 2-3 is a Bass Drum...not the Timpani... the Timpani gliss runs from Bar 1 - 16...

In the Movie you can`t hear it !

About the percussion part...I work with Logs ( small wooden blocks...) Tablas, diverse Bongos and the Bass Drum and Metal pipe ( this metal pipe sound is not in the movie version...)

the movie takt and the rhythm ( beat )and the soundpicture of that percussions are never from the cue sheet that I use... :)

I can send you my percussion midis and you can try and pimp it... ;)

The climax of the cue is to slow... the choirs has no power... :(

I will use different speeding versions with the ending in the next days...

hmm... it sounds a bit wishy washy... but the tempo is okay !( let`s hope that in the next lego game the music is cleaner...)

I try today a little tempo variations with the " beginning" of molaram speech! Williams wrote 6 chimes from bar 1 to bar 11 ...in the movie

the chime sound runs from the first to the sixth ca 35 seconds !!

My version mixed at the complete runtime for 2:39 min.( About the movie )

The chimes section runs only 27 seconds !

I make my mock up slower... ( chime is ready of 36 sec. ) but it runs yet complete 3:36 Min. :D

The ending is damn sloooower at before the fix.. and befor the fix the ending was slow ! :lol:

What is happen ??

Many of my mockups are correct in the complete time from the beginning up to the end... :blink:

In the cue sheet are not time changes !?

I have the Evil Potion cue in work and the time problem is the same !( but it`s possible that the cue contains unused music... )

Here are the percussion midis from the speech track

I hope anyone can use it and make a good film version ( the midis are in the correct notation like the cue sheet from williams )

Percussion midis

Greetings

Chris