OK, the year is almost over. Looking back now...

Josh500

Oh yeah, Michael Matessino mentioned over at FSM that we should start saving up money for 2009. :(

Now if that meant prquel scores made with the same love as the SEs....

That would be great hehe.

But if its a work from FSM...then its very unlikely as Lucasfilm would release it via sony or other big distributor...sadly

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't count on the Prequel scores. Sony still holds the rights for those so I doubt Intrada is gonna be able to do those unless Sony gives up the rights which I doubt they will.

The re-recording of El Cid was perfect right out of the gate. The Indy box set gets better the more tweaking you do to it.

But my best two purchases of 2008 have nothing to do with film music. The first was my car. The second, well...the best is yet to come.

Screw Indiana Jones.

The Blue Box has it beat by far.

star_trek_the_motion_picture1.jpg

Neil

Do you really have to use that ugly poster for making the statement.

It's a tie, the Indy set is better music but the Blue Box is a better boxset.

Excellent: Superman, Raiders, Temple of Doom

Good: Superman IV, Last Crusade

Mediocre: Superman II, Superman III, Crystal Skull

The re-recording of El Cid was perfect right out of the gate.

Oops forgot that one. An outstanding release.

But if its a work from FSM...then its very unlikely as Lucasfilm would release it via sony or other big distributor...sadly

He wasn't referring to just FSM, he meant all the labels. Intrada has mentioned some big stuff coming as well.

Screw Indiana Jones.

The Blue Box has it beat by far.

star_trek_the_motion_picture1.jpg

Neil

Do you really have to use that ugly poster for making the statement.

A) It's not an "ugly poster".

B) Yes.

Neil

There's a difference between floating heads and using portraits in a great composition.

Some might say the posters in your signature are floating heads. I'd disagree, but the TMP portraits are no more floating heads than the SW SE ones.

There's a difference between floating heads and using portraits in a great composition.

Some might say the posters in your signature are floating heads. I'd disagree, but the TMP portraits are no more floating heads than the SW SE ones.

You didnt read my irony...

I was just stating that all persons that do not like Struzan have an issue with floating heads.

Neil doesnt like struzan and floating heads.

Yet he loves Bob peak, who used floating heads several times.

But with barely any closeness to the actual actors-characters... :)

Neil doesnt like struzan and floating heads.

If you think that's why I don't like modern Struzan you'd be incorrect. I'm not even sure I've ever even used the term "floating heads". So please stop nit-picking my posts and looking for things to debate when there's nothing there.

Neil

For me this year... The Indy box set brought me out of semi film score collecting retirement (Oh I'm back with a vengeance now!)

Still can't decide on getting the Blue box... I got the chance to listen to it and I'm not sure if Superman IV and the better quality of Superman The movie is enough (I know it sounds better but the recording wasn't all that great to begin with.) to shell out $120 US... Although I didn't get to see the book.... Anyway I'm still on the fence here so who knows.

J Moss

You will regret not getting the Blue Box later on when it goes out of print, especially when you have to pay double the price tag on ebay. I say get it now while you can. It seriously is worth owning.

Two big thumbs up for the blue box. I was pleasantly surprised how much fun Superman III is, in addition to of course the awesomeness of Superman I and IV