Scrubs Season 8

Henry B

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last night's episode was nice. I was sort of hoping to see Dr. Wen guide Turk to the Chief of Surgery job or something like that; with just Turk and the Todd in surgery for the past few seasons it's come off as a kind of goofy, lawless department. Liked the dynamics between the two couples.

It was a good episode this week, but what was up with the final shot. Not seeing Elliot's reaction to JD's statement was odd

The Weiner Cousins / Bajingo Sisters stuff was HILARIOUS to me. There is a LOT of social incest in my group of friends, so those terms describe many of us. My weiner cousins and I are gonna have to start doing the finger hook ;)

Yeah that was somewhat odd not to see the typical reaction shot. But then I think back to the episode before the two parter where Elliot talked about being able to leave the hospital. Their relationship has reached that point where she would follow him anywhere.

I just read that they wanted basically EVERY recurring character ever to return for the 1hour series finale in 2 weels, but NBC wouldn't let them use two actors that are currently starring in NBC shows: Masi Oka (Hiro on Heroes, Franklin on Scrubs) and Sarah Lancaster (Ellie on Chuck, Gift Shop Girl on Scrubs). Lame.

Wow they really wanted to squeeze everyone in there?

Franklin was great, but I doubt I'll miss him among all the other characters. And the Gift Shop Girl was only in like 2 episodes!

Do you know if all the celebrity guest stars are returning? There are A LOT of those. Basically the cast of Spin City, Tara Reid, Amy Smart, Mandy Moore...

Guest stars:

Aloma Wright as Nurse Roberts, Robert Maschio as Todd, Sam Lloyd as Ted, Christa Miller as Jordan, Travis Schuldt as Keith, Eliza Coupe as Denise, Sonal Shah as Sunny, Colin Hay as himself, Amy Smart as Jamie, Andrew Miller as Jack, Elizabeth Bogush as Alex, Michael McDonald as Mr. Cropper, Nicole Sullivan as Jill Tracy, Phil Lewis as Hooch, Taran Killam as Jimmy, Tom Cavanaugh as Dan Dorian, Michael Learned as Mrs. Wilks, Josh Cooke as Van, Suanne Spoke as the woman, Judy Jean Berns as Mrs. Stonewater, Deonte Gordon as the orderly, Aseem Batra as Josephine, Bellamy Young as Dr. Miller, Christina Miles as Gloria, Meredith Roberts as Kathy, Jill Tracy as Elaine, Katie O'Rourke as the coffee nurse, Kit Pongetti as Lady, Lindsay Ravage as Slagathor, Stephanie D'Abruzzo as Patti, Kate Micucci as Stephanie, Aaron Ikeda as Rex, Charles Rahi Chun as Dr. Wen, Shaughn Buchholz as Cabbage, Jay Kenneth Johnson as Dr. Matthews, Joe Rose as Troy, Martin Klebba as Randall, Matt Winston as Dr. Steadman, Paul F. Perry as Randall, Michael Hobert as Lonnie, Mike Schwartz as Lloyd, Philip McNiven as Roy, Tyler Poelle as Boon, Robert Beckwith as Roy, Robert Clendenin as Dr. Zeltzer, George Miserlis as Crispin, Randall Winston as Leonard, Frank Cameron as Dr. Mickhead, Geoff Stevenson as Dr. Beardface, Manley Henry as Snoop Dawg attending and Katheryn Joosten as Mrs. Tanner.

I just read that they wanted basically EVERY recurring character ever to return for the 1hour series finale in 2 weels, but NBC wouldn't let them use two actors that are currently starring in NBC shows: Masi Oka (Hiro on Heroes, Franklin on Scrubs) and Sarah Lancaster (Ellie on Chuck, Gift Shop Girl on Scrubs). Lame.

I think that was reported back in 2008 already. NBC sucks.

Since the president's speech bumped back the new Scrubs last week, that episode is now airing this Tuesday at 8, and then this Wednesday from 8-9 we get the 1 hour season/series finale. Can't wait!

Ready for the final Scrubs (even if it comes back next year without Braff, I count this as the final season) tonight!

An hour of Scrubs...

An hour of LOST...

2 hours of BLISS!

