JWFan Thematic Tournament, Preliminary

John Crichton

For the 12th seed:  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite

• Slave Children's theme (Temple of Doom)
    • Love Theme from Superman

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never listened to a note of "Superman" outside of the theme

You must fix this, now.

I know, I know. I still need to raise 70 more dollars until I can buy the Blue Box.

Naturally I voted for the Love Theme, its hard to think of a single greater piece of music ever written by John Williams. Yes Slave Children is brilliant, and one of his top 10 themes but it lacks the grace, the nobility, the sheer beauty that is the Love Theme from Superman. To bad so many here are clueless. I've always said that so many of the people here are morons, and this travesty of a poll shows once again the immense stupidity of those posters. In no way am I surprised, saddened perhaps but not surprised.

Beautifully put, my dear friend.

What, how he insults everyone here who voted for "Slave Chidren's Theme"?

No, you cannot now buy the Rhino version, I'm sorry.

Because if you buy that, someday you are going to run into someone who has the Blue Box and you'll feel small and inadequate and you will have to kill yourself. - Jeremy Clarkson

Is the Rhino version availably cheap anywhere?

Because paying quite a bit of money for it if you know you're going to replace it with the Blue Box down the line might be a bit of a waste.

Then again, if you're only interested in Superman: The Movie, you might as well just go for the Rhino.

- Marc, who's actually dug out his Blue Box again and has been listening to it for most of the day.

:lol: Ken Thorne - Superman Pulls Big Switch/Superman Triumphs Over Villains

Naturally I voted for the Love Theme, its hard to think of a single greater piece of music ever written by John Williams. Yes Slave Children is brilliant, and one of his top 10 themes but it lacks the grace, the nobility, the sheer beauty that is the Love Theme from Superman. To bad so many here are clueless. I've always said that so many of the people here are morons, and this travesty of a poll shows once again the immense stupidity of those posters. In no way am I surprised, saddened perhaps but not surprised.

Now that's the post I was waiting for!

Neil

Spoken like a true romantic. Bravo!

I'll leave this open about 2 more hours (approx. when the Cowboys game is over) for any last second votes.

It's already over.

It was a while ago. And with no new votes, so is this poll. Love Theme from Superman wins!

And the tournament will begin...

Whoa...people really seem to value Joey's opinion...

sometimes opinion and truth are the same, as in this case. Personally I'm shocked but pleased that good sense and taste won out.

once again Indy 4 you don't get it, typical. Against most any other track I'd have probably sided with Slave Children, but never against his greatest piece ever.

Everybody is entitled to have an opinion, but you can't impose your opinion to others or criticize who doesn't agree with you...

The Love Theme works only as a love theme, and it's not "his greatest piece ever...".

Slave Children's Crusade also isn't "his greatest piece ever", but worked well in many kinds of scenes. It's much more dynamic and flexible...

Also, how can you vote for a love theme against and action/adventure theme? They're intended for very different scenes. But, once again, Williams managed to get the Slave Children's theme and make perfect variations. It worked perfectly as action/adventure music and slow music...

Indeed it IS false logic. In more ways than one.

I was actually joking there, though still think that Parade of the Slave Children is a better track than the love theme from Superman.

But, as per usual, that is a personal preference, tainted by my very much liking Indiana Jones and never caring too much about Superman in the first place.