Batman The Animated Series Vol. 1 by Shirley Walker and others coming from La-La Land Records

Ollie

It is Vosk.

A place I used to visit had a thread for name changes. Maybe we should have one?

Ah.

Yea we probably should. I just realized the other day that Quint was TheGreatEye.... had NO idea...

All this panic buying over obscure soundtrack titles. Looks like the credit crunch isn't dead in some places.

No, I disagree with you there. Some film music fans buy their cds with mommy and daddy's credit cards.

No, I disagree with you there. Some film music fans buy their cds with mommy and daddy's credit cards.

....or spend money they really, really, should be saving for other things.

Maybe I didn't mind so much paying for these today cause I made some good money at Foxwoods this weekend playing poker :dance:

All this panic buying over obscure soundtrack titles. Looks like the credit crunch isn't dead in some places.

Well, I decide very carefully when to do a "panic purchase," or when to buy CDs in general (and I think most people who took part in the run on Batman today do it the same way).

Maybe I didn't mind so much paying for these today cause I made some good money at Foxwoods this weekend playing poker :dance:

I made about $12 a couple of weeks ago at poker, which I spent on the cab home. Still, great game, and I had ridiculous luck that night. Fitting that I should get it in a game with only a symbolic entrance fee. :)

I would guess that film score fans generally make more money than fans of other music

I don't think so. How can you explain all those fans who get front row tickets to live concerts? Particularly the aging rock stars who continue to tour or have long awaited reunions decades past their prime, and ticket prices are through the absolute roof, like The Rolling Stones, The Police, Genesis, Van Halen, Jimmy Buffet, The Eagles, etc, all of whom who have toured in the past two years or so. I shelled out over $180 to sit the length of a hockey arena away from the stage when Genesis came to Pittsburgh last year, but since I was only 10 the last time they toured, it was damn near a once-in-a-lifetime event and thus worth it.

Collecting film scores can certainly get expensive, when you go all-out and try to get every single score by every one of your favorite artists, and when many of your finer collectibles are not available in mainstream venues. But I would think the cost of tickets for live performances -- rock, country, classical, and yes, even live soundtrack artist performances -- push the envelope so much more.

I edited the first paragraph above, so CB's quote below is indicative of an alternate past timeline, little dudes. I know. Whoa.

I would guess that film score fans generally make more money than fans of other music

I don't think so. How can you explain the hardcore roadies who get front row tickets to live concerts?

Roadies carry the band's gear, dude.

This is a repost from the FSM board. If somebody is wondering if their order included an autograph, here was the responses from La La Land Records.

To be honest I do not have all the order number info in yet. It's crazy around here. I will say that if you ordered Batman by 12:45 you got an autograph and if you ordered Millennium by 12:55 you got an autograph.

Congrats.

This is a repost from the FSM board. If somebody is wondering if their order included an autograph, here was the responses from La La Land Records.
To be honest I do not have all the order number info in yet. It's crazy around here. I will say that if you ordered Batman by 12:45 you got an autograph and if you ordered Millennium by 12:55 you got an autograph.

Congrats.

Ah, thanks for the info. Good news for me.

I've ordered Millennium and How to Steal a Million at Intrada. Though I would have been in time if I ordered at LaLaLand, I figured I already had a Mark Snow signature on a CD so didn't need another one per se.

It is good, and I'm not a big Batman fan. I wasn't even that wild about Batman Begins. It's the superb performances by Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart that push it over the top, and the main reason it'll be the only Batman movie I'll be getting on DVD.

It is good, and I'm not a big Batman fan. I wasn't even that wild about Batman Begins. It's the superb performances by Heath Ledger and Aaron Eckhart that push it over the top, and the main reason it'll be the only Batman movie I'll be getting on DVD.

Have you not seen the original 1989 Batman with Micheal Keaton and Jack Nicholson?

Of course. I've just never bought it on DVD. I caught some on TV this past summer and wasn't very impressed with it.

The only Batman movie I've really liked other than TDK was the Adam West era movie.

Of course. I've just never bought it on DVD. I caught some on TV this past summer and wasn't very impressed with it.

The only Batman movie I've really liked other than TDK was the Adam West era movie.

I enjoyed it too, but I was maybe 8 when I watched it last. So I guess I might have a different opinion today... ;)

Ordered Batman. Better than a crappy complete TDK score.

Probably, but don't diss the complete scores man.

Oh, there's no probably about it. :devil:

Dunno, haven't seen the movie. Any good?

You haven't seen The Dark Knight? You gotta see it, it's definitely the best Batman movie.

Hmm...I don't know if I can quite say that--it's extremely close. The top three are easily Mask of the Phantasm, Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight, but I find it terribly hard to order them. Begins was just such a great movie with some classic Batman stuff, TDK has the great performances and such, and MOTP...well, I almost want to put it at the top because it had a good story and they nailed the characters. I don't know. These are clearly the top three, though, no doubt in my mind about that.

Have you seen Mask of the Phantasm?

Just read on the FSM forum that the Batman TAS series discs have come in early and anyone who ordered from La La Land have started shipping early... but those of us who got signed copies have to wait till their signed liner notes arrive.

Link to FSM

J Moss

I vote when people here start receiving the sets we start a new thread to discuss them. People will never find this thread when searching for "Batman" later on