Scrubs Season 8

Henry B

Hmmm. Guess she hasn't made much of an impression on me. I only remember Denise/Joe, Smiley, the goofy guy, and Big Ed (before he was fired). Was the blonde girl in the webisodes too?

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remembr that. I think that 5 weeks they took off between the first 10 episodes and this current batch destroyed my memories of the show :)

Yeah, she's been in four or five episodes but hasn't been very important to the narrative. In the third episode Carla took her aside and advised her to stop being a jerk, and in the fifth episode she manipulated Elliot into giving her favorable treatment for a research opportunity.

I quite liked yesterday's episode. Dr. Cox's opening rant had me in stitches, and the Janitor's antics were great.

Also, didn't the interns meet the Janitor in a different way during the webisodes? Contradiction!

Well, yes, although this episode didn't explicitly show that it was their first encounter with the Janitor. I have a feeling the "writing" staff for the webisodes isn't coordinating very well with the TV episode staff. I have enjoyed some of the webisodes, though, like the new one with the "outtakes" from Legal Custodians.

Just got a chance to see this today - had to download a torrent cause my DVR was all messed up last night. Couldn't watch it live or recorded. I think the hard drive in it is busted :(

Anyway- it was the 3 Young'uns only this week - no Cox, Kelso, Carla, or Janitor!

That means the missing episode count is now at 3 for Turk, Cox, Kelso, Carla, and Janitor, and at 2 for Elliot and JD. Apparently every main actor is missing 3 episodes, not 2 as previously reported.

Anyway, this week's episode was great. Loved Turk being upset JD went to Disney Land without him. Loved The Todd being upset about other people High Fiving. Enjoyed all the scenes with the interns. I finally learned their names too - Howie, Katie, Denise, and Sunny right? :) I don't remember the new surgical intern's name, but Denise was right, he's kind of a douche. It was funny when they hooked up though, and referenced her affection for fat guys.

Didn't like how dark it was. I know the whole thing took place at night, but I don't remember any other episodes being this dark (except for maybe that one other one this season).

The ending with Elliot was really well done. And the end credits bit was pretty funny ;) I also liked this line from Turk:

"Elliot - you're really cute, but your booty is really tiny, and I don't know what I would do with that thing!"

I don't follow alot of the stuff outside of the TV show but I wonder if the large amount of screen time the interns are getting could be a possible setup to continue the show past this season when some of the main cast members will be leaving.

I don't follow alot of the stuff outside of the TV show but I wonder if the large amount of screen time the interns are getting could be a possible setup to continue the show past this season when some of the main cast members will be leaving.

That's what I've been thinking as well. Interns have never had this much focus or screen time in the show.

Yea. That was known before the season even started. This is the last season Zack Braff and Bill Lawrence will be involved with the show, and intend it to be the last, but ABC could still renew it even without their involvement. If they do, the interns would be the new focus of the show from season 9 onward

I believe Judy Reyes also plans on leaving after this season.

Yes she is, which means Donald Faison would probably leave, and the last episode just gave Elliot the ability to leave when she wants, which means Sarah Chalke probably won't return either.

Oddly serious episode last night. It was nice to see all the interaction between Turk and Elliot. As the only principal cast members they really carried it well.

Oddly serious? The show has always been part-comedy part-drama. Pretty much every episode ends on a serious note.

Well, I didn't say it was bad. It was just surprising to see Elliot and Turk do so much straight talking.

I suppose. We are getting close to the final episodes. I really liked her closing comments. If the show does get renewed (which I kinda doubt) and the current interns take over, they might be able to pull it off. I think they may be trying to go for it, Derrick was rather randomly brought in, a black surgeon to replace Turk.

After viewing the first half of tonite's show, as well as the previous shows this year, I'm almost expecting the last episode of this season to have Turk and JD come out of the closet and express their true love for each other. ;)

Great episode tonight. This is seriously one of the best Scrubs seasons. Also: Elliot was so hot throughout the episode!

Loved Ted's head eating his sunscreen ;) Jordan's plastic surgery is AWFUL, ugh. But, her scene with her rapping into the hairbrush hilarious :lol: What song was that?

All 7 principals were in it, so the missing episode count is still 3 for Turk, Cox, Kelso, Carla, and Janitor, and at 2 for Elliot and JD.

I would assume JD and Elliot also have to miss 3. Unless they had different contracts than the other 5?

Eh, this one was okay. Seemed kind of aimless. I'm sure Part 2 will be better. Also, yay for Doug being back! He was part of the supporting cast from the beginning.

Anyone think Elliot might be pregnant. She kept feeling "light-headed" and was adamant on confirmation of JD's love for her. It seems kind of cliche, but I think that's a good place for these characters to be headed.

She was light-headed because she didn't eat for 3 days, to prepare for being seen in a bikini

Yeah, I was disappointed with this two-parter. Felt like season 7: silly, unbelievable gags all the way, e.g. Ted's skin "drinking" sunscreen, Turk's "eel," etc. Maybe the show is just more interesting when it's filmed in the hospital. Also, why is Kelso so boring now? I know he's supposed to have softened a bit since leaving his job, but he was such an evil bastard in the first few seasons. That devilish element is just gone.

Probably. The original plan no doubt provided for his resignation just a few episodes before the end of the show, but because of the writers' strike they had to fit him into another twenty or so. I really would have liked for him to return for just four or five episodes in which he could actually be of importance to the plot (e.g. when he gets Maddox fired, inspires J.D. and Elliot to get back together and when he recommends Cox for Chief of Medicine). Besides, with all the new interns the show has more characters than it knows what to do with, which is why a lot of the supporting cast has been swept under the rug for this season. I know it's kind of nerdy, but I like to see consistent background characters. Seriously... what happened to Dr. Wen? That's what I want to know.

I just watched the episode and liked it a lot! I very much enjoyed the way all 3 relationships (JD/Elliot, Turk/Carla, and Cox/Jordan) resolved their problems in the episode

JD telling Elliot "I love you more than Turk" was the PERFECT way to solve their problem :D

I also really love the arc that COx and JOrdan have followed from Season 1 till now. They've come a long way

What did people think of Bill Lawrence's cameo as the justice of peace? I thought it was almost slightly less cheesy than Ron Moore's cameo in the BSG finale...

Only 3 episodes left!

Spoilers for the next episode:

Elizabeth Banks returns as Kim, and she has a new boyfriend: It's Sean, Elliot's boyfriend from season 3!

I disliked the the last couple episodes. They seemed to be treading water, story-wise, and they failed at the most basic level of making the Bahamas look great. The cinemtography really, really sucked.

So... spoilers for the final episode. The list of guest stars has been posted, and it's

nearly every character ever featured on the show, including several who are dead. Seriously.

Read here if you are so inclined, and watch out for many other plot spoilers.

That was in "My Absence," but they'd been trying to get pregnant since the end of Season 7.

I noticed that Scrubs: Interns has come to a close: ten webisodes in all. It was alright; uneven but a fun little addition to the "canon." Also, Ed makes an appearance in the final webisode.

Oh snap I didn't know they were still making more webisodes. I think I've seen the first 6, I'll have to catch up