Scrubs Season 8

Henry B

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I so don't understand how this show has been on this long. When we've tried to watch it we end up turning it off quickly. Comedys not filmed before a live audience are never very funny.

I so don't understand how this show has been on this long. When we've tried to watch it we end up turning it off quickly. Comedys not filmed before a live audience are never very funny.

:huh: I agree with Koray; while I understand the benefits of audience laughter (it definitely helps in live theater), do you really need somebody to tell you when something's funny? Laugh tracks are a joke in of themselves. For example, see Natural Born Killers. Scrubs (in the first few seasons, at least) is more of a dark/surreal comedy that's supposed to weird out the viewer as much as it's supposed to make him laugh.

They're funnier when they're not filmed in front of a live audience. I hate laugh tracks.

really, the history of television proves you wrong time and again.

Yes, because Two and a Half Men is clearly much funnier than Arrested Development, 30 Rock or even The Office.

Stick to I Love Lucy reruns Joe. There's a generation trying to enjoy its moment.

• 2 months later...

I've been very underwhelmed by the new Scrubs. It just feels flat and forced.

I'll be slightly upset if Better Off Ted is cancelled.

Things don't look good for Better Off Ted. While ABC did order a 13 episode second season, they flew through the first 11 episodes in just 8 weeks and its unknown when the final 2 episodes will air, if at all. Not only that, but they aired episodes 1-9 and 12-13, skipping over episodes 10 and 11.

Scrubs aired episodes 1-11 throughout Dec and Jan, but is airing episode 12 on March 10 and episode 13 on March 17.

• 2 weeks later...

Scrubs' official facebook page confirms that next Wednesday's episode is the final one ever and they've been canceled.

Anybody watch the new one last night?

Haven't watched it yet, but will later today.

Can't say I mourn the demise of Scrubs 2.0 though. Watching them was becoming increasingly tedious.

I'd still watch Legal Custodians. If it ever got made.

It was probably best to give the show a quick death rather than prolonging its misery. Well, the newcomers did show some promise. Maybe this failed experiment at least lent them exposure. As for the original cast, I can always refer back to Season 8's "My Finale" as the true end of the show.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally watched the last 2 episodes of the show. Just as completely mediocre as the entire season. The first few with Braff were ok then it just kept going downhill. Sad they weren't able to give the new characters a "real" finale, but even more sad that season 9 existed at all.