Scrubs Season 8

Henry B

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch an episode from Season 1 and an episode from Season 7 back to back.

I'll admit I haven't tried that out, but let's not forget that the better part of 702 took place at night...

I was referring to Braff's transition from earnest actor to goofy camera mugger.

Oh, the other thing that really disappointed me in the past couple seasons was the humanization of Kelso. He went from being an evil bastard to being a lovable old geezer. He basically became friends with his employees. I guess that's why Elliot and Carla worked so hard to save his job, despite the fact that until that episode they hated Kelso. Ugh. Now that he's out of the hospital I don't see how they could restore his formidable demeanor.

The Office gets old very fast.

Not for me, it doesn't.

I didn't get 30 Rock. Saw the first few episodes...didn't find it particularly interesting. And Tracy Morgan is an opressive figure.

Agreed, 100%. Love The Office, cannot stand 30 Rock (though I absolutely love the Dickens out of Tina Fey, just can't get into her show...). When I see clips of 30 Rock, occasionally there is something amusing in there, usually something said by Alec Baldwin's character, but usually it all just falls flat. I also agree with you on Tracy Morgan, never liked him on SNL, don't like him on 30 Rock, annoyed by him at the Golden Globes.

Arrested Development is the greatest american television program ever produced. 53 episodes - and not a single moment that is spent not laughing. This show is absolutely perfect in every way. Am I over-selling it?

No, you're pretty much right on the money

I thought they were a nice bridge between the early episodes and the later, outlandish (though to me still enjoyable) episodes. I am glad JD and Elliot are giving their relationship a mature chance this time around and I think it'll work out between the characters. I've had a crush on Elliot since the very beginning.

Arrested Development is the greatest american television program ever produced. 53 episodes - and not a single moment that is spent not laughing. This show is absolutely perfect in every way. Am I over-selling it?

No, you're pretty much right on the money

I'd say that the British story-arc (over what, three episodes I think?) was the weakest part of the show, but even that had a lot of good laughs. AD is by far the best comedy, can't wait for the movie.

OMG you're crazy. The 5 episode Charlize Theron arc is probably my favorite arc on the show!

MINE TOO! That was the greatest run of episodes I've ever seen!

(Anyone else who chimes in on this, no spoilers please.)

I thought they were a nice bridge between the early episodes and the later, outlandish (though to me still enjoyable) episodes. I am glad JD and Elliot are giving their relationship a mature chance this time around and I think it'll work out between the characters. I've had a crush on Elliot since the very beginning.

Mmhm, I'm liking it so far. By the way, did anyone know about the Scrubs "webisodes" on ABC.com featuring the new interns? I'm just watching them now. It's nice that these interns are really being developed, unlike past interns who just had one line gags. Oh, and seeing Ted's orientation speech warmed my heart.

Finally had time to watch last week's episodes. They were both very good!

Loved the bits with the girl that dresses like Elliot, the touchy-feely intern, Mickhead's sexual fetishes, JD singing the character leaving stinger out loud, the muffin tossing....

Didn't like seeing the Janitor out of work clothes and in HD.... Neil Flynn's getting wrinkly! :thumbup: LOVED Seeing that Elliot dream sequence in HD - holy COW, Elliot has NEVER been that hot on the show EVER..... amazing! Even Christa Miller didn't look bad this week... for the most part I dislike all the plastic surgery she's has since the Drew Carey show. Also didn't like how quickly/randomly they got rid of Courtney Cox's character. Seemed to happy pretty quickly.

No Turk in the first episode and no Carla in the second, so now everyone has sat out 1 episode except JD (nobody has sat out 2 episodes yet).

• 3 weeks later...
Even Christa Miller didn't look bad this week... for the most part I dislike all the plastic surgery she's has since the Drew Carey show.

No Turk in the first episode and no Carla in the second, so now everyone has sat out 2 episodes except JD (nobody has sat out 2 episodes yet).

She looks awful.

Turk was out of both episodes last night but it was nice that they focused on Ted for one episode and maybe he will have a love life now.

Well, it's interesting how the Kelso/Cox/J.D. paradigm is being shifted around. Maybe too abruptly, but it's very compelling. I like seeing Dr. Cox's struggle to deal with being chief. It's nothing like when he was the "interim Chief of Medicine" in Season 7. I'd say that the high caliber direction and editing is continuing. Everyone is still interacting organically and not just setting up punch lines.

