Christian Bale is an a$$*ole

Koray Savas

Well, everyone defending Bale, just think that acting is not less stressful than any other job, so if we all acted like that, humanity would have destroyed itself already.

And anyway if acting is THAT stressful, definately Bale's income isnt. No money is free.

Possibly the crewman was doing it wrong, but what if it had been a young apprentice on his 1st day, would he had acted like that too?

what a silly man ... who does he think he is ? and whats with the american accent ... the guys english!!!

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we really need another Williams score to talk about...threads like this are ridiculous.

For Bale: Anyone trying to do their job when a co-worker continues to mess it up would be understandably upset. I have gone off on co-workers (not swearing mind you) when the deliberately wasted my time.

Against Bale: the threats and expletives were excessive. I respect the actor but I do not know what to make of the man.

I read something on Ain't-It-Cool indicating that the DP had essentially done something DPs (or any other crew member) should never do: gotten in the way of the filming of a major emotional scene.

Now, clearly, Bale is an a-hole. There's no getting around that. But if this DP was behaving in a way that interfered with the core of Bale's job, then he ought to have gotten chewed the f--k out. And McG should have taken the lead on it, rather than sit back like a chump and let the situation escalate into a full-blown farrago.

I say this not to defend Bale's actions, but to point out that there are two sides to every story, and it's a shame the second side of this one isn't getting more attention.

Here's that article:

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39984

I'm not defending what was said, but rather simply using my mind and judgment to have an opinion of my own rather than what the media wants me to feel. There is no evidence that Bale didn't apologize to the DP, and there is no reason that he should have to make a public statement for something that happened months ago. Sites like TMZ exploit these situations in order to sensationalize and draw in people, but I refuse to be a pawn of their petty attempts at a career. They're not reporters, but simply scum who exploit others for their own benefits.

Yes, shows like TMZ and paparazzi exploitation is terrible. This is different. This isn't a bunch of people chasing Brad Garrett buying dog food.

I'm not defending what was said, but rather simply using my mind and judgment to have an opinion of my own rather than what the media wants me to feel. There is no evidence that Bale didn't apologize to the DP, and there is no reason that he should have to make a public statement for something that happened months ago. Sites like TMZ exploit these situations in order to sensationalize and draw in people, but I refuse to be a pawn of their petty attempts at a career. They're not reporters, but simply scum who exploit others for their own benefits.

Yes, shows like TMZ and paparazzi exploitation is terrible. This is different. This isn't a bunch of people chasing Brad Garrett buying dog food.

No. Its them taking an incident that happened at a person's job and exploiting it to attract attention. No different than if they got a recording of one of us going off at work.

Bale does need the broken coke bottle treatment. If Bale talked to me like that, he'd be tasting his own blood.

Bale does need the broken coke bottle treatment. If Bale talked to me like that, he'd be tasting his own blood.

I bet.

I lol'd:

Well the thing is that "DP" dude should have done that crap between takes and not while in the middle of a shoot. That's what pissed off Bale so much because he was always seen in the back ground. Frankly if you're gonna keep doing something again you're eventually gonna get yelled at. It seems I'm the only one backing up Christian Bale here as he had every right to go off on that guy. Ya the swearing was a bit much but I would have gone off on that guy too if I kept seeing him walking in the back ground on a set during shooting and ruining each take.

Even if the guy deserve to be yelled at, what Bale did was excessive and unnecessary. You'd think he'd accidentally fired a gun at Bale or something.

What I want to know if he pulled this as some sort of stunt or if he truly has an anger management problem. If it's the latter, I sorta feel bad for him. Doesn't excuse his behavior, of course.

I read something on Ain't-It-Cool indicating that the DP had essentially done something DPs (or any other crew member) should never do: gotten in the way of the filming of a major emotional scene.

Now, clearly, Bale is an a-hole. There's no getting around that. But if this DP was behaving in a way that interfered with the core of Bale's job, then he ought to have gotten chewed the f--k out. And McG should have taken the lead on it, rather than sit back like a chump and let the situation escalate into a full-blown farrago.

I say this not to defend Bale's actions, but to point out that there are two sides to every story, and it's a shame the second side of this one isn't getting more attention.

I ain't jumping on any bandwagon when I say Bale is a pr*ck. He was bang out of order and the director should've stepped in. Both sides of the "story" would give no justification for the behaviour either. So the DP made a big error and probably during a pivotal moment of filming, he didn't deserve that bullish brand of retribution. It's only a freaking movie, the DP didn't just punch Bale's mother in the face or something...

In the street, screaming at the wrong person like that can often end in deserved tears. That fact alone demonstrates Bale's idiocy.

