• 3 stars
    • 2 stars
    • 1 star
    • Don't know the score.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't really like this score; I'm not a fan of the 50s/noir atmosphere, like in L.A. Confidential for some reason.

I do like Isham otherwise though; it may be that some composers' attempts to do homages don't always work for me.

4 stars. An excellent film noir score although there is a feeling for me that something is missing for it to attain 5 star status. And this is the way to describe many of the Isham efforts.

Disregard my 2 rating. I watched this the same night as that Fincher serial killer movie that came out within the last few years, and got it mixed up. I,d give it a 3.5 if I could. Good score.

I seemed to recall that you were one of it's supporters. Guess not. I think you'd like it. Shame about the film.

I think you might have me confused with someone else.

5 stars. But then again, what you expect from Brian DePalma's movie?

Karol

That's a strange thing to say. Not all scores to DePalma's movie are great. And this is a particularly bad movie.

This thread is making me want to check out this score. I saw the film, but don't remember anything about the music

Karol

That's a strange thing to say. Not all scores to DePalma's movie are great. And this is a particularly bad movie.

It's a very bad movie. De Palma is one of the most overrated directors.

Karol

Still, if you look at his career from the musical standpoint, there is no shortage of outstanding achievements. To work with Herrmann, Morricone, Williams, Sakamoto is nothing short of spectacular. And he clearly loves film music at its finest. I'm not saying his choices were always the best for the film. I admit DePalma tends to overdo everything though. But it's always a feast for an ear.

Karol - who hated TBD movie.