What are the worst John Williams scored films, not the

JoeinAR

I didn't want to be a deer hunter after watching Bambi. I wanted to be a rabbit hunter, too.

especially after Night of the Lepus.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey you've seen some of my figures, imagine many more and almost all of them bought as an adult.

Nothing wrong with it.

Yeah, I've got tons of them.

And you are even married. Yes! there is light at the end of the tunnel...

My wife encourages it. It was her that bought me the Sideshow Darth Vader premium format statue.

These were my favorites, and I still have them all.

ps_dd1.jpg

I had bought those for my kids, I should have kept them..... ;)

Oh wow! I remember having the T-rex and Pachycephalosaurus from that collection. Good times...

I loved my toys, so they're in far from perfect condition. The Ultrasaurus' hut for its back broke and was discarded; the Struthiomimus' arm joints broke, so a pushpin keeps them in place; nearly all of the Stegosaurus' plates broke off and were lost, so it's a rather naked looking thing now. Oh, and the dinosaurs' paint wore off because I played with them on a rock base, and also liked to have them fight.

But the Paurasaurolophus was always my favorite.

I always loved the epic Battle of Jurassic Park between the Imperial forces and the rampaging dinosaurs. The battle, if I remember correctly, took place immediately after Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and right before naptime.

I always loved the epic Battle of Jurassic Park between the Imperial forces and the rampaging dinosaurs. The battle, if I remember correctly, took place immediately after Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back and right before naptime.

What?! Are smoking dope and the posting again?

especially after Night of the Lepus.

OMG! I'm not the only person on this planet that's seen that movie!

Shows how much fun you had with your action figures when you were five years old....

Shows how much fun you had with your action figures when you were five years old....

I was playing with Transformers when I was 5 years old and the only dinosaurs they ever fought were the Dinobots.

Oh, right, I was born after the Transformers craze....My apologies.

"Nick", who never understood the appeal of Transformers

Appeal!!!? That transformed!! It was so cool!! And they transformed into guns before it was politically incorrect to play with toy guns! I loved them. THEN the cartoon series to go with. Well, that was just the icing on the cake.

Alright, back on topic.

Since this is not a "worse of Speilberg" thread, none of his movies will appear in my bottom three JW movies. Because none of the films they've collaborated on have been as bad as....

Star Wars - Episode II: Attack of the Clones

SpaceCamp

Heartbeeps

JFK for the crazy conspiracy crap perhaps, its not a worthy entry here but its got problems. Costner isn't one of them.

Oh, right. Whoops.

Well, I have not seen all too many John Williams films, but I remember distinctly disliking JFK and The Patriot.

The Patriot I can understand, but why JFK?

As Joey said, I am not fond of the whole conspiracy thing, and I just found the film to be uninteresting. Keep in mind that I have not seen (or at least do not recall seeing) at least 85% of the films John Williams scored, so that film may or may remain on my list were circumstances different.

Hmm. I think you should give JFK a second chance; the movie is far too complex and chaotic to be uninteresting, but I understand personal tastes are different.

I certainly will, but keep in mind that I am not a fan of Oliver Stone.

Midway is not a terrible JW score by any means, nor is it worth listening to all the time but the movie is such a mess.

Between the unbelievable love story to all the poorly put together war footage and effects footage.

I guess it never occured to anyone in the making of the film that authenticity would have been nice.

There were no Avengers in the battle of Midway, and there were no Japanese Kamakaze attacks at the Battle of Midway, and it would have been impossible for Charlton Heston to have crashed his plane as he did on the carrier since Hellcats didn't fight at Midway either.

Sloppy filmmaking like that does make Midway one of the worst films scored by JW.

There were no Avengers in the battle of Midway

According to my books it was the 1st battle of that aircraft...

I dont rembember the movie, but if you mean that in the movie they appear on deck, while they launched from Midway or that there is more than 6 of them, then you are partially correct.

Easily 1941. It's a complete mess, and Spielberg's worst.

I don't get why everyone always disses 1941 so much. It's not an amazing film, but I thought it was pretty funny.

Actually, you're are both wrong. It IS an amazing film. It is georgeous to look at, and to listen to, and the effects are, to this day, some of the very best I have ever seen. Yes, it is long (especially the 2 1/2hour dvd cut), but there is a lot to recommend in this movie. Just give it another chance, and if you don't agree with me, then you can take your Third Reich, and shove it up your a**e!