Star Trek: The Motion Picture

Pieter Boelen

Star Trek I: The Motion Picture (Jerry Goldsmith)  

49 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this score?

• 5 stars
    • 4,5 stars
    • 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 stars
    • I'm not familiar with this score

Beautiful, majestic music that gives me a real sense of wonder, but not in a cheap way. Few scores can actually do that.

5 stars.

Karol - who was introduced to this score very late and is somewhat ashamed of that.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Klingon Battle/Starfleet Arrival

Floating Office/The Enterprise

Leaving Drydock

Ilea's Theme

Spock's Arrival

The Meld

A Good Start

End Credits

These are my favourite cues

I soooooo wanted Starfleet Arrival ,Floating Office and A Good Start when we only had the short OST

This was an easy 5. The Main Title is so majestic... the horns, combined with the bells and chimes... perfect.

I'm really hoping we will one day see a complete release. Anyone want to venture a guess at the chances of that happening?

I would love to hear the music when the Enterprise successfully makes warp.

Is the recording of the Main Title in the movie different than on the OST? The first two percussion beats seem more pronounced in the film.

You mean this?

Is the recording of the Main Title in the movie different than on the OST? The first two percussion beats seem more pronounced in the film.

Yes. The 1979 original and 1983 "Special Longer Version" of the movie use a different take for the main titles than the album. The album is the take Jerry preferred. As there was little time to work on the film and the album, the take that Jerry preferred wound up on the album. For the 2001 Director's Edition, Jerry's preferred album take was used in the movie.

Neil

You mean this?

Yes. that's it!

Yes. The 1979 original and 1983 "Special Longer Version" of the movie use a different take for the main titles than the album. The album is the take Jerry preferred. As there was little time to work on the film and the album, the take that Jerry preferred wound up on the album. For the 2001 Director's Edition, Jerry's preferred album take was used in the movie.

I would love a nice clean copy of that different take on the Main Title, as well as that you tube track. I've been sort of out of the soundtrack game for the past few years, and have missed out on many of the good boots...

A 5 but lets face it this is Perfection. Anyone who says different is a f***ing fool. If that comes across as TROLLISH, crass, rude, so what.

If you cannot hear that this is one of the greatest scores of all time, then you need to listen to hip hop, or hounddogish country or Shania Twain.

Quint you idiot!

I gave it 4 out of 5 since its a bloody good score! That is very respectable, coming from someone who tends to avoid all things Star Trek. This thread reminds my why and all. Bunch of unconvincing zealots the lot of you!

I prefer the score to Gladiator. Lap that sh*t up suckers.

Glad you enjoyed Jerry's rejected score :P

Quint you idiot!

I gave it 4 out of 5 since its a bloody good score! That is very respectable, coming from someone who tends to avoid all things Star Trek. This thread reminds my why and all. Bunch of unconvincing zealots the lot of you!

you must have a tumor

A 5 but lets face it this is Perfection. Anyone who says different is a f***ing fool. If that comes across as TROLLISH, crass, rude, so what.

If you cannot hear that this is one of the greatest scores of all time, then you need to listen to hip hop, or hounddogish country or Shania Twain.

Then I'm clearly a fool.

I hope you don't talk like this in real life.

you must have a tumor

I really hope you don't talk like this in real life.

Then I'm clearly a fool.

I hope you don't talk like this in real life.

you must have a tumor

I really hope you don't talk like this in real life.

I really hope you don't breathe in real life. :P

you must have a tumor

Nah, I just disagree with the general consensus of this board, that's all. Do you feel like you have a tumour every time you disagree with people Joe?

You should get that looked at :P

quint's and richuk are obviously not.

course the real evil is the one who gave it 1.

still, thinking Gladiator is better, how ****ing stupid.

I don't even know what a "top" is.

Oh and I didn't say Gladiator is better. I said I personally prefer it. C'mon fella, hold your horses and take your time when reading.

Alzheimer's. It's a terrible thing.

quint's and richuk are obviously not.

course the real evil is the one who gave it 1.

still, thinking Gladiator is better, how ****ing stupid.

I don't like anything to do with Trek, Wars or Gate. Just doesn't appeal to me as a genre. Live with it.

I don't even know what a "top" is.

Gay slang.

There are people who consider themselves top, other's are bottoms, and then there are those who are versatile.

Ah, now it makes sense. See, I had to change my initial reply, because richuk changed his initial response, which read like this:

Anyone who disagrees with Joe inexplicably disappears

Bloody indecisiveness!

Oh and I consider myself a "versatile". Make of that what your twisted mind will.

Yeah, well... the point I'm making is people should be free to disagree with consensus if they want, without being told they're a f*****g idiot by Joey. I know it's all about discussion, but IMO that's just disrespectful and not needed.

I just don't really connect with Goldsmith's music for this genre. But I didn't give it the 1 :P

Quint you idiot!

you must have a tumor

Peter Griffin (to the tune of Rock me, Amadeus): "I'm a tumor I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor I'm a tumor I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor, I'm a tumor I'm a tumor, oh oh oh I'm a tumor. I'm a tumor I'm a tumor."

To be honest, I get off on Joey calling me a f*cking idiot. It gives me great pleasure. It turns me on.

Do you notice you are saying that after talking about tops and bottoms?

:lol:

Of course I do and I couldn't give a sh*t.

To be honest, I get off on Joey calling me a f***ing idiot. It gives me great pleasure. It turns me on.

Yeah but thanks to the ambiguity of the net I can't tell if he's just playing, or really is a fanboy.

Who cares either way? Joey is Joey. I accept his idiocy as a regular fixture of this board and I in fact find him quaint and endearing. As a kind hearted samaritan, I care for him as I would care for a lost puppy.

But if it sh*ts on my carpet I'll boot it up the arse.