Sign in to follow this  
nicholas

Philippe Rombi

I watched a DVD of "Under the Sand" ("Sous la Sable") last week and was very impressed by the score. It was by a composer I'd never come across before, Philippe Rombi. He seems to have scored quite a few films, mostly French, and he often works in collaboration with director Francois Ozon. Does anyone have any experience of his music? any recommendations?

John Williams scores are so few and far between these days I feel like its time I found another composer to bore people rigid about...

I'm listening to ANGEL right now as my first Philippe Rombi score. So far, it's gorgeous. Any other fans here of this score or its composer? Really looking forward to delving into more of his work after this.

Exhibit A:

I discovered him a few years ago and have love most of his scores that I've heard.  A few personal favorites are:

Bienvenue chez les Ch'tis - The film is hysterical and the music fits it quite well.

La Nouvelle Guerre Des Boutons - This was the film that introduced me to this composer.  Great orchestral score with melodic themes.

I also have both of his Asterix scores and enjoy them.  A lot of themes, very cartoonesque but fun nonetheless.  There are a few that don't resonate with me but I always check out a new score when I hear his name attached.