Christian Bale is an a$$*ole

Koray Savas

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it!

HA! Nice, I don't blame him for going off. The sound people and crap are idiots when they're walking on a scene right when they're filming. It's totally unprofessional on their part.

It was funny, but there's not really an excuse for that kind of behavior. Does that make him an a-hole? I don't know, but he's definitely surly.

He must hang out with Russel Crowe.

This time, Mark, the damn war actually happens. Didn't Bale sign on for 3 Terminator movies? Anyway, McG was sucking up to Bale, he needs to take charge of his actors. Bale should not have been able to go off the loose end like that.

It reminds me of Ed Harris on The Rock. On one of the bloopers he went off on some sound guy in the background fiddling with something. It was hilarious cause everyone was silent and he just ranted for like 3 minutes. Sounded like he wanted to kill someone, just like Bale.

Oh Christian... get over yourself. Just tell the douchbag DP to move... and you actually made your point about 30 second into the rant... the rest was just bullying. Or at least channel your anger towards the director, McDouche, and make sure he has some control over the set and just shoot another take. I hate whiny actors.

-Erik-

Oh Christian... get over yourself. Just tell the douchbag DP to move... and you actually made your point about 30 second into the rant... the rest was just bullying. Or at least channel your anger towards the director, McDouche, and make sure he has some control over the set and just shoot another take. I hate whiny actors.

-Erik-

:|

Bravo, Erik. McDouche... I like that.

Hahah, I just heard the recording not 10 minutes ago. Did the DP deserve that? No. But making movies can be stressful and while it doesn't excuse that behavior, I can understand it. In the end I'm sure poo like this happens all the time. It's just that this time, we actually get to hear it.

. . . poo. Nice.

I am sure the DP will be getting more work than Bale.

I very much doubt that.

It's not like this is some huge revelation: powerful, acclaimed leading actor is a jerk and has a hissyfit. It's one of the byproducts of being a star in Hollywood. At least he hasn't tried to rewrite the script... yet.

"I was looking at the light"

lol Guess what Christian? That's what a DP does - works with lights. I think that's absolutely unacceptable behaviour from an actor, it reeks of 'I'm an actor, I'm better than you'. I wish the DP would've stood up to him more because I'm sure he didn't deserve that crap.

Well the thing is that "DP" dude should have done that crap between takes and not while in the middle of a shoot. That's what pissed off Bale so much because he was always seen in the back ground. Frankly if you're gonna keep doing something again you're eventually gonna get yelled at. It seems I'm the only one backing up Christian Bale here as he had every right to go off on that guy. Ya the swearing was a bit much but I would have gone off on that guy too if I kept seeing him walking in the back ground on a set during shooting and ruining each take.

Bale was having a bad day apparently - annoyances come across a lot worse when you're in a bad mood.

Anyway, even if Bale was rightly frustrated, he shouldn't have erupted like that. As Erik said, you can ask someone to stop what they're doing and move without resorting to swearing and bullying.

Reminds me of Tropic Thunder, in which the 'director' completely loses control of his actors. It's good to hear that Bale seems to be taking this role seriously, but goddammit, it doesn't make him king of the world.

The audio is really great if you think the guy on the left is spazzing on the guy on the right.

empireof.jpeg

You're a nice guy, but that don't cut it when you're foolin' around like this on the set. Seriously, you and me, we're done professionally.

This is not a new thing, as it is from the time they were promoting The Dark Knight. I.e. he was traveling around the world and filming a movie at the same time, as well as being "arrested" because he yelled at his mommy. These things happen all the time and it is being blown completely out of proportion just like Boldin and the Offensive Coach of the Arizona Cardinals screaming at each other on the sidelines.

Just because these things probably do happen all the time, doesn't mean the self-obsessed and egotistical tossers should be get away with it. Seriously, he wouldn't have dared speak that way if the DP happened to be a 6ft 4" big build fella, because someone shouting in your face like that can make you want to wipe the floor with 'em. Sod the job.

Well the thing is that "DP" dude should have done that crap between takes and not while in the middle of a shoot. That's what pissed off Bale so much because he was always seen in the back ground. Frankly if you're gonna keep doing something again you're eventually gonna get yelled at. It seems I'm the only one backing up Christian Bale here as he had every right to go off on that guy. Ya the swearing was a bit much but I would have gone off on that guy too if I kept seeing him walking in the back ground on a set during shooting and ruining each take.

