Do you like the new rendition of the Raiders March for Mutt?

Luke Skywalker

Do you like the new rendition of the Raiders March for Mutt?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What are your reasons?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it. When I first heard the rendition at the end of the credits, I was really pleased that Williams had seemingly been inspired enough to write a whole new variation on the familiar march, rather than just rehashing it.

I love it . I think Williams should have pushed it even more and written an entire new Raiders March concert version around that new theme ,not just a new ending. That is actually my big disappointment

Are we talking just about the last minute or so of the end credits? Who says that has anything to do with Mutt?

It's heard when Mutt is swinging with the monkeys, so most people associate it with Mutt. I think there's another rendition not on the OST when they're at Orellana's grave and Indy takes the big knife.

I like to hear the inverted intervals of the Raiders theme. Williams said that when he was originally composing indy's theme he inverted notes to get it right, so maybe for Mutt he used one of the same inversions he was working with before the final one. It is nice he did a counterpoint with the sidekick's music, just like with Short Round's theme at the end credits of Temple of Doom.

I think its nice and fresh, just for some change. We have already very nice renditions of the classic version. One more would not add anything to the musical palette of Indiana Jones.