Takes get spoiled by various things all the time. Laughing, weather, mistakes etc. The DP is being a pro, whether or not he made a mistake. Bale is just being unprofessional and wasting time and money. Bale's the one who injected unnecessary emotion into the process, and I bet it took him a while to get back into character. A true pro would get back on the horse for the sake of the production.

Just listened to the remix.... lololol. That was absolutely hilarious :rolleyes:

But I still maintain that while Bale was I'm sure, right to tell the DP he'd made a professional mistake, he was still wrong to do an outburst like that, and it sounds like he wasn't taking any authority from whoever said 'let's take a minute'. I think there's such a thing as getting a little too in character.

Maybe Bale thinks he's as tough as Batman. Who knows, maybe he is? The DP apologized repeatedly and that should have been good enough. Perhaps with Bale's upcoming court case, he was stressed out and more volatile than usual. That said, he was quite abrupt with a couple of tv interviewers during the press junket for The Dark Knight last year so perhaps he is just a miserable person.

It certainly is a bit extreme. But I've outburts similar in content, and I think they're quite understandable. The fact that the DP apologized doesn't make it okay. Many actors need to feel confident that what they're doing is the most important thing going on on the set at every moment. A DP should know better than to fiddle with lighting in the middle of a take. Bale certainly sounded stressed out about something more than the DP, though. Particularly towards the end of it, when it sounded like he was being held back from punching the guy.

Well assistant director and associate Bruce Franklin has gone on record with E! Online as to why Bale had that out burst.

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b81974_chri...inator_set.html

Apparently he was shooting a very emotional scene when that DP dude kept doing what he was doing but according to Bruce Franklin, Bale was fine the whole day until that incident then after that everything was fine. I still don't blame Bale for going off on the DP dude, he should have done that crap during takes and not while filming the scene.

Well assistant director and associate Bruce Franklin has gone on record with E! Online as to why Bale had that out burst.

http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b81974_chri...inator_set.html

Apparently he was shooting a very emotional scene when that DP dude kept doing what he was doing but according to Bruce Franklin, Bale was fine the whole day until that incident then after that everything was fine. I still don't blame Bale for going off on the DP dude, he should have done that crap during takes and not while filming the scene.

that makes you a hypocrite then.

Bad behaviour doesn't excuse more bad behaviour.

I wrote this, not to create an endless TALKBACK, but to express my opinion on the spreading of stories like this and making Christian look bad, when he isn't.

He Isnt? He definately has a 'dark side' (everyone of us has). A pretty flammable one.

The difference between Christian Bale's long profane and accusatory rant, and the rants of other people in any profession and walk of life, is that his got caught on tape for all to hear.

The difference between Christian Bale's long profane and accusatory rant, and the rants of other people in any profession and walk of life, is that his got caught on tape for all to hear.

thats not true, most people never have to encounter that kind of attitude.

I go off like Bale did at people when I play video games. Except no one hears me but me. Happened just earlier today actually lol. Stupid dumb eff just staring at the flag and not capturing it while I'm waiting to respawn <_<

It happens more often in the movie industry than you might think.

I think the film industry is the only industry where you won't get fired for going off like that.

Eh, it depends on the situation.

That's absolute rubbish, especially where the world of sports is concerned.

Funny how nobody here has condemned his use of explicit language, indeed some here have even expressed their enjoyment of the frankly brilliant dance remix, which is about as uncouth as music gets. I find it incredibly hypocritical, since this place is like a f*cking nursery most of the time.

Lee - who would actually dance to the remix if he heard it on a night out <_<

To me this is one of the biggest non issues and a waste of space on the message board. Sure it's good for a few laughs.

If you do some searching on the internet you will find some other classic actor blowups. It probably happens more often than we realize.

Knowing how mad I can get I probably would have done something similar.

That's absolute rubbish, especially where the world of sports is concerned.

that makes sense because as we all know the sports industry is a major employer in the world. what you wrote is rubbish.

yeah but I doubt you and I have ever had the law on our tails for "assaulting our mom and sister".

That's what happens when you are a celebrity (with loads more income than most professions and walks of life)

Don't you know when this potentially S**ty film opens that some critic will be the first to say Hey Christain Bale, your movie FU**ING SUCKS.

That would be funny, to see if the critic would cringe thinking that Bale would go nuts on him, too. Which he wouldn't because he wouldn't have just come out of character.

Well Crowe only threw a phone. Bale threatened to take down the entire set.

I just think that any so-called celebrities using violence or language to achieve something is abusing their status, and in this case, McG clearly didn't have the control he should have had over the set and his actors due to egos. Bale needs to be taken down a couple of pegs IMO.