New Video Interview with John Williams

Erik Woods

From Tommy Pearson host and producer of Stage and Screen:

Hi guys,

I've just returned from LA where I filmed long interviews with John Williams and James Horner. Although I talked to both about their relationship with the London Symphony Orchestra (parts of the interviews will be seen during the LSO - A Life in Film concert on the 4th April at the Barbican), I also took the opportunity to talk to them about their work generally.

Both exclusive interviews will be available to watch at Stage and Screen Online (www.stageandscreenonline.com) in the coming weeks.

But in the meantime, here's my 5 min promo for the LSO concert from John Williams which has been posted on the LSO's YouTube page:

Enjoy! Another promo, featuring James Horner, will appear there in a few days.

I also recorded 60 min audio interviews with John Powell, Cliff Eidelman and Trevor Rabin. So sign up at the site to get alerts! The interviews will be appearing in the next month.

Cheers,

TP

-Erik-

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Given the 5 minute sample:

I would rather pick every hair off my body one by one than listen to John Williams talk for 60 minutes.

His music is fantastic, but his speech is about as engaging as watching turtles race across the United States.

Given the 5 minute sample:

I would rather pick every hair off my body one by one than listen to John Williams talk for 60 minutes.

His music is fantastic, but his speech is about as engaging as watching turtles race across the United States.

James Horner, on the other hand, will probably say something innapropriate or outright scandalous, which I am already looking forward to.

I thought JW worked with LSO before SW. Wasn't Fiddler on the Roof performed by them? I recall a small snippet on that in the liner notes for the 30th anniversary album. But I can be wrong.

Karol

I thought JW worked with LSO before SW. Wasn't Fiddler on the Roof performed by them? I recall a small snippet on that in the liner notes for the 30th anniversary album. But I can be wrong.

Karol

In Star Wars DVD he said that SW had been his first opportunity to work with LSO.

Damn, forgot about this concert. I really should make the effort and get up there (an appearance from Williams himself would remove all question of course).

I have to agree with Blu though, I think JW's interview style leaves much to be desired unless you're after a cure for insomnia. Nice that it's in HD though :P

Ha-ha! I like that bit about Schindler's List and all the "better composers" being dead! Hilarious!

I never heard that one before, fun stuff!

But will anything new be said?

When did I become so cynical?

You've been hanging around me too long.

I'm so going to this concert.

I have to agree with Blu though, I think JW's interview style leaves much to be desired unless you're after a cure for insomnia. Nice that it's in HD though :)

I thought it was quite insightful, actually. Especially his expansion upon what sets the LSO apart from other orchestras (he's bang on about the wind tradition here in Britain).