Yep... it's almost over. Wow. I thought it was pretty abrupt that J.D. just decided to leave Sacred Heart, but it has the potential to really sting in the series finale. I'd like to see proper sendoffs for all the main cast (especially Carla, who always seems to get the short end of the character development stick). Dr. Cox, too; although all he really has to do is call J.D. by his real name. ;)

Kind of nerdy aside: it would be really cool if Ted's band did this. It'd be a great summation song.

Just watched last night's episode... hilarious! This season seriously ranks as one of the best of the 8. The whole cast is clicking so well...

"I'm gonna miss your skinny white butt..."

"I'm gonna miss your perfect round one!"

:)

Starting the finale now!

Wow, what a great finale. The episode completely caught me off guard. I thought it was gonna be like a lame clip show that included all the past characters, but the way they did it was perfect.

I hope they don't renew the show, but this was labelled as the season finale and not the series. Also didn't some guy call the Janitor by a different name? I didn't hear what he said.

Wow. That was a great finale. Probably the most satisfying finale I can ever remember for a half-hour show (there's been plenty of great finales for hour-longs in recent years). I mean, it was better than the Newsradio, Seinfeld, Friends, anything else I can think of at the moment finales for sure

I'll admit that I got teary-eyed during the final projector scene

I love that the last non-JD line of the episode was Hooch in a straight-jacket saying "Hooch IS crazy!", and that we still didn't learn the janitor's real name.

It was pretty silly to have Bill Lawrence cameo as a janitor, since they already had him cameo as the justice of peace a few episodes back. Should have done one or the other, not both

Great job all around, though. I hope ABC doesn't renew, it would lessen the impact of it.

Wow. I guess I was expecting the returning guest stars to have more than cameos and not to be just figments of J.D.'s imagination, but... that was great. They even did the music the way I thought they would! Just letting it all soak in now.

• 2 weeks later...
No word yet on how many episodes have been ordered, nor if the sitcom will morph into a studio-audience show (as rumored).

oh my god

• 5 months later...

Saw a commercial last night for Scrubs Season 9

TERRIBLE!!!!!!

The finale that aired in May was a goddamn perfect way to end the show. These new episodes are gonna suck

I saw JD, Elliot, Turk, and Cox in the commercials. No Carla, Janitor, or Kelso that I saw.

Also saw one of the new interns introduced last season.

I suppose I'll watch but......... I wish it didn't exist.

OR, they called it something else and made it clear it was a spinoff, and didn't feature JD/Elliot/Turk at all

Yes, and the Janitor will appear in the first episode. After that he's gone, since Neil Flynn has a new show. I haven't heard anything about Judy Reyes. She always seemed to be a little short changed among the principle cast; always the least character development and comedic opportunity.

I believe she had mentioned last season would be her last, but then she was also under the impression Zach Braff would be leaving as well, like he mentioned at the time.

As a regular cast member, yes, but given enough money and scheduling convenience I don't see why anyone wouldn't put in a guest appearance.

From wikipedia:

On May 14, 2009, it was announced that Zach Braff has signed to be on Scrubsfor six episodes to transition the show to its new format. Sarah Chalkeconfirmed her involvement in season 9 on June 8, 2009 on Fox News Channel's Fox & Friends talk show.[60] On May 23, 2009, Zach Braff confirmed to Scrubs fans on MySpace his involvement with season 9, but stated that he knew very little about the shape the show will take.[61]Also, Donald Faison, John C. McGinley and Neil Flynn are signed to beregulars for the next season, in second position to other projects.[62]Judy Reyes, according to reports, has not yet been officiallyapproached; however, it is expected that, if she were to reprise herrole, it would be merely as a guest star.[63]

On June 19, 2009, it was announced that the reformatted ninth season of Scrubswould "shift from the hospital to the classroom and make med-schoolprofessors of John C. McGinley's Dr. Cox and Donald Faison's Turk."According to Lawrence, the ninth season will "be a lot like Paper Chaseas a comedy", with Cox's and Turk's students occasionally rotatingthrough the halls of Sacred Heart and encountering former seriesregulars. McGinley and Faison will be joined by "a quartet of newbies(most of them playing students)" as full-time regulars, while one ofthe freshmen "will be fairly famous".[64]

