What the hell is taking them so long!!

I mean, this project has been in the works at least since c.1993, when I saw an article on a TV Guide and a Starlog magazine, I remember:

1994 Deep Impact- Steven Spielberg

1995 Indiana Jones 4 - S Spielberg

1997 Jurassic Park 2

1997 Star Wars Episode I

and they're always saying they need to have their schedule for the three of them (Lucas-Spielberg-Ford) to be able to work together. All this time they haven't been able to do it? in 1995 they should have said... I'm clear for 2000 and agree to do it then! I mean, time is of the esence!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I want Indy 4, and I want it NOW. Enough with this waiting. They should just put everything on hold, and make the damn movie. The Star Wars fans can wait five or six more years for Episode III. I know I can, as long as they give us Indy 4. LOL

-Jason

When considering another Indiana Jones movie, I find myself looking forward to the score, more so than the actual movie. What about you guys?

BTW, is Spielberg's name next to Deep Impace because it was DreamWorks? I'm pretty sure he didn't direct or produce it.

EDIT: Well slap me dead, he DID Executive Produce it, and James Horner scored it. I liked Armageddon better. *shrug*

I remeber very clearly that when Jurassic Park came out, in Entertaintment Today they said Spielberg´s next film would be Deep Impact. And I always remembered that name. But Spielberg (and Williams) took a break from movies after Schindler´s List, so...

Yeah - he chose to serve as EP and go against Disney with it. Same thing they did a year or two later with Antz and A Bug's Life. At least now they're doing different stories with different looks.

However, I thought Mimi Leder did a great job with Deep Impact and I think Horner did "OK" (as usual) with the score. I'm happy Johnny did Sabrina and Nixon.

AND -- I CANNOT WAIT 5 or 6 years for Episode III! I'm about to show up at Skywalker Ranch and speed production up so they start shooting this winter, not next summer.

George can direct Episode III and produce Indy 4 at the same time, but he's a very controlling person, so he wants to make sure that Steve "gets it right".

If only Steve would show up on a SW set....

Director - :?

Why does everyone want Indy IV so badly? I love the films (Raiders is my favorite film of all time) yet I don't feel this great need for a fourth film. The third one ended perfectly (riding off into the sunset) as it was intended to be the last one of the series. A fourth one would negate that wonderful ending.

Neil - who would still be first in-line for a new Indiana Jones film

Agreed with Neil, on all counts.

Figo, wondering if no one remembers when Sean Connery returned to play Bond, in "Never Say Never Again." :)

Because, all the indy films have been great, and people can hardly wait for another!

Why does everyone want Indy IV so badly?  I love the films (Raiders is my favorite film of all time) yet I don't feel this great need for a fourth film.  The third one ended perfectly (riding off into the sunset) as it was intended to be the last one of the series.  A fourth one would negate that wonderful ending.

Neil - who would still be first in-line for a new Indiana Jones film

I know Neil, the third one ended perfectly... and I would not be expecting a new Indy film, but since Lucas said he had a script for a fourth movie and Harrison Ford says he wants to do Jones again, heck, then do it already, they already got us all riled up! :mad: and for what? So they can say, "ah, we won't do it".

I cxould not agree more! They REALLY need to make this friggin thing already. I mean what the hell is the hold up???

Someone need to give Spielberg and Lucas a HARD kick in the ass and get them to friggin start filming already.

-Rogue LEader who thinks Steven and George need to get their damn priorities straight!

Figo: Yes, I remember. That was with Kim Basinger, right? Or was it Daryl Hannah? I forget....

Yes, Neil....Indy 3 did end wonderfully, but Indy 4 is an awesome idea, don't you think? It's as if we said "goodbye" 14 years ago and now we're just stopping by to see how they're doing.

Plus - it's a great opportunity for Harrison to "get back in the saddle again" and for George and Steven to do something together --- they've wanted that for years now.

Director - who thinks Steven has his priorities straight, as does George

I agree with Neil that The Last Crusade ended perfectly, a la Zorro riding off into the sunset. "The Indiana Jones Trilogy" has a nice ring to it, and "the Indiana Jones Quadrilogy" or whatever you'd call it is just hard to say.

Sure, I'd go see a fourth Indy film, if only for the score and the classic humor and action of an Indy film.

My fear is that Lucas might try to "Episode I"-ize Indy, but I'm hoping that Spielberg wouldn't let that happen.

But my question is, what the hell is he going to be looking for this time that he hasn't already found in a previous film or video game?

Darth Wojo - Who would like to see Indy take the Ark of the Covenant out of that government box and do something with it, like radio God or something.