JWFan Thematic Tournament, Preliminary

John Crichton

For the 12th seed:  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite

• Slave Children's theme (Temple of Doom)
    • Love Theme from Superman

To break the tie for 12th. The winner will move on to the final bracket.

This'll be a quickie, only open for about 48 hours. I'll close it and start the tournament Sunday night (my time).

EDIT- The poll is now closed.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted for "Slave Children's Theme" from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom ( I never listened to a note of "Superman" outside of the theme), are you happy? The "Orca Theme" never had a chance! Farewell and Adieu....

Slave Children's, definitely. I think it's one of the few Williams' themes that worked perfectly for scenes that are both dramatic (villagers asking for help, children being whipped) and heroic (children being saved, Indy at the bridge getting the stone back).

The Superman Love theme is great for what it is, but the March Of The Slave Children is spectacular. Like phbart very nicely summarized, it can be used in many different ways and be effective in them all.

And the concert arrangement on "The Spielberg / Williams Collaboration" is bloody awesome

And the concert arrangement on "The Spielberg / Williams Collaboration" is bloody awesome

:P

Love theme from Superman: The Movie easily. Acyually, nothing in TOD can compare to anything from Superman.

Karol

So, Slave Children's Crusade can't even compare with, say, March of the Villains?

I do like March of the Villains quite a bit. The concert version in particular.

Karol

Of course, you're entitled to your opinion. But you did write that NOTHING in Temple of Doom could compare with ANYTHING from Superman: The Movie.

Pretty serious charges there. :P

"Love Theme from Superman".

Ask this question a year after the Indy box has been out and it wouldn't even be a contest.

Neil - fully prepared for Joey's response to this thread

Who hasn't heard the love theme from Superman!? It's required listening for any JW aficionado!

In fact, I'm starting to think that perhaps Neil is right, and I should change my vote...

Didn't you marry a mass murderer?

But he is the chosen one!

His hands are dirty.

As the humor, mind and acting of most of jwfan.net members is!

You could be a little nicer, though. Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think they're all right.

Didn't you marry a mass murderer?

But he is the chosen one!

His hands are dirty.

As the humor, mind and acting of most of jwfan.net members is!

You could be a little nicer, though. Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think they're all right.

Only if you can pry the declaration on which is written that I find the jwfan.net members to be all right, from my cold dead hands!!

No actually I like 3 here, and think highly of them but 2 of them don't post here anymore

Only if you can pry the declaration on which is written that I find the jwfan.net members to be all right, from my cold dead hands!!

No actually I like 3 here, and think highly of them but 2 of them don't post here anymore

I don't know whether to congratulate them or not, Missy.

I don't know whether to congratulate them or not, Missy.

who cares?

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love.

There's nothing you can do that can't be done.

Nothing you can sing that can't be sung.

Nothing you can say but you can learn how to play the game

It's easy.

There's nothing you can make that can't be made.

No one you can save that can't be saved.

Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be in time

It's easy.

All you need is love, all you need is love,

All you need is love, love, love is all you need.

Love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love, love... theme from Superman.

Naturally I voted for the Love Theme, its hard to think of a single greater piece of music ever written by John Williams. Yes Slave Children is brilliant, and one of his top 10 themes but it lacks the grace, the nobility, the sheer beauty that is the Love Theme from Superman. To bad so many here are clueless. I've always said that so many of the people here are morons, and this travesty of a poll shows once again the immense stupidity of those posters. In no way am I surprised, saddened perhaps but not surprised.

Naturally I voted for the Love Theme, its hard to think of a single greater piece of music ever written by John Williams. Yes Slave Children is brilliant, and one of his top 10 themes but it lacks the grace, the nobility, the sheer beauty that is the Love Theme from Superman. To bad so many here are clueless. I've always said that so many of the people here are morons, and this travesty of a poll shows once again the immense stupidity of those posters. In no way am I surprised, saddened perhaps but not surprised.

Beautifully put, my dear friend.