JWFan Thematic Tournament- Round 1-2

John Crichton

Round 1- #6 vs. #11  

51 members have voted

1. 1. Choose your favorite:

• Star Wars main theme/Luke Skywalker's theme
    • The Ark Theme

Star_Wars_Main.png vs. Ark.png

The iconic Star Wars main title takes on one of Williams' most powerful creations, Indy's first MacGuffin.

1st round polls will be open for 5 days, with voting ending on Friday evening (my time).

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ark theme has some terrific renditions (primarily Map Room and Government Agents), but much of that is due to the arrangements, the theme doesn't do that much "on its own". The SW main theme, on the other hand, is a classic even just considering the melody alone.

Star Wars. Again not just for the Main Titles performances,but the various variations including the B section in Throne Room. My favourite is the unused trumpet/string version when Han enters Echo Base!

Star Wars main theme/Luke Skywalker's theme.

Not to knock the Ark theme or anything (it's great), but I personally prefer the Grail theme.

Star Wars. Again not just for the Main Titles performances,but the various variations including the B section in Throne Room. My favourite is the unused trumpet/string version when Han enters Echo Base!

Star Wars main theme for me too!

30 seconds into Yoda and the Force for example, incredible!

I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for the Ark Theme. This is the only poll I'm loosing in so far, but it is my favorite theme out of the ones we've polled so far.

I know I'm in the minority, but I chose Star Wars

As a little boy, so many years ago, my imagination was captured when I first watched Star Wars on my Uncle's Laserdisc player.

John Williams' Main Titles were forever burned into my mind when they exploded onto the 27'' screen. I've never forgotten how powerful that music is.

I can't believe I'm the only one who voted for the Ark Theme.

I could believe that. Indiana Jones can do no wrong as far as you are concerned.

Neil

Nah. I voted for "Love Theme from Superman" in the poll against the ToD theme, and I voted for "Asteroid Field" when it was pitted against "Desert Chase."