• 2 stars
    • 1 star
    • Don't know the score.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's...interesting. Somebody must really have an aversion to the most Scottish film composer I know of, as this score may be lacking, but it's certainly not lacking 4 stars.

A tremendous debut work. Constantly interesting, with some very good melodies, a very nice (if repetitive) song, wonderfully performed, in one of the best soundtrack recordings (sound-wise) ever. 4 stars from me.

Morlock- who misses early Doyle

Morlock- who misses early Doyle

Indeed. And though his mid-career decline may be milder than Doyle's, Thomas Newman has arguably been doing little more than spinning his wheels since Angels in America, which was a brilliant summation of his body of work to that point. (The Good German may be an exception to the trend.)

Doyle does seem rather bored these last few years. I think we already had a poll on Henry? Anyway, 4 stars from me (and just for reference, Much Ado About Nothing would get 5).

I'm only familiar with the one track on Kunzel's "The Great Fantasy Adventure Album". I don't skip over it.

4,5 from me.

I remember the standing ovation for Doyle in Ubeda last year, after he performed Non Nobis Domine with the orchestra and choir. What a glorious moment!