61 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

• Superman: The Movie
    • Star Trek: The Motion Picture

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its only 11 weeks and 2 days till the films releases, and likely 10 weeks and 6 days to the score hits the stores,

sorry you have to wait longer

Nope, not even close.

Because in the books, Kirk was resurrected by the Borg to infiltrate Starfleet, but Spock and a super-old McCoy teamed up with the Enterprise E crew to save him, after Spock was able to mind meld both he and Picard to use his Borg heritage to "fix" Kirk. Then they destroyed the Borg homeworld, which was revealed to be the V'Ger homeworld as well.

In the canon, Kirk died on Veridian III. End of story.

Star Wars novels are considered second or third level canon, but Trek books are not.

I'm looking forward to the score more than the film. I like the new Enterprise, but the trailers haven't convinced me yet.

The new Enterprise is my first clue that something is going to be very wrong here. Now, I'm supposed to be convinced that the Constitution Class ships went through 3 major redesigns and refits? Yeah, that's a problem...

Well since this somewhat of a re-boot this is how the Enterprise looked from the beginning of this particular series.

I would forget about how it looked in the original series. Much like the Klingons appearing in ST:TMP with a completely different look, changes are made for movies. When TNG had their first film they added a few more seats to the bridge that weren't there on the TV series.

10 movies, 5 series TV series and countless books have already screwed up the canon enough. 1 more film ain't gonna hurt it.

Are the novels even considered canon?

Depends on who you talk to. But the point is it's already messed up regardless.

Star Trek novels are not canon, they are interesting none the less. They are almost always better written than the Star Wars books which BAD doesn't begin to describe.