Best missing cue

Morlock

What IYO is the best unreleased JW track? One of my favorite JW pieces, and one of the best cues in the Indy 3, a movie with tons of great cues is the unrealeased 'Portugeuse coast/ The Cross of Coronado' , which has a wonderful fighting cue.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes,Portuguese Coast for Last Crusade and there are many others for others movies,but this is a bit confusing,do you count only the unreleased cues unreleased on C.D. right now,or those that were not available on c.d. untill recently,or only on a Lazer Disk isolated track(the absence of E.T. is Dying FILM version is my big disappointment with the 20th aniversary c.d.),or those that are not available officially,but that a lot here have on various boots and/or MP3's...or MP3's or boots of cues of unreleased music/alternate cues that were not even meant to me released(The Phantom Menace,BotFJ,Hook),etc....

Of the cues not available on ANY official c.d.,boot or that poped up on MP3,I would say a lot of stuff on Temple of Doom and the first 5 minutes of music of Family Plot.

K.M.

What's even worse, there's such a great theme for the Cross of Coronado, and it's nowhere on the official CD. The unreleased half of Belly of the Steal Beast is amazing as well. Other cues I miss a lot are the swashbuckling finale from Hook and the T-Rex Car Chase music from JP. And of course tons of cues in the first Potter score.

"Underground Heroics", from Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom

Yes,and everything after The Mine Car Chase too,and the ultra tense Deal for the Diamond at the beginning of the movie,the cool rendition of the love theme in Flight Over the Himalayas,the sinister Pankock Palace theme,and the chorus piece in Retrieving the Stones. :)

K.M.

Yes,and everything after The Mine Car Chase too,and the ultra tense Deal for the Diamond at the beginning of the movie,the cool rendition of the love theme in Flight Over the Himalayas,the sinister Pankock Palace theme,and the chorus piece in Retrieving the Stones. :)

K.M.

Of course. But I think Morlock said "cue", not "cues" :D

YES!!!! :) just about anything from Temple of Doom for me!

Ted

On track 1 :)

Hmm....I hear several bits that might be distant variations of that theme starting at abour 3:50, but nothing that's really close to the "full" version of the theme as in track 2 of the "Volume 2" boot.

Marian - wondering if he's right or deaf. :D

The Cross Theme can first be heard in track 1, when the archealogist holds the cross in his hands.

It's not distant at all, just arranged differently.

Stefancos- wondering if Marian is going deaf.

Marian - wondering if he's right or deaf.

I think you're deaf but I'll listen to the track again. :)

Justin -Wondering what Marians avatar is. :?

Someone please send a MP3 of that segment to poor old Mark LOL

Ok, it's here.

As for the Indy score, here are two samples of the theme in Indy's Very First Adventure (1 / 2) and here's a sample from the Portugese Coast track from the boot. I agree the theme on the CD is clearly a variation of the Cross theme (a shame I never noticed this - and in fact, the whole second half of that track seems to be basically a series of variations on that theme, wow!), but I still don't think it's a really straightforward statement of the theme as in the boot track.

If i'm not mistaken then that is Mr Tolkien himself.

Stefancos- who is rarely mistaken.

LOL one of these times you're gonna be wrong and i'm just not gonna be there to see it.

Ted

How about the music for the Indian attack in Snowden's Canyon from The Plainsman? A bit out of left field, I know, but it impressed me. With its rich orchestration and accelerating tempo it is a precursor to "The Desert Chase" music from Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Oh for a CD release of The Plainsman and The Rare Breed!

Damien beerchug

How about the music for the Indian attack in Snowden's Canyon from The Plainsman?  A bit out of left field, I know, but it impressed me.

:? You got me curious,I wonder how many here actually saw that film or have some boot of it.

K.M.Who will check Crusher's updated trade list.That dude owes me bigtime.

Someone please send a MP3 of that segment to poor old Mark LOL

Ok, it's here.

I STILL can't figure this one out :) I'll have to get my RotJ c.d. or the concert arrangement to see if it's not a part of Jabba's music i don't remember.Of all the SW main themes or concert arrangements,this is the one i've listened to the least,including the Ewok theme.

K.M.Who will now sort this out.

You didnt knew It was Tolkien? I did and i am not a fan or him...

