Big Indy 4, Harry Potter and Star Wars Ep III news

JoeinAR

Chris Columbus may be out of Prisoner of Azkaban, and Natalie Portman may be in Star Wars Ep IV, the Super Special edition? You will need to scroll down to read the news.

So now maybe Spielberg may get involved with Prisoner after all. Although someone else is the hot property. But hot properties are often a bust.

Star Wars purist definetly have had another knife stuck through their hearts with this news. But no matter I will be buying the dvd's when they eventually come out, but Lucas can never take away the original memories I have.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's already screwed from the special edition, how can that make much difference..... I don't mind changes, if only they were good changes!

I would love to see Nat Portman in Episode IV. :mrgreen:

But come on the story takes place 30 years AFTER Ep. III, and I'm not gonna be okay watching a digitally aged Amidala! :twisted: But considering Amidala doesn't age at all (at least from 14 to 24, for the love fo the Emperor!!!!), it might be one of Lucas' great ideas, right up there with the midichlorians count and the infamous music edits.

-ROSS who's having a bad day

Um guys, the web site says Portman is going to be in Episode6, not episode 4.

Either way, shouldn't her character be dead either long before episodes4-6???

-Jason

Oh please, do we really need to see her in a flash back? I think it might work better without that.

Alfonso Cuaron directing Potter? That is very interesting. I loved A Little Princes, a masterpiece indeed.

Hector - who likes A Little Princess and Patrick Doyle's masterful score

I don't know why they have to mess around with the original trilogy anymore. I think the story line works fine without any flashback sequences or anything like that.

-Jason

I think he has to show her death somewhere, but a flashback that would probably be when Luke tells Leia he's her brother, too disruptive for the scene, very bad place to put it. Maybe it would make a good ending for Ep3.

Well, I think Leia shouldn't be mentioned in Ep. III.

My idea is that Portman is pregnant. Everyone thinks it's one baby only. Then halfway through the movie somebody (a doctor?) tells Amidala: "Oh, my God! They are twins!" Bottom line. The subject isn't touched again until ROTJ. :mrgreen:

That makes the watching of the whole saga a more pleasing view with some suspense and loose ends between a trilogy and the other.

Then again, this is George Lucas we are talking about . . . :)

A flashback would be totally out of place in a Star Wars movie. There's never been one in any of the 5 movies yet. I think this rumor's just what it is: a rumor.

Where is the Indy 4 news??

-Jason

Right here:

Indiana Jones 4: With recent rumours ramping up word that the fourth Indy film seems to be progressing quite fast, George Lucas has finally set the record straight with a quote he recently gave MTV.Com: "We're in the process of hiring a writer and hopefully we'll be able to start shooting ... not next year, but probably the year after. It'll take a while to write the script and all that sort of thing". Timewise this is in a logical line with last week's news that Darabont has just begun work on the script, but renders recent scouting and casting talk pretty much speculative (and looks like Sam Jackson was jumping the gun). Thanks to 'Chris'.

~Harry

Hold on, who started the flashback thing./ No one said it was going to be a flashback, did they? It could just be as simple as her standing with Anakin, Obi Wan, Yoda etc etc at the end. Who know's anything yet?! And I think it's not Episode 6, I think that's a miss print. I think it's episode 4. It makes more sense, or not....

I think anything said in this thread is purespeculation.To me,Indy 4 will never happen..and Amidala won't be in ROTJ.

K.M.

Having her in Episode IV doesn't make sense as Leia says that "She died when I was very young."

As for an Episode VI (Jedi) flashback . . . . . why would that be necessary? I wouldn't expect her to be shown as a spirit as she isn't a Jedi. Qui-Gon would be a better choice if you have to insert anyone.

Jeez, I'm reading this all over the net now. How can Amidala have ANY part in the original trilogy? I suppose she could appear in a hologram message, but when and why? Yeah, I think the why is very important in this. I wouldn't have a problem with putting Mcdiarmid in ESB however. I hope they do! Wonder what Mcdiarmid would do with the lines.

NP: Gotterdammerung: Act II (Richard Wagner)

There's some cut scenes from AOTC that explains how the Force is strong with her. Anakin starts joking her about it too.

I thought they had a damn script for Indy 4 already!!!

Didn't Spielberg say they ALREADY had a script?? Why the hell is Lucas saying they don't have a script yet??

-Rogue Leader who wishes Lucas would just post-pone the next tired prequel Episode III and concentrate on Indy 4 already.

No, Spielberg and Ford said they had a story by Lucas which all three liked and agreed upon. That's far from having a completed script.

I remenber in that c.1994 interview in TV Guide, Lucas said he had the script finished.... One thing I do not understand is, the film if it would have been done then, could have happened around 1943-45 or so... no the story has to happen around 1953 at least... and the more time passes the story should change!!! :evil:

Is that the script that was supposed to be about the Lost City of Atlantis, I wonder, or was that simply a rumor?

I think that was just a rumor, along with the story of Indy searching for Noah's Ark, the Garden of Eden, and some other things. Lucas did say that Indy is supposed to have a kid in #4, so we'll see how that turns out.

~Harry

Indiana Jones Jr.????

That better not be the damn case!!!!'

-Rogue Leader who GREATLY fears seeing a 10 year old Jake Lloyd back agaion as Indy's son screaming "Don't call me junior!".

I think it would be a great idea if Indy had a son! I've been saying this for years. Not a 10 yr old mind you, but a full grown one. Maybe Indy knew about him, maybe he didn't. Either way it totally completes the theme of father and son relationships seen in Last Crusade. It would be great to see the situation was reversed on Indy. I think it would be a pretty fun movie to watch.

