70 members have voted

1. 1. Now let's be honest, Captain. From one warrior to another

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I'm not a fan, but I don't mind some of it.

I do like watching the older episodes, which are charming in their own way. Some of the movies are entertaining enough, as were some NG episodes. I quite liked Voyager and very nearly got into it, but then I remembered that I'm not enough of a fan to stick with it. Oh and I'll probably go to see the new movie, if the reviews are good.

Trekkies on the other hand are mostly horrid little creatures who should be rounded up and shot.

Those of you who are not familiar with DS9, Voyager and Enterprise, I recommend that you check them out. Keep an open mind when watching the series especially for Voyager and Enterprise. I know a lot of people didn't like Voyager all that well but I for one loved it from beginning to end. Ya there were some rather boring episodes but TNG, DS9 and Enterprise had their fair share of boring episodes.

To me DS9 is the best Star Trek series there is.

Trekkies on the other hand are mostly horrid little creatures who should be rounded up and shot.

Um okay what ever.

Those Star Trek conventions are scary, and you can tell the recession is starting to hit them. I saw one where the so-called Starship Enterprise was just an RV wrapped in aluminum foil.

YES. Proudly. As evidenced by my legitimate copy of Ol' Yellow Eyes Is Back.

Ray? Not a Trek fan? Really? Are you a horn player or aren't you? :P

I'm just now getting into Enterprise and am actually quite enjoying it. I wasn't expecting to!

As geek properties, they're even.

Nah, Star Wars has never reached the fantastic heights of Trek in terms of geekiness. Star Trek is really the epitome of geekiness in terms of entertainment, I can't think of one film/TV show/franchise that is more geeky.

Nah, Star Wars has never reached the fantastic heights of Trek in terms of geekiness. Star Trek is really the epitome of geekiness in terms of entertainment, I can't think of one film/TV show/franchise that is more geeky.

I don't think Quint meant it that way, but in terms of actual nerd terms, SW is there now. It hasn't been cool for a while.

I'd say they're both even in terms of how fanatic their legions of die-hard geeky fans will go to publicly demonstrate their love of their fictional universe of choice. For crying out loud, there is an organized Jedi church in England. Shatner may have two specials on Trekkies, but I don't think anybody sits down and practices Bajoran religions based on DS9...not even Stef.

I don't think Quint meant it that way, but in terms of actual nerd terms, SW is there now. It hasn't been cool for a while.

Oh, SW is definitely geeky. Just not to the extent of ST.

No, Star Wars has surpassed Star Trek. Just listen to

. Dressing up as a character from the "Expanded Universe" is the bottom of the barrel.

By the way, that clip may not be safe for work. It's a clip from the Howard Stern show.

Neil

1 Orion slave girl is tame compared to the number of girls on the Leia's Bikini page.

In fact some of them have no business posing in one.

It's not something I think I want to look through. Too much gold bikini cannot be a good thing.

This guy looks strangely familiar...

004pq61e.jpg

And this looks like a fun way to mix your sci-fi worlds:

004w2c4z.jpg

I never realised The Kurgan was a SW nerd.

Dressing up as a character from the "Expanded Universe" is the bottom of the barrel.

I'm still not convinced it's any worse than dressing as Trip Tucker or Harry Kim or Captain Janeway.

Dressing up as a character from the "Expanded Universe" is the bottom of the barrel.

I'm still not convinced it's any worse than dressing as Trip Tucker or Harry Kim or Captain Janeway.

Oh no, it is. Those are recognizable mainstream characters. These other guys are made up for the books and you have to be super hardcore to know who they are. I was proud that I didn't know who Darth Nihilus was until the Stern show bit.

Neil

Oh no, it is. Those are recognizable mainstream characters. These other guys are made up for the books and you have to be super hardcore to know who they are. I was proud that I didn't know who Darth Nihilus was until the Stern show bit.

Neil

I agree to an extent. However, Nihilius is from the video game Knights of the Old Republic II, so he's a little more mainstream than most of the other EU materials.

I think what I was going for is that Voyager and Enterprise suck as much as the SW EU. Which I think is mostly true. To me they always felt like ST EU.

Neil

I agree to an extent. However, Nihilius is from the video game Knights of the Old Republic II, so he's a little more mainstream than most of the other EU materials.

I think what I was going for is that Voyager and Enterprise suck as much as the SW EU. Which I think is mostly true. To me they always felt like ST EU.

if the character is not from the films, then the character is not mainstream, thats just too geeky, or nerdy, whichever applies.

You know you're at a bad Star Trek convention when you count the number of Spock ear's and get an odd number.

Neil

if the character is not from the films, then the character is not mainstream, thats just too geeky, or nerdy, whichever applies.

I didn't say he was mainstream.

Well i find it geekier dressing as one background alien form the Star Wars cantina than lets say, Mara Jade.

Not too old Luke, too uncaring, not one character in the prequels is worth me investing time or care.