He almost killed the guy, Trent. You could hear him trying to get to the guy yelling "I'm gonna kick your ass!" That's when McG and everyone tried to calm him down instead of sucking up.

Ehh who really cares.

He could have been having a bad day, the shoot could be long and stressful, maybe the DP has pissed him off prior to this or maybe he's just a big jerk.

Either way I could care less as long as they do their job and entertain me.

Althought that clip is funny.

although i do think Bale went a little off the deep end with the profanity, i think he was completely in the right to start yelling. apparently, Bale is really intense when he's creating a character and supposedly they were filming a really emotionally intense scene and the guy ruined it and took him completely out of it. i'd be angry too. and this wasn't the first time, apparently. what if you were a golfer and everytime you tried to put, some guy's caddie coughed and you constantly screwed up.

although i do think Bale went a little off the deep end with the profanity, i think he was completely in the right to start yelling. apparently, Bale is really intense when he's creating a character and supposedly they were filming a really emotionally intense scene and the guy ruined it and took him completely out of it. i'd be angry too. and this wasn't the first time, apparently. what if you were a golfer and everytime you tried to put, some guy's caddie coughed and you constantly screwed up.

Bale had a right to get mad, but McG should have took control of the set, calmed Bale down, settled it quickly without a fuss and continued shooting. Not sitting there going "Uhhh, I didn't see it."

Maybe the DP was having a bad as well.

There are times in perhaps all our lives when we deserve a punch in the face.

That was one such time for Christian.

Well, everyone defending Bale, just think that acting is not less stressful than any other job, so if we all acted like that, humanity would have destroyed itself already.

And anyway if acting is THAT stressful, definately Bale's income isnt. No money is free.

Possibly the crewman was doing it wrong, but what if it had been a young apprentice on his 1st day, would he had acted like that too?

I was wondering who here might defend this idiot for his indefensible hissy fit.

I didn't expect it to be you.

sorry Vosk, you don't need to be defending him. Bale needs to apologize.

Bale is just an actor, he doesn't control the set, and he needs to learn his place. This was McG's duty to control his DP.

It's difficult to judge the entire situation from just this audio fragment. The DP apparantly did spoil a scene already at least once before, in that case I can understand that Bale is annoyed.

Btw it looks like this DP is not a very experienced guy indeed, judging from his cv.

I read something on Ain't-It-Cool indicating that the DP had essentially done something DPs (or any other crew member) should never do: gotten in the way of the filming of a major emotional scene.

Now, clearly, Bale is an a-hole. There's no getting around that. But if this DP was behaving in a way that interfered with the core of Bale's job, then he ought to have gotten chewed the f--k out. And McG should have taken the lead on it, rather than sit back like a chump and let the situation escalate into a full-blown farrago.

I say this not to defend Bale's actions, but to point out that there are two sides to every story, and it's a shame the second side of this one isn't getting more attention.

I read something on Ain't-It-Cool indicating that the DP had essentially done something DPs (or any other crew member) should never do: gotten in the way of the filming of a major emotional scene.

Now, clearly, Bale is an a-hole. There's no getting around that. But if this DP was behaving in a way that interfered with the core of Bale's job, then he ought to have gotten chewed the f--k out. And McG should have taken the lead on it, rather than sit back like a chump and let the situation escalate into a full-blown farrago.

I say this not to defend Bale's actions, but to point out that there are two sides to every story, and it's a shame the second side of this one isn't getting more attention.

Why does him yelling at some crewman automatically mean he's an asshole? The media is simply using this piece, out of context, for their own purposes for attention. No where does it state the emotional conditions that Bale was under at a time (promoting around the world, getting arrested for having an argument with his mom) nor are any outlet stressing that the scene was a highly emotional scene. He's a method actor; I'm sure if the same happened to Daniel Day Lewis a similar event would have transpired.

I'm not defending what was said, but rather simply using my mind and judgment to have an opinion of my own rather than what the media wants me to feel. There is no evidence that Bale didn't apologize to the DP, and there is no reason that he should have to make a public statement for something that happened months ago. Sites like TMZ exploit these situations in order to sensationalize and draw in people, but I refuse to be a pawn of their petty attempts at a career. They're not reporters, but simply scum who exploit others for their own benefits.