Who actually liked Indy 4 the film.

HPFAN_2

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Film  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the film?

• Yes
    • No

Feel free to close this thread and point me in the right direction if this thread has already been done.

I've been noticing something interesting. Now that the film is released and on dvd people have been getting a little more concrete in their opinion of Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. Some critics lists it as one of the greatest disappointments of 2008. I just wanted hard data of who on this site actually enjoyed the film and would rank it among the original trilogy. You can discuss the issue if you want but I'm not willing to enable that kind of behavior because knowing all of you this issue probably has been discussed ad nauseum. So just poll is all I ask for. Again if this exists somewhere else tell me.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to annoy you, I have voted both "Yes" and "No" in this poll. Because I can, that's why.

Also, because I don't really care that much about Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Rather Lengthy Title anyway.

Just to annoy you, I have voted both "Yes" and "No" in this poll. Because I can, that's why.

Gone mad with power. Just like that Albert Schweitzer guy.

Like others, I enjoyed it, but it has some things in it that keep it from feeling equal to the other three. (And I don't mean the fridge or the monkeys). I felt that Indy's command presence seemed diluted with all the other characters in the entourage in the third act.

I wonder how much better I'd enjoy it if Williams had delivered a home run score.

I wanted to, I really really wanted to, but ultimately, I failed. I do not like Indy IV. I'm not gonna pick out the few good points it has, because I wouldn't do that for any other bad film and Indy IV is no different to the endless supply of other summer turkeys out there. I don't owe the makers constructive criticism or anything else.

Spielberg TOTALLY f*cked it up.

I didn't find it nearly as flawed as people here said, either because it did or didn't follow the Indy formula. That's just a stupid way to judge it, and not everyone here judges it that way, but still...

I liked it better than the weirdness of Temple Of Doom, and I've never been a fan of The Last Crusade, so it's my second favorite Indy Movie.

So yes, I liked it a lot, and I do not nitpick, so I do not feel it was heavily flawed.

There is no need for a middle ground option, since the question is perfectly straightforward and answerable. One either liked it or did not.

National Treasure 2 is not a good movie, but I liked it.

Yes this poll has been done but I'm not going to look for the original thread. ;)

No I did not like it. It was an insult to the first three films. I can't believe it took them 10+ years of "yes were going to do it, no we're not" to get this film going and this was the best idea/script they could come up with.

The third act is weak, weak, weak. I didn't love Darabont's draft, but at least at this point in the script that whole resolution connected somehow to the growth of Indy character. When he had to decide what matters to him most. It was cheesy as hell, but at least it was about something. The finale in the film is ...just there.

Karol

Is there an Indy formula?

What I didn't like is some of the lazy writing.

Lazy performances, villain I laughed at, reliance on CG, completely redundant scenes (model town and nuclear explosion), ending I didn't care about to a fairly boring story.

Those are my KotCS complaints in a nutshell. None of those apply to the original trilogy.

Liking it and ranking it among the original trilogy are two different things.

I like the film, but it's far from being as good as the other ones are.

I appreciate it for being another adventure movie with Indiana Jones,

but it's hardly another Indiana Jones movie to me.

I like it though.

That doesnt sound that bad. ;)

completely redundant scenes (model town and nuclear explosion).

I liked these, actually. Even if they are only in the film to establish the 50's setting.

Karol

Films can't hurt you Neil!

A women's nine inch heel in your groin can!

KOCS is the cinematic equivalent of a woman's nine inch heel to the groin.

Neil

No. That would be later Star Wars episodes. Sorry, I mean the FIRST SW episodes.