The biggest change to the show on the upcoming season is a majorcast revamp. Of the seven actors who have appeared in the show sincethe pilot, only Donald Faison and John C. McGinley are returning in regular roles. Zach Braff and Sarah Chalke are set to reprise their roles as J.D. and Elliot respectively for the first six episodes of the season[64] Neil Flynn will return for the first episode.[4] Judy Reyes and Ken Jenkins will also return at some point during the season.[4][65] The new main cast as it stands so far includes Eliza Coupe[66] returning to the recurring role of Denise "Jo" Mahoney from season eight, Dave Francoas Cole, a charming, conservative, confidently stupid and incrediblyentitled medical student whose family donated a wing to the school,[67] Kerry Bishé will play Lucy, the new narrator for the show,[4][68] and Michael Mosley has been announced as playing Drew, a 30-year old med student on his last attempt at school.[68][69] Former Gilmore Girls star Lauren Graham was rumored to be "at the top of [ABC's] wish-list" of potential big-name actors.[70]

Another major change will be the setting of the show and where it isfilmed. For the first eight seasons, the show was filmed at the North Hollywood Medical Centerbut production for this season will take place at Culver Studios. As aresult, in the show, the existing Sacred Heart hospital will bementioned to have been torn down and has been partially re-built oncampus - due to the economy they ran out of money while building thehospital and construction ended. There will be "doors that go tonowhere and half-finished operating rooms".[4]

On October 28, 2009, it was announced that season nine will premiere on December 1, 2009 with back-to-back episodes.[71]

• 2 weeks later...
Question: More on Scrubs! Will Carla be a series regular? —Dinana

Ausiello: Forget series regular — she won’t even be a guest star. Judy Reyes declined an invitation to make occasional appearances on Scrubs 2.0.According to Bill Lawrence, Reyes was only interested in returning ifit was on a full-time basis — something that, creatively, he couldn’tmake work. “It was hard for us to wrap our head around why a nursewould be spending so much time around med students,” explains Lawrence,who insists he harbors no hard feelings towards Reyes. In fact, heplans to reach out to her again in hopes that “she’ll change her mind.”

So I watched the Season 9 premiere.

It basically sucked. Couple funny parts here and there, but overall just lame. They are trying too hard to keep it going.

JD, Cox, and Turk were listed as opening credit regulars. Elliot appeared for like 2 minutes at the beginning of the first episode but thats it. Its revealed she is 7 months pregnant with JD's baby. Janitor appear very briefly in one quick scene. Kelso had 2-3 scenes. His wife Edith has passed. No sign of Carla or Ted. The Todd had a bunch of scenes. I dunno.

Yeah... it was okay. The new cast seems promising, except for that Cole guy. Holy hell, is he annoying. I think they should have dropped the original cast entirely; maybe just kept Zach Braff on for a little while to smooth the transition. The first episode of this season felt like a series of cameos. Who's still here? Who's gone without any acknowledgment? It's strange that Denise is a star now. I mean, Eliza Coupe's not bad, but I think they're stretching it by giving her so much character time. Pretty disappointed with Zach Braff, he's back to just hamming it up. I think the show might actually improve when he leaves. The only actor I was really impressed with was McGinley as Cox. His lines aren't very good, but he's trying so hard to make them work.

I thought the third episode was quite an improvement. Much more solid writing, and I actually laughed audibly at a gag. It's better now that they've gotten the forced cameos out of the way (although I hear Ted is going to make one final appearance). Michael Mosley as Drew is easily the most interesting of the new characters. I want to know more about his enigmatic past. Kerry Bishé as Lucy has some ridiculous and kind of funny lines, but I wonder how she's going to develop into a lead narrator. Her thoughts just sound like one of those "Their Story" episodes. And then Dave Franco as Cole is very funny, but utterly unsympathetic. What direction could they take his character in? The three originals (well, four if you count Denise) are doing a solid job.

They couldn't really have carried the show as lead actors. Plus, there's the switch in setting to a med school, which calls for med student characters.

• 2 weeks later...

I caught up on all 5 episodes today. It was off to a bumpy start, but I'm really liking it now. Turk is easily the funniest one now IMO.

"Want the rest of my nachos?"

"Awww hell yeeah!"

:mellow:

I found Cole to be really annoying at the start, but he's starting to get funny. Drew is good and I don't really like Lucy, but oh well. Glad to see that at least one of the old interns is back with Denise, and that's Sunny. The Janitor, Ted, and Gooch are gone as mentioned a little earlier. Apparently the most recent episode, Our Mysteries, was JD's last one. I'm glad they were able to make fun of themselves on how Zach Braff keeps leaving and coming back.