Well EXCUSE me! I knew he looked familer. Just couldn't place a name. :)

Justin -Who's memory is going in old age. :sigh:

The percussion cue in TEMPLE OF DOOM when Indiana is going to break the wood bridge, I would love to hear that.

I guess this thread means one thing : INDY AND THE TOD EXPANDED EDITION!!! Cmon Johnny why can't you push producers into releasing your own work?

It's not like he doesn't have the political/business power to do so. :sigh:

For me, it's undoubtedly one (of many) in EOTS. I don't know the title, but i'll describe it:

After that famous conversation between Jim and his mother about God, Jamie stares at some toy planes in the top of his bedroom Here, it's played for the first time, the main theme of Empire of the Sun, very restrained. It symbolizes Jim's dreams and beliefs. It's so beautiful!!!!

My favourite missing cues:

Ollivander's Wands: from Harry Potter (has some beuatiful music with the celeste, chorus and a very creepy statement of Voldemort's theme, the very first statement of his theme in the whole HP musical saga)

Stealing the Stones: from the Temple of Doom (it's just so epic and operatic)

Papa Jones is Healed: from the Last Crusade (contains some powerful renditions of the grail theme, my favourite theme from this score, that send chills down my spine everytime)

Ollivander's Wands: from Harry Potter (has some beautiful music with the celeste, chorus and a very creepy statement of Voldemort's theme, the very first statement of his theme in the whole HP musical saga)  

Papa Jones is Healed: from the Last Crusade (contains some powerful renditions of the grail theme, my favourite theme from this score, that send chills down my spine everytime)

Ollivander's Wands: from Harry Potter (has some beuatiful music with the celeste, chorus and a very creepy statement of Voldemort's theme, the very first statement of his theme in the whole HP musical saga)  

i agree with you 100% Merkel. total agreement! :sigh:

Ted

It's on the boot,but I agree,that rendition and two other ones not on the official release are my favourite versions of the theme(Papa Jones Diary as Indy stares at a gail painting on the wall and in the cue we call Flight to Austria)

K.M.Wondering if JoeinAr is taking all those cues mentionned in this thread into consideration when evaluating the score to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade

David's Theme, in any form, left off the A.I. OST...

I've heard that mentioned before. Where is it heard in the movie?

I agree! I love that mystical celeste part when Ollivander chooses the wand that ends up working. Also, I would like to have the cue from Harry Potter where they enter the Great Hall (also heard in Diagon Alley in the film). It's a great little theme, very magical and fun.

Ray Barnsbury

Man, wasn't that a stupid thing to?

i agree with you 100% Merkel. total agreement! :sigh:

Stefancos- suddenly confronted with the VISUAL MODE

Steef, i was going to respond the exact same way. you beat me to it!

Ted, who agrees with Stefan and Merkel 100%. total agreement

The Indiana Jones stuff that wasn't released was of course top notch stuff but just because that's already been mentioned about 100 times in this thread alone I'd have to say my favorite missing cue that's not o­n a COMMERCIAL release is the last part of the End Battle in Hook! I love Williams writing action music and that is some of his best. Now I know there's a boot but I'm taking the question as if it referes to the commercial releases.

Brian99_1 - Who can't belive the kind of year it's been for filmscores.

I agree!  I love that mystical celeste part when Ollivander chooses the wand that ends up working.

That's one of the best bits in the score. Seems to be some sort of wicked twist of Hedwig's theme or something. The choir ending is great too.

Also, I would like to have the cue from Harry Potter where they enter the Great Hall (also heard in Diagon Alley in the film).  It's a great little theme, very magical and fun.

Agreed. And just because we talked about themes that are/are not on CDs above...at least a little hint of that Great Hall theme can be heard on the CD when they cross the lake towards Hogwarts, after the bold statement of Hedwig's theme.

I liked that little cue in Harry Potter PS when Harry, Ron, and Hermione were running to find Prof. McGonagall after Hagrid talked to them outside of his hut. I also liked the music in Diagon Alley.

The visual mode still has bugs, just check the quote on the message above this one.

The visual mode will have bugs for a few days/weeks. But I have to activate it every time I update the site. The problem is that some times I go to sleep and I forget to deactivate it LOL

Sorry :)