I laughed at Dr. Cox's "never ever ever ever allowed in" list. Hooch!

But um, what's with Turk sitting out both of last night's episodes? That means he's been absent from three already. Although I'd sort of say Carla has too; she appeared in the second episode but only in a brief J.D. fantasy.

I just finished watching last night's episodes. I agree about Ted, all of the current events happening will most likely be cemented. Like, J.D. and Elliot aren't going to break up again.

As long as the Todd doesn't settle down and start a family.

Finally got caught up.... I was 4 episodes behind!

Jan 27th episodes:

I am liking JD and Elliot together, it seems right. I also really love Big Ed, that guy's funny. The storyline with Joe/Denise is good too. I will like seeing her slowly get less cold-hearted over the course of the season. Cox as the new Chief makes sense.... though I imagine Kelso will be back in that role eventually. The muppets were kinda random and didn't really work, I thought.

No Carla in the second episode means she's now the first to sit out 2 episodes. JD still hasn't missed any and the other 5 have all missed one.

Feb 4th episodes:

The music number in the beginning of ep7 was great! "It's Monday. Monday is bongo day!" - Janitor LOL

The second episode concerning Cox shuffling all his new responsibilities was very good. LOVED that it ended with "Innocent" by Our Lady Peace - Such a great song!! Wonder what made them pull out that 7 year old gem?

No Turk in the first episode, and not Turk or Elliot in the second means Turk has sat out 3, Carla and Elliot 2, JD 0, and Cox/Kelso/Janitor 1 each. I thought each actor was only missing 2 episodes, but maybe its 3? I'm surprised they haven't had JD miss one yet, when they've already aired 8 episodes and theres only 10 left.

I know that's what's going to happen, I meant that it's odd they haven't done one of those yet and the season is practically half over already

I loved how he still finished off the episode :censored:

Wow, that last episode was really good. I loved how they referenced so many past moments. The Janitor's sand castle, hanging J.D. as a flag, and him being in The Fugitive :banghead:

Also the "Guy Love" cameo. EEAAAGLLLEE!

Laverne! Looks like they're dropping that "Nurse Shirley" idea from Season 7. It was pretty awkwardly executed. Also, the Dr. Wen sketch made me wonder where exactly Dr. Wen has been these past few years. Sonny, what a ridiculous character. She's likable, though, and it's cool that she and Howie are getting some time on the show proper instead of sticking to the webisodes (some of which have been very... questionable).

Just caught up with this week's episode. Loved them both! This season is really turning out to be one of the better ones! Everything looks so great in HD too

Anyway, no JD and Janitor in the first episode, but everyone was in the second. So it's Turk 3, Carla/Elliot/Janitor 2, JD/Cox/Kelso 1.

Not sure how I feel about Ted's new girlfriend Gooch. She's... odd. They handled JD not being in the episode really well, though I think they could pull off an episode where not only is JD not in it, but they don't bring attention to it like they did with the speakerphone, very well if they wanted to.

The second episode was even better. Loved the comedy show! The giant Beardface was great! I also really enjoy the Denise/Joe storyline. The bromance stuff was HILARIOUS... well done.

One thing I don't get is why Big Ed the intern has barely been on the show? I thought he was supposed to be one of the major new characters, but I swear he's only been in like 2, 3 episodes tops. It was especially glaring in the second episode when he didn't participate in the comedy show, and wasn't with all the other interns at the bar when Denise/Joe finally went.

I wonder if they dropped him from the show once he was hired to be a regular on Parks and Recreation?

One thing I don't get is why Big Ed the intern has barely been on the show? I thought he was supposed to be one of the major new characters, but I swear he's only been in like 2, 3 episodes tops. It was especially glaring in the second episode when he didn't participate in the comedy show, and wasn't with all the other interns at the bar when Denise/Joe finally went.

He was fired by Dr. Cox in episode 8. He's gone. Now I know why he wasn't featured at all in Scrubs: Interns (the webisodes). The four core interns now are Denise, Katie, Sonny and Howie, all of whom I think are pretty solid. I assume they'll be the focus of the upcoming episode "Their Story II."

