Jerry Goldsmith would have been 80 on 2/10/09

Hitch

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I miss him. His music is awesome but I'm saddened that we have not had any new Goldsmith since his passing. I'm sure his family misses him a lot more than just his music though so I'll stop complaining.

Eh, never really liked him. Happy birthday er-- Deathday or whatever anyways.

Ummm, that is awfully disrespectful.

Neil

Don't worry. Someday, Taikomochi will pass, and we can all wish him a happy death day, too. Karma comes around.

Very poor taste my friend. And totally unnecessary.

Don't worry. Someday, Taikomochi will pass, and we can all wish him a happy death day, too. Karma comes around.

And perhaps Jerry will be standing at the pearly gates waiting to "greet" him. :flameblob:

I'm about 20-30 years old than most of you. Find that unlikely, but I guess I could get into a car crash or something.

With the ten foot long blaster beam firmly in hand, I'm sure.

I'm about 20-30 years old than most of you. Find that unlikely, but I guess I could get into a car crash or something.

If you're 20-30 years older than the rest of us, please just show a little more respect that your maturity should have garnered upon you by now.

If you're 20-30 years older than the rest of us, please just show a little more respect that your maturity should have garnered upon you by now.

Well said. Taiko, how old do you think the lot of us are BTW? 10 years old? I think you will find that this board entertains a wide diversity of ages. If you are 30 years older than I, then you're pushing 70 old chap.

I suppose I was severely inappropriate, and for that I apologize. I shall listen to The Omen and Alien in his honor. Perhaps some First Contact.

I think he meant he was 20-30 years younger.

Then think nothing of it.

Well said. Taiko, how old do you think the lot of us are BTW? 10 years old? I think you will find that this board entertains a wide diversity of ages. If you are 30 years older than I, then you're pushing 70 old chap.

Oh sorry, I meant younger. I look stupid. pinch.gif

What an ***hole.

What an ***hole.

He apologized, let's move on.

Jerry's music truly lives on for the legions who enjoy discovering his many little gems. Just got a chance to hear the Swarm for the first time yesterday. Fantastic stuff! He poured his heart into it, no matter what the project.

One of the greatest film composers of our time. I still miss him, it was one of the few times I felt sadness over someone I'd never met.

One of the greatest film composers of our time. I still miss him, it was one of the few times I felt sadness over someone I'd never met.

I agree with this sentiment. Both Goldsmith and Kamen's passing truly affected me. Goldsmith because he was such a master of film scoring, Kamen because as good as he was, I think he was just scratching the surface of his abilities. :huh:

Yes, you do.

513623G3W5L._SS500_.jpg

Indeed, that would be my all-time favorite Goldsmith score. (My previous post, which was, more than anything else, a wink and nod, referred more to the poster's tagline.)

Happy Birthday Mister Goldsmith. Your memory will always live on in your music.

I'm lucky to share your birthday today. I wonder how many other people can say that?

This is one fan that truly misses him. You all know that I prefer Goldsmith's music over Williams any day of the week. I think today I will listen to either the complete score for Star Trek The Motion Picture or Star Trek Nemesis.

I miss Maestro Goldsmith very much , he was such a truly gentleman, very easy going despite he was a shy person, I have been visiting the Hillside Cimetery in Culver City, 3 years ago...

I got the famous 3 CDs StarTrek : The Motion Picture, I wish some day we can have an official release of this music ( 3CDs !!! ) with his OUTLAND complete score .

This kind of thread is kind of pointless. You can't wish someone dead a happy birthday. I find it morbid to celebrate a dead persons birthday. Thats for Elvis fans. Each of us can remember him in our own way. I have STTMP in my cd player in the car, but even just remembering him is enough

Somebody above listed some of the movies Goldsmith scored as a tribute to the great man and reading it makes one understand completely why some are hugely unaware of exactly what he contributed.

RIP Jerry Goldsmith: THE greatest 2nd placer of all time*.

*After Al Gore.