The OSCAR Thread

Bowie

Oh, were the Oscars last night? Oh dear, between the NASCAR race and my computer game, I must've forgot. Shucks.

Neither of these sentences will ever be uttered or typed by me in my lifetime. It makes me shudder just to read it.

This was the best show I've seen in a very long time. A very long time. The past actors coming out to shower present nominees with praise was beautiful, though I didn't like Cuba Gooding Jr. I think, though, it would have been cool for Anthony Hopkins to address Frank Langella...one Nixon to another.

Anywy, am I the only one who got a lump in his throat when Thomas Newman lost twice? Poor guy. I thought this would be his year. But then again, cousin Randy had to wait for nomination No. 13.

I was shocked that Nicholson wasn't there for the best actor group.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The past actors coming out to shower present nominees with praise was beautiful.

Uh, no. It was boring. I don't want someone to explain why they were nominated, just show the clip and let the people watching see for themselves.

Anywy, am I the only one who got a lump in his throat when Thomas Newman lost twice? Poor guy. I thought this would be his year. But then again, cousin Randy had to wait for nomination No. 13.

Thomas Newman has been nominated 10 times. He even made a joke about never winning at the 79th Academy Awards. So, I'm sure he's used to it :P

John Williams has had more consecutive unwinning nominations....

I've taped this but can't be bothered to watch it, I'm afraid. Is there something worth saving from the music though? (Like that Williams medley a few years back).

When the members walked to the stage to receive their awards I don't think Giacchino played the music from their films.

Sounded like the same cue for each winner. Maybe Erik can ask him.

They did on a couple of occaisions. For best picture I know they had 'Jai Ho'. I think that's one thing that should definitely be reinstated. I liked hearing the different pieces, even though it got a bit annoying upon hearing the Gondor theme for the 11th time for RoTK.