Giacchino Conducting the Oscars

Lurker

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very nice. A bit odd, but very nice. Being one of those strage people who genuinely enjoys the Oscar telecast, I very much look forward to it.

He can't, but the academy does not know that yet.

Yes, he can!

He has conducted the Northwest Sinfonia during the Frontline sessions, a frenetic performance of The Incredibles with the LA Youth Orchestra and conducted portions of his Lost Symphony in Hawaii. There are probably more examples but he is fully qualified to do it.

As for not conducting during recording sessions... he likes the set up and his working relationship with Tim Simonec so there is no reason to change. They have been working that way (Tim conducts, Michael in the booth) since the beginning of their collaboration.

-Erik-

That's somewhat disappointing, I was keeping my fingers crossed for JW or Conti.

Yeah, it would be great to have Williams do it. Maybe some other time.

But this is pretty cool.

Giacchino deserves to conduct. He hasn't won an Oscar since Schindler's List, maybe this will bring him back into the Academy's eyes.

What?

ROTFLMAO

Cool news. No idea he could conduct. We'll see how it goes. When are the oscars next year?

I deleted what I wrote here for being in poor taste.

Is it possible that a single artist being nominated for two distinct entries in the same category is more of a detriment than an honor? If it's nominations you're after, than I guess not, but if you seek victory, then all that does is split your supporters into two camps, and allow a third party to win.

I'm not talking about the election of 1912, either. I still think FOTR deserved the win.

I deleted what I wrote here for being in poor taste.

Is it possible that a single artist being nominated for two distinct entries in the same category is more of a detriment than an honor? If it's nominations you're after, than I guess not, but if you seek victory, then all that does is split your supporters into two camps, and allow a third party to win.

I'm not talking about the election of 1912, either. I still think FOTR deserved the win.

Presumably Bareback Mountain won because the voters split between Memoirs (which Williams was actively endorsing), and Munich. (which Williams was not endorsing).

Giacchino deserves to conduct. He hasn't won an Oscar since Schindler's List, maybe this will bring him back into the Academy's eyes.

I'm as much a fan of Giacchino as the next fella, but that's just going too far. That'll probably end up on Wikipedia now.

:)