JW TV music?

ConnieR.

I read in a book about TV themes that John Williams wrote the music for some TV episodes before he got famous as a film composer. They mentioned in particular some episodes from Wagon Train and Tales of Wells Fargo. Is there any way to find out what episodes they were, and if he got credited for them? I am a fan of the old Western TV shows, and it would be neat to watch episodes that JW wrote the music for. Thanks.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to IMDb the Wagon Train episode was called "The Kitty Pryer Story" - Season 7, Episode 10.

It does credit JW with writing for The Tales Of Wells Fargo, but in unknown episodes. As far as I know, no-one else here knows either (I think we have had this conversation before but many, many moons ago)....

Your task, should you choose to accept it, is to find out!

Happy Hunting :(

I read in a book about TV themes that John Williams wrote the music for some TV episodes before he got famous as a film composer. They mentioned in particular some episodes from Wagon Train and Tales of Wells Fargo. Is there any way to find out what episodes they were, and if he got credited for them? I am a fan of the old Western TV shows, and it would be neat to watch episodes that JW wrote the music for. Thanks.

he also did work for Lost In Space which produced 2 of the greatest television themes of all time, Gilligan's Island, Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants. He did some great stuff.

Unlike everyone else here I was turned on to JW by Lost In Space.

I wasn't, but I've got a friend who was.

Somehow, despite being a bit of a nut for sci-fi television, I've never seen an episode of Lost In Space. It'll happen someday, though.

At some point, I hope Williams' early television work gets more light shed on it. If any of it is as good as the Irwin Allen scores he wrote, then it'll be worth my money.

I wasn't, but I've got a friend who was.

Somehow, despite being a bit of a nut for sci-fi television, I've never seen an episode of Lost In Space. It'll happen someday, though.

At some point, I hope Williams' early television work gets more light shed on it. If any of it is as good as the Irwin Allen scores he wrote, then it'll be worth my money.

Amazing, its often a terrible show, but I still love it.

dont know if you've noticed my signature, but Lost In Space was always more popular than Star Trek in their original runs.

Well ,for Lost in Space I'm not talking only about the 2 themes,but the 4 episode scores he wrote is probably his greatest pre-Jaws work for me.

It is good stuff, but so is his stuff for Land of the Giants and Time Tunnel, I always thought Alfred Newman Airplane was "inspired" by JW's tv work for LOTG.

There's always this CD:

http://www.amazon.com/Lost-Space-40th-Anni...8813&sr=8-2

I actually did check imdb.com, but I missed the Wagon Train ep. Tales of Wells Fargo must be a lost TV show or something, nobody has much info on it and I can't even find any episodes on VHS or DVD. I wish there was a fan forum or something for it so I could find out more. Several of my favorite actors guest-starred in different episodes, and I would like to watch the show.