Jurassic Park Score

Luke Skywalker

I'm depressed. Just saw the movie today. I paid a lot of attention in the unreleased music.

IT IS SO GOOD! I love it and a lot of action cues were dropped from the OST, like Nedry on the car or the T-Rex car chase. Plus the underscore parts are also very good. Now i know why Davis used the theme for the Spinosaurus too much- it appears a lot in JP. Also there are many orchestrations of the main theme.

Anybody has the complete score without voice and sound? :P

Do you thin they will release it next year with the 10th annyversary, or in 2004 with the release of the last JP movie?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably Spielberg will release a "CGI enhanced" version of the already CGI dinosaurs, and remove the guns, because you shouldn't fire to animals in danger of extinction.

He will also remove the line in which the girl says: "Unix, I know this system", because that was just gross.

Probably Spielberg will release a "CGI enhanced" version of the already CGI dinosaurs, and remove the guns, because you shouldn't fire to animals in danger of extinction.

He will also remove the line in which the girl says: "Unix, I know this system", because that was just gross.

:nono:

Really the CGI is very good (it could be improved). But it is ages better than the puppets. It sadness me a lot that shy T-Rex. He was trembling thoughout all the scene LOL

No dinosaur is killed with guns in ANY JP movie. only one is shooted and well, grant didnt had a good aim. I fear that JPIV envolves some military massacre with the poor dinos.

Luke, you should be german, at least you do have their sense of humor. It was meant as a joke.

I did notice the track that didn't make it to the CD. There are also tracks in the CDs that didn't make it to the movie, like the beautiful melody for the brachisaurus, and The Hunt in Lost World. It escapes me why.

CharlesK - who loves the CGI work done for ET and the new scene and watches it with the Williams' Live soundtrack

The guns were called for, it all added to that sense of government conspiracy and that whole feeling that ultimately leads to the X-files.

The whole paranoia that E.T. is dangerous, and the governments reactions when they find out that E.T. and Elliott are telepathically linked. It remenicant of the 50's alien films too. Before the guns were removed E.T. sat dead in the middle of a circular pattern of 50's paranoia to 90's paranoia. With that brief period in between where the novel idea is that they are not hostile. That brief leap of faith gave us films like Close Encounters, E.T., Starman, and Coccoon. The other side of the coin gave us ID4, the Thing, Alien, It came from Outer Space, and others.

Luke, you should be german, at least you do have their sense of humor. It was meant as a joke.

I did notice the track that didn't make it to the CD. There are also tracks in the CDs that didn't make it to the movie, like the beautiful melody for the brachisaurus, and The Hunt in Lost World. It escapes me why.

CharlesK - who loves the CGI work done for ET and the new scene and watches it with the Williams' Live soundtrack

Sorry i misunderstood. I thought you were one of the ones who find the ET changes bad.

:biglaugh: LOL :nono: LOL :biglaugh:

Maybe she was simply stating her understanding of an obsolete socio-political enclave....

- Uni

:biglaugh: LOL :nono: LOL :biglaugh:

Maybe she was simply stating her understanding of an obsolete socio-political enclave....

- Uni

Hey do you have something to do with that program? LOL

A Jurassic Park 2 cd edition should really be released.

Besides the already given examples, I also love the music when they're digging the Velociraptor and when Genaro visits the mines.

A Jurassic Park 2 cd edition should really be released.

Besides the already given examples, I also love the music when they're digging the Velociraptor and when Genaro visits the mines.

YES!!!!!!! the music in those exposition scenes is utterly spectacular.

Ted, who wished the cd conatined these segments of great music from the film instead of repeating entire sections

The other side of the coin gave us ID4, the Thing, Alien, It came from Outer Space, and others.

You make a good point, Joe.

I don't mean to nitpick (ok, maybe I do) but the aliens in It Came from Outer Space fall somewhere in the middle, neither completely malevolent nor completely benevolent. Although they do their fair share of bodysnatching, their primary motive in the movie is to repair their spaceship so that they can return home. The character played by Richard Carlson spends much of the second half of the film trying to persuade the townsfolk to leave the aliens alone.

Perhaps the earliest example of the benevolent alien is in the great The Day the Earth Stood Still. But I digress.

Damien

I did notice the track that didn't make it to the CD. There are also tracks in the CDs that didn't make it to the movie, ..., and The Hunt in Lost World. It escapes me why.

yeah,especially since it's the best track on the c.d.

K.M.

Yeah, the End Credits track is exactly the same as the final 3 minutes in Welcome To Jurassic Park.

If they trimmed the repetitions in the current album,I think the whole JP score would fit on one c.d..There's only about 12 or so of unreleased music.

K.M.

P.S.,I like the chorus bit as they discover an amber piece with a mosquito inside,and the lighthearted version of the helicopter fanfare when the kids get into the Jeeps to visit the park.

i agree, K.M. i think that the richness in this score of this score is in that unreleased material. i think "The Hatching of the Baby Raptor" is a the kind of cue that makes this score as great as it is. and there are a lot of cues in the underscore like this one that were left off the cd, and it bothers me. also, the music in the Mr. DNA scene is fantastic!

Ted

JP is one of those albums that needs to get expanded and re-sequenced someday...

The album as it is now suffers from redundancy, i.e., the concertized tracks of "Theme from Jurassic Park" and "End Titles -- material that largely compromises two major cues, "Journey to the Island" and "Welcome to Jurassic Park" (the actual end titles). Now why the latter is called that, doesn't make sense, since everyone is leaving the place.

Right now, I think my favorite unreleased track is the brief cue that comes right before the end credits. It nicely underscores Hammond's reflections and regrets about the danger he unleashed by tampering with nature.

There was a little inside joke in the film concerning the "Mr. DNA" sequence, where Hammond dutifully mentions the light hearted music being heard was just a temporary score, and that a more rousing march would be eventually added in.

JP is one of those albums that  needs to get expanded and re-sequenced someday...

The album as it is now suffers from redundancy, i.e., the concertized tracks of "Theme from Jurassic Park" and "End Titles -- material that largely compromises two major cues, "Journey to the Island" and "Welcome to Jurassic Park" (the actual end titles).  Now why the latter is called that, doesn't make sense, since everyone is  leaving the place.  

that a good way to put it. LOL .but seriously,the intro music to "Theme from Jurassic Park" is great and too bad Williams didn't find a way to place it somewhere in the actual movie score.

K.M.

JP is one of those albums that  needs to get expanded and re-sequenced someday...

The album as it is now suffers from redundancy, i.e., the concertized tracks of "Theme from Jurassic Park" and "End Titles -- material that largely compromises two major cues, "Journey to the Island" and "Welcome to Jurassic Park" (the actual end titles).  Now why the latter is called that, doesn't make sense, since everyone is  leaving the place.  

that a good way to put it. LOL .but seriously,the intro music to "Theme from Jurassic Park" is great and too bad Williams didn't find a way to place it somewhere in the actual movie score.

K.M.

The credits end with that, dont they?

DO you think an expanded release next year with the 10th anniversary or we'll have to wait 10 years more as wiht ET?