I'm not sure who is supposed to play the role, but I don't think I like the idea. I don't think of Indy as a father, just an adventurer.

~Harry

Where is the Indy 4 news??

-Jason

Right here:

Indiana Jones 4: With recent rumours ramping up word that the fourth Indy film seems to be progressing quite fast, George Lucas has finally set the record straight with a quote he recently gave MTV.Com: "We're in the process of hiring a writer and hopefully we'll be able to start shooting ... not next year, but probably the year after. It'll take a while to write the script and all that sort of thing". Timewise this is in a logical line with last week's news that Darabont has just begun work on the script, but renders recent scouting and casting talk pretty much speculative (and looks like Sam Jackson was jumping the gun). Thanks to 'Chris'.

~Harry

Thanks alot Harry for posting that.

-Jason

Darabont might be doing the script with Lucas himself and there is a slight possibility that Indy could have a family.

Director - being vague

Does anyone remember that supposedly false script that floated around the net a few years ago? "Indiana Jones and the Sons of Darkness" I found it a very enjoyable read. :)

-Chris

I don't know who Darabont is.  Could someone tell me what he's worked on previously?

~Harry

Harry I bet you know who Frank Darabont is. He is the director of Shawshank Redemption and the Green Mile.

He has an affinity with the works of Stephen King and their translation to film. He has made 2 of the 4 or 5 best King works to ever be filmed.

Those are good films! Shawshank Redemption especially. Green Mile is a little too xfiles like :)

Indiana Jones Jr.????

That better not be the damn case!!!!'

-Rogue Leader who GREATLY fears seeing a 10 year old Jake Lloyd back again as Indy's son screaming "Don't call me junior!".

Didn't they already flirt with destroying the series in this manner with Short Round? Also, I think we've already had more of our share of "young Indy" with River Phoenix in LC and with the television series.

It's all about marketing. A studio's not going to put out ANY big-budget film these days, not even Indiana Jones, unless it's got all its bases covered. They're certainly not going to rely on the box office receipts of first-generation Indy-lovers, who are all on the verge of middle age at this point, many of them with families themselves. (Unless I'm very much mistaken, Harrison Ford is going is going to be 61 in July. 61!!!!!!!!) As with TPM, I'm sure Lucas and presumably Paramount will want a younger protagonist or sidekick to appeal to the teeny-boppers. These are the only people with enough time and disposable income to furnish that all-important repeat business.

Figo, cynical as hell -- but that doesn't make him incorrect.

Back when Lucas was filming TPM, I seem to remember him being quoted as saying that Portman's character was already in ROTJ. There was widespread speculation at the time that she was possibly Mon Mothma. I don't remember the exact quote but I do remember that he was reported as saying it. Personally, I think it's horrible idea to have her appear in any form in the original trilogy. Let her live after Episode III on Alderaan in some sort of secret exile and when ROTJ finally rolls around Leia tells us that she died a young sad death. That's much sadder than having her blown to pieces by the Death Star or having her pop-up as a surprise at the Ewok Celebration or killing her onscreen at the end of Ep. III. But then again, this is Lucas we're talking about. And to everyone who jumped down my throat back in April when I suggested that the Star Wars prequels would be better if Lucas would concentrate on the special effects and leave the directing and writign to someone else, please tell me that after AOTC you could see yourself agreeing with me. That film had such a good story but a weak script and boring directing. It could have been so much better. Here's hoping Spielberg will do Harry Potter 3.

And to everyone who jumped down my throat back in April when I suggested that the Star Wars prequels would be better if Lucas would concentrate on the special effects and leave the directing and writign to someone else, please tell me that after AOTC you could see yourself agreeing with me. That film had such a good story but a weak script and boring directing. It could have been so much better.  Here's hoping Spielberg will do Harry Potter 3.

Here's to hoping Spielberg will do Episode III also. You summed up what I've been saying for a while now, that someone needs to help Lucas in the directing department. We all agree his effects are awesome, but we don't agree that his directing talents are something to desire. Who better to direct, or even co-direct since I don't think Lucas will let anyone fully take over the director's chair, than Mr. Steven Spielberg. That, my friends, will be an awesome movie. :music:

~Harry, yes, Joe, I'm dreaming again :)

OK thats it! Someone get me a whip and a fedora I am gonna make this friggin movie my damn self!!!!!

-Rogue Leader who thinks he could make a better movie than Lucas.

:roll:

(insert Lucas laughter here), Rogue Leader. 'nuff said. :)

Harry: You gotta see The Shawshank Redemption and The Green Mile! Both were nominated for Best Picture (and deserved the nomination) and Shawshank is on many Top 10 lists.

They're both excellent films with excellent performances, excellent scripts, and impeccable scores. (Thomas Newman)

Darabont also directed the recent Jim Carrey ego-trip film, The Majestic (scored by Mark Isham because Newman was tied up with Road To Perdition and The Salton Sea). His latest film wasn't anything too special, but his first 2 are quite extraordinary. Check 'em out and tell me what you think.

Director - thinking that Horner wrote something very nice in To Gillian On Her 37th Birthday with "Gillian"....I wonder if that's him on the piano...

I suppose Amidala appears in the flashback when Luke tells Leia he is her brother. That seems very possible, as that is the only time she is ever mentioned in the original SW trilogy.

Another thing I think would be cool would be to add the spirits of Qui-Gon, Mace Windu and Ki-Adi Mundi in the final jedi sequence.