• 4 stars
    • 3,5 stars
    • 3 stars
    • 2,5 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1,5 stars
    • 1 stars
    • I'm not familiar with this score

Every few days I will post a thread on a random score from my collection that we can discuss and rate. I made a playlist on my computer with one track of each score I've got, so by using the random play option, I'll be able to post a truly random score each time. Hopefully this will allow us to discuss some scores that would otherwise never be discussed. Also we can record the rating so that we can create a full list of the ratings given to scores by JWFan.com.

Today's score is The Fury by John Williams. Are you familiar with it? What do you like about it? What don't you like about it? How do do you think it works in the film? What are your favourite tracks?

Fury_Varese_VSD5264.jpg

So far JWFan has rated:

See Soundtrack Ratings by JWFan.com.

This web page contains the ratings from all my previous polls as well as those of Blumenkohl's.

Final ratings are converted to a 1-10 rating for both rating systems so that they can be compared.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4.5 stars.

A very good score and a real treat to have both film and album versions available. A nice tip of the hat to Herrmann as well.

I'm rather partial to Main Title, Descent and Epilogue. For Gillian is quite nice too.

I'm sure people more familiar with the score can point out some other tracks though.

The original album is a very good representation of the score and contains the highlights as far as I'm concerned. So if someone can find that instead of the 2 disc set I think they'll enjoy it.

5 stars. How can you not mention "Gillian's Escape"? That's a fantastic cue. And of course "For Gillian" and the finale of "Death on the Carousel" ("Gillian's Power" on the film version).

And the movie is very good.

Neil

I bought a used copy of the record with a sticker on it that says, "More Brilliant Music from the composer of 'STAR WARS' and 'CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND'". I agree.

Neil

Unfortunately, this album costs $1,000,000,000,000,000 anywhere I look, so I cannot really familiarize myself with the score.

Really? It's really not worth the money. 'For Gillian' is the only cue I listen to very occasionally.

Unfortunately, this album costs $1,000,000,000,000,000 anywhere I look, so I cannot really familiarize myself with the score.

Really? It's really not worth the money.

Yes, this album really does go for one quadrillion dollars. Everyone knows that. Just check eBay.

You can find the OST for around $30. The Varese Club goes for $100 easily. I don't own any version of the score, I probably never will. That doesn't stop me from hearing the music though :lol:

I think I have the Varese one, I have to check it though. Also I have an LP.