Interview with Bouzereau

Maestro

Only Raiders sounds completly different from the previous release, and I'm not talking about pitch...

Well, the sound is far clearer than the original 1981 album, but the mixes used are the same - or at least they're replicated. The DCC uses the film mixes.

Yes, it looks like the Concord used the source that was used to make the original 1981 release (Flight from Peru and Map Room: Dawn makes that much more clear). But I think that what was implied in Jason's summon of the FSM interview is that the original 24-track tape was used. So it was supposed to sound different not only from the DCC release, but from the original 1981 release.

Anyway, my point is that TOD and LC looks more like playlists combined (original album + unreleased stuff). How come they weren't fully remastered like Raiders? If the producers were lazy enough to do that, than we can't expect much from this set.

I don't want to sound like I'm just bitching all the time. I'm very very glad with what we have, but I've been so spoiled with how soundtrack releases are treated now-a-days that I'm sure much more could be done to make this set perfect, and somehow that opportunity was lost...

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They used 24 track tapes for Raiders? That's funny. It's sounds just like the original 1981 release, except for the pitch. But it sounds like it was the only one completely remastered.

ith TOD and LC, just the unreleased cues were remastered. All other are exactly the same as the previous albums...

Sorry, I should have specified better in my summary: He said that the OST masters were used, in addition to the additional sources i listed

HMMM... I got it.

But still, Raiders is the only one that sounds much different from previous releases. Meaning: it's the only one where they apparently dedicated all the "hard work" on.

Pity... ROTFLMAO

On page 4 of John's review, he mentions that JW has recently been playing two new concert arrangements at concerts - a new version of Irina's Theme, and a full concert arrangement of Marion's Theme, complete with a new bridge.

This is the first I've heard of this!!!! Did I miss a thread about these?

Marion's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4wVcgW3yQE

HMMM... I got it.

But still, Raiders is the only one that sounds much different from previous releases. Meaning: it's the only one where they apparently dedicated all the "hard work" on.

Hard work like not even calibrating their transferring equipment to the right speed.

On page 4 of John's review, he mentions that JW has recently been playing two new concert arrangements at concerts - a new version of Irina's Theme, and a full concert arrangement of Marion's Theme, complete with a new bridge.

Holy crap. That was gorgeous

HMMM... I got it.

Hard work like not even calibrating their transferring equipment to the right speed.

Yes... Concord's "hard work" is certanly not the same from FSM, Intrada...

Almost made me cry when I heard the live Internet broadcast. ROTFLMAO

The only thing I can't figure out now is, how the F did I miss this???????

Where's the thread that discusses this?

It's probably buried in one of the summer's Indy 4 threads.

I found it

http://jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=15892&st=0

Can't believe I never read that thread before

I really can't believe this concert was IN MY STATE and I didn't know about it.... especially since I just saw him in Boston in May!

Giving a close listening, makes me fill it's an "extended version" of the wedding scene in Indy 4...

Yea it starts out like the wedding but then goes off in a gorgeous new direction

Just found this on the main page too, dunno how I missed it

http://jwfan.com/index.php?option=com_cont...iew&id=1030

The part with the circus train first shown without score, then with score (including the 1m4/2m1x sweetener!) was pretty neat

didn't you get my PM? is your inbox full?

Can I have a PM as well please KM?

Which are those? Anything besides Marion's Theme and The Adventures of Mutt (the only two I have from that concert)?

There is a totally new arrangement of Irina's theme.

Puta Madre!

I put that into Google and look what I got:

"The word "Puta" has been filtered from the search because Google SafeSearch is active."

:)

;)

Which are those? Anything besides Marion's Theme and The Adventures of Mutt (the only two I have from that concert)?

There is a totally new arrangement of Irina's theme.

I was aware of that actually. But at one point we were waiting for someone to edit and upload their recording of the Internet broadcast of the concert. Just wondering if recordings besides those other two I mentioned had made it 'out there' yet.

And it looks like they have. :)

Irina's theme kind of got lost in the shuffle. It took me while to get it .Also, pete initially recorded Marion's Theme and Adventures of Mutt at the wrong bit rate so they sounded very compressed

KM, do you have the new concert version of Irina Theme as well? If you do, PM me. Thanks!

Thanks! I like the concert version of Irina's Theme a lot!

Not so sure about the new Marion's Theme yet, though.

Puta Madre!

"The word "Puta" has been filtered from the search because Google SafeSearch is active."

:)

;)

You know, that's what alonso Cuaron said when one fellow member asked him how was working with Williams on HP3, so it's not bad...

Kudos to Maestro and John Takis for their work in the recent FSM.

The interview pretty much establishes what I first thought, everything would be approved by Williams, Spielberg & Lucasfilm.

Going off subject for a moment, I really enjoyed the first 7 parts of the interview with Robert Townson of Varese. It was quite touching to view/hear the clip where he discusses working with Goldsmith and the friendship they developed.

I'm always touched when I hear about the beautiful relationship between the FSM crew and Goldsmith.

I think Bond was relieved that his interview with Williams came off so well... :baaa:

Puta Madre!

You know, that's what alonso Cuaron said when one fellow member asked him how was working with Williams on HP3, so it's not bad...

He actually said "a toda madre".

Old age is creeping in....... :lol:

he did the same poo on his peak.

AKA TOD OST

(wow acronyms...)

He was clearly limited to around a forty minute runtime (e.g. a single-sided LP) for the original Raiders and ToD albums.