Too bad for the old interns, though. Keith, Rex, Lonnie, Josephine, Boone etc. have disappeared because they're no longer needed.

He was fired by Dr. Cox in episode 8. He's gone.

Oh snap! That's right! I guess when that happened I assumed it would be a temporary thing. Now I think they wrote that scene cause the actor left to do Parks and Recreation.

Now I know why he wasn't featured at all in Scrubs: Interns (the webisodes).

I really need to find those and watch them...

The four core interns now are Denise, Katie, Sonny and Howie, all of whom I think are pretty solid. I assume they'll be the focus of the upcoming episode "Their Story II."

I bet you're right!

The webisodes are on ABC.com. The first three take place before the start of the season, the rest... whenever. You'll see that they're a bit short on material.

I watched all 6 webisodes this afternoon. I really dislike the "Kate is filming them herself" angle they went with, they should have just filmed them like normal episodes. Some of them were WAY too dark.

I didn't understand why one of them was just Ted and Gooch's song from "My Lawyer's In Love" (but extended)

I do like the overall idea here though, as all of them except Denise/Joe haven't been developed on the show much. I don't even remember Sunny having any lines before this week.

Big Ed only appeared in a picture in the first episode

The absolute BEST one was "Late Night With Jimmy" - that guys impressions are great! The ones in the webisode are even better than the ones he did in "My Comedy Show"

Reminds me of the impressionist guy that did a few episodes of "Undeclared'

• 4 weeks later...

It is very annoying and strange!

They aired 2 new episodes a week for 5 weeks, then aired 2 reruns a week for 5 weeks before finally coming back with new episodes next week

If they had just aired 1 new episode a week we would have had new Scrubs to look forward to every week!

If I had known they were gonna do this, I would have purposely only watched 1 per week probably...

I really quite enjoyed tonight's episode

They totally made me think this would be a non-JD episode when he didn't appear in the first couple minutes..... then I thought Elliot was out, but she appeared for the one scene. So all of the "Big 7" made an appearance, and we remain where we were a month ago:

Turk has missed 3, Carla/Elliot/Janitor 2, JD/Cox/Kelso 1. I'm really surprised they didn't give Kelso the episode off... I mean, he's the one character that doesn't even work at the hospital, and he's only missed one episode! His appearance tonight was practically a cameo!

Loved the "Eagle!" at the very end, and of course "JD's gonna hit that flat ass, JD's gonna hit that flat ass!"

Also: No interns at all this week!

And I enjoyed Janitor/Lady's story as well as Cox/Jordan. Those 2 have had a good arc over 8 years

I also completely like the way they are handling JD and Elliot being back together

I've been Zeltzered! Really glad they're doing something with Lady's character. She was a total bore in Season 7. I've noticed that the show's budget must have been shrunk enormously. Where did all the elaborate fantasies go? They're still good, though. I believe it that artists work best under limitations.

Turk has missed 3, Carla/Elliot/Janitor 2, JD/Cox/Kelso 1. I'm really surprised they didn't give Kelso the episode off... I mean, he's the one character that doesn't even work at the hospital, and he's only missed one episode! His appearance tonight was practically a cameo!

Cox has missed two. Kelso is certainly a disappointing aspect of this season. It just doesn't work for him not to be the chief. They wrote his resignation thinking they were six episodes from the end of the show, but it turned out to be closer to twenty-six. What can you do? Anyway, it would be nice for him to take a couple episodes off.

They are obviously taking advantage of their ABC/Disney ties, with the whole ESPN/Sportscenter tie-in

That's the thing with shows that go this many years; The cost of paying the actors goes up every year.... and with ratings as low as Scrubs gets, they aren't gonna have too much of a budget for much else

Cox has missed two.

Really?

"My Last Words" and "My Comedy Show."

Well I'll be dipped, he wasn't in My Comedy Show. I missed that the first time around

I really enjoyed tonight's episode! Was surprised that the episode of the season narrated by other people was NOT an episode they had JD sit out!

Kelso wasn't in it though, so now Turk has missed 3, Carla/Elliot/Janitor/Cox/Kelso 2, and JD 1.

So was that hot blonde intern that the goofy guy was making out with in the elevator a random 1-off character or have we seen her before?

Also, didn't the interns meet the Janitor in a different way during the webisodes? Contradiction!