Harry Potter DVD only $9.97

JoeinAR

at my local CompUSA store. I will 2 copies. One for me and one for my sister. Man, what a bargain.

Joe, who cannot wait to buy his favorite fantasy film of 2001.

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can the DVD plays in Europe ?

If your player can play RC1 DVDs. If you don't know if it can, it is likely that it can't (though it may be possible to modify it).

Still, I wouldn't get Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone, even if the price of the decent version was ten times as high. :)

Marian - who has the Canadian release (with "Philosopher").

I hope it's that cheap everywhere. If that's the case, I'll forget holding off on buying it, and run to my local supermarket that already has both the video and DVD on display.

-Jason

Here is the link to CompUSA's national circular ad. It seems to be in store only.

http://www.compusa.com/AdProducts/pdf_menu.asp

It is the second picture from the bottom. The sale is from May 28-30.

-stewdog - hurry while supplies last ROTFL

I can't believe that the people who ordered it got it last week. I can't wait till tomorrow... hhhmmmm.... I wonder if they'll have a sale at midnight tonight at Tower Records....

Yes, I arrived at Comp USA this morning at 10:00am. There was the Harry Potter DVD for only 9.97. Not a bad price at all. Only one per customer allowed. So I dropped by my mom's and got her to go with me. I had her with me to buy a copy that I would give to my sister for her birthday. Of course I was going to buy myself a copy.

Then all hell broke loose. The crowd of potential buyers was filled with crazed moron. You would think this was some bad Arnold S. Christmas movie, but it wasn't. It was real. It was a madhouse. It WAS a ripoff.

While not advertised as such, CompUSA in Little Rock, only had Pan and Scan versions. Now this didn't seem to slow down the crowd as they snatched up copies left and right. Like some crazed drug addict, grabbing their fix, the crowd moved in unison, attacking the shelves. As I have mentioned, my mom is handicapped so we stoodback to avoid having someone bump into her. I made my way to the shelves hoping that there were some widescreen editions, but alas it was not to be.

So we paid 14.99 at Best Buy, without the crowd, and paid a few buck more and learned a valuable lesson. What lesson is that you ask. Given the opportunity people will sink to the lowest level of behavior and conduct when it comes to shopping.

Joe, who is still pleased with his Harry Potter DVD

The video was delivered to me on Saturday. The box was even marked in big letters:

Postmaster: For Delivery on May 28th. LOL

I've watched it several times and enjoy it more with each viewing. I want the The Chamber of Secrets to be released now!

Sorry to hear/read it, Joe. I'm glad you got a widescreen and not a pan & scan. I DETEST pan & scan.

Director - who got his DVD from a friend a few days ago