The one cue blows you away each time.

Kevin

In my efforts to be more constructive around here, this ia good thread.

What's the one cue that you think is always exciting to listen to?

For me, Harry in Winter - Patrick Doyle - The Goblet of Fire

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Temple of Doom End Credits. The themes work so incredibly well together, and the transitions are logical. My favorite end credit sequence ever.

Temple of Doom End Credits. The themes work so incredibly well together, and the transitions are logical. My favorite end credit sequence ever.

Ditto.

I love how Short Round's Theme is seamlessly inserted into the Raider's March.

Hard to name one. Very hard.

But I listened again to The Quidditch Match last night and found myself rewinding a few passages roughly every minute.

Also Swimming from The Water Horse. One of the most inspired cues I've ever heard from JNH.

I love how Short Round's Theme is seamlessly inserted into the Raider's March.

There are lots, but I'm going to say "Short Round Helps" since I've been listening to Temple of Doom so much. This track is great and always ends too soon, I love the constant flip-flopping back and forth between Indy's and Shorty's themes, the transitions are great as are the sudden bursts of themes into the action. No other theme has been used so directly with Indy's theme, overlapping with and transitioning to and from. I've come to love Shorty's theme so much more after hearing the entire score.

For me, Harry in Winter - Patrick Doyle - The Goblet of Fire

i hate that cue .It's the same thing played over and over for 3 minutes .No shred of cue development

There are many, but one that sticks out is "Remembrances" from Schindler's List. I don't exactly know why, but it never fails to entice deep, cathartic emotion for me.

It's a concert piece, you can't expect that much development.

Development is what MAKES a concert piece. Without it you just have theme...theme...theme....slight variation...theme...theme...finale.

MissPadme, can you crop you avatar a bit lower?

Is that Miss Padme herself?

Or is that Natalie Portman again? :blink:

It's Natalie Portman, where Esther got that picture is beyond me. Looks like a paparazzi shot.

What is her obsession with Natalie Portman? :lol:

Ohh hmm

I am not obsessed by her she is obsessed of me! she won't leave me I swear, follows me everywhere!! Frozen Gummiberas everywhere.. so cold!!

well uhm sorry for that.

It might cause more damage then joy this pic. so I shall replace it.

yes,years ago that pic caused even more of a scandal on the MB than Stefancos bouncing boobs

You mean, back in the 60s when jwfan.net was just in its concept phase? :blink:

Ohh hmm

I am not obsessed by her she is obsessed of me! she won't leave me I swear, follows me everywhere!! Frozen Gummiberas everywhere.. so cold!!

well uhm sorry for that.

It might cause more damage then joy this pic. so I shall replace it.

Frozen gummybears? :lol: How do they factor in, I wonder.

Anakin's Betrayal

The question is, "Which one blows you away?" not "Which one blows?". I know it's confusingly worded.

Neil

ooh wow. very funny. .as Mr. Cosman would say:

Idiot!

Steef would never say such a thing to me!

Neil

Anakin's Betrayal

The question is, "Which one blows you away?" not "Which one blows?". I know it's confusingly worded.

Neil

ooh wow. very funny. .as Mr. Cosman would say:

Idiot!

Steef would never say such a thing to me!

Neil

Because he hasn't the guts? Or why?

Steef has time and again displayed a vast knowledge and understanding of the world beyond film music. He has been a good friend and he loves cats. To call him that is wildly inaccurate.

Besides, it's not like he picked some second rate Williams cue from a third rate picture as the cue that blows him away. He picked a stunning Goldsmith cue, one that isn't really talked about that often (unlike the war horse "Enterprise" that I picked), and as is usual with Stefan, he's right! "The Treatment" is a fantastic cue, and one I can listen to all day.

Neil