Batman The Animated Series Vol. 1 by Shirley Walker and others coming from La-La Land Records

Ollie

Didn't see anyone mention these yet but.....

Anyone interested in the Batman TAS tracklisting & cover art check out these links

Cover Art

Tracklisting

J Moss

[edit]

Apparently the tracklisting it's also on the FSM message boards and a little easier to read as it's broken out by episode.

That tracklist looks good indeed. I'm glad that we mostly get CDs with as much music as possible from LaLaLand and similar labels. I hate CDs that only feature 35 minutes or so even though there is much more that could be released. One example is the music for SeaQuest DSV; I really enjoy the music by Debney (great main title!), but 30 minutes out of probably many hours of music is really pathetic.

Well, I'm really looking forward to Batman AS.... :lol:

01. Gotham City Overture 14:01

My oh my.

Yeah no kidding!

Yeah, what could this be? A suite of the character themes? Would be nice to get some Mad Hatter and Riddler in there as well.

I'm hoping for the Clayface/Matt Hagen themes to tide me over until "Feat of Clay" is released. :)

Terminator: SCC is a must for me. I love Bear McCreary's music. This will sit right next to the Battlestar soundtracks. I appreciate what Shirley Walker did on Batman, but I'm not a huge fan. I love the show, but I was never that enthused about the score. Good stuff, but not really something I NEED to have. If I happen to have the money lying around at the end of December, and I can get one for a decent price, then we'll see.

01. Gotham City Overture 14:01

My oh my.

Yeah no kidding!

Yeah, what could this be? A suite of the character themes? Would be nice to get some Mad Hatter and Riddler in there as well.

From "MV" at FSM:

The Gotham City Overture strings together various themes that Ms Walker wrote for the characters. It was something she had edited together some time ago and we came across it while going through her archives.

Also of note is the greatest thing to be released on plastic this year: MUSIC OF THE BAT 101 -- this piece runs a little over 6 minutes and features Ms Walker at the piano demonstrating the themes of Batman. The first time I heard it I cried. What a true artist and a beautiful person.

As for the episodes picked for this volume we, and everyone involved with the show and at WB, wanted this to be a tribute to Ms Walker and the genius of her work. We have detailed liner notes by Dan Schweiger that feature interviews with Bruce Timm, Lolita and Michael as well as separate liner notes by Danny Elfman, Paul Dini and Edward Gorodetsky.

It's a 20 page booklet chock full of insightful info and great anecdotes.

MV

You're just making this more and more tempting for me Jason.

http://store.lalalandrecords.com/limedcds.html

Start checking the above link around 11:00 am Pacific time. Sometime LaLaLand gets them up earlier than 12:00 pm Pacific. It will appear at the bottom of the page.

I don't think you will see any other links until the item is available. SAE might put it up sometime this morning but I'm not 100% sure.

Well since this is a popular title and I loved Batman The Animated Series when I was growing up I'll most likely pick up this title as I said through MovieMusic. It'll help get me into Shirley Walker's music. I agree it will probably sell out quick.

That's what I'm expecting too, lol

Unlike a lot of the limited edition releases these labels offer, Batman:TAS will have plenty of casual fans interested as well

I'll be attempting to order right at 3oclock

Cool, that's sounds right. I have my mother-in-law's credit card details at the ready, as this is one of my Christmas presents ;)

Not sure if it'll actually arrive before Christmas. Not sure how LLL's overseas shipping is...

Remember the first 100 copies will be autographed by the composers (Shirley Walker excluded), although it's sad that Mrs. Walker wasn't able to see her work released.

Finally got it, too. Hope I was quick enough to get an autographed copy... But great to have it anyway ;)

I panicked because the links at LLR weren't working yet, so I bought it at MovieMusic, so I won't get an autographed copy. That autographed copy is most valuable if it's unopened, and I'm after the music.

I kept getting a "page not found" from the link on the page posted earlier, so I went back to LLL's home page and clicked through from there.

I did panic for a second though. I wasn't sure how quickly this would go. Reminds me of the rush when Sideshow figures go up for pre-order.

Ordered, yay (decided it was too risky to add to the Christmas list). Looking back, this music was probably some of the first film/tv music I ever noticed; I remember walking around humming the Joker's theme as a kid.

Unless it's back to the future, I have a feeling it won't be something I'll want

Same with the upcoming Prometheus releases.

I hope

The Dec 16th won't be BTTF, that's been shot down already.

I panicked because the links at LLR weren't working yet, so I bought it at MovieMusic, so I won't get an autographed copy. That autographed copy is most valuable if it's unopened, and I'm after the music.

Actually LaLaLand sends two booklets. One with the jewel case and the autographed one seperate.

I'm tempted to buy Millennium as well; but I'm afraid that will have to wait (in other words, it will be gone by the time I decide to buy it...)

Thanks, Mark, I've never bought an autographed anything from LLR yet. Perhaps next time, now that I know not to panic so soon once links are posted. Now that it's had 30 minutes and still hasn't sold out, I can feel calmer next time about waiting the few extra seconds for the links to click into place.

Oh this probably will last at least a day or two, it will sell out but I'd be suprised if 3000 copies went in a day.

Just remember that the autographed copies are just for the first 100 copies purchased thru LaLaLand's site only.