New Varese Club Batch

Trent B

CD CLUB 2009!

Date: 3/19/2009

Back for another year, the Varèse Sarabande CD Club returns on March 23 with a film music quartet that will hopefully offer a little something for everyone. Three different decades are represented among the four releases. See you then!

Just a heads up for everyone here...looks like we're getting four releases next week from Varese. I wonder what they'll include.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a winner!

ahem

There are a couple of 90s scores I've heard rumours of appearing soon, so unlike last batch (when I completely unrealistically hoped for Spidey 3) I can't wait for the 23rd...

a complete Signs, a complete Darkness falls, Howard Shores King Kong, and the original release of Star Wars?

Sorry, I may be missing something or out of the loop, but why are you guys confident that Back to the Future will be in the bunch from Varese?

90's? They recently released the Elmer Bernstein Disney box...they've released Poledouris before.

Gotta be The Jungle Book! w00t!!!

It was a tongue-in-cheek, flippant remark, but they're all connected to Disney, even if not released under the Disney logo, right? I seem to remember that being the case.

I don't know what people on this forum think of Leonard Rosenman's score for Robocop 2, but, as it is one of my favorites, it would be great news if a Deluxe Edition of the score was included as part of the batch.

I'll put a rare serious comment in the speculation too: once again, I'd love nothing more than an expanded/complete Williams Dracula. But I'll be happy if it's anything I want to get.

If it's got something from the 90's, it better be something good. I think the latest they've ever gone is 1999 with The Matrix.

Trying to think what it could be and I've decided....it's.....IT'S...

THE LIBYANS!!!!

1 - Leonard Rosenman : Countdown

2 - Michael Small : The postman always rings twice

3 - Michael Kamen : The Last Boyscout

4 - John Williams : Dracula - Deluxe edition

I hope at least one of it will be on the batch...

a complete Signs, a complete Darkness falls, Howard Shores King Kong, and the original release of Star Wars?

A rather odd collection of choices, and I'd buy two of those if it was...

The release of the Matrix shows I think that the likely cut off point is the millennium. The particular score I'm hoping for (to describe Intrada fashion) was a late 90s score that's a blast!.

More Elmer Bernstein and Bill Conti and no doubt another 1,000 grab-it-while-it's-hot limited edition score by some obscure composer.

Elmer Bernstein is always welcome. I wonder if a Rocky box set is in the works? I would love to have the original tracks to The Right Stuff.

The Right Stuff is way long overdue a deluxe treatment. I'd like to see another Horner score in there....we've had Project X and Commando already. I'd love to see an expanded Cocoon or Willow.

I never bought Project X or Commando. How are they?

I'm a big fan of ST2 & 3, Rocketter, Willow, and Krull.... would I like PX and C?

I never bought Project X or Commando. How are they?

I'm a big fan of ST2 & 3, Rocketter, Willow, and Krull.... would I like PX and C?

I just recently bought Project X. It's a pretty good score.

The Right Stuff is way long overdue a deluxe treatment. I'd like to see another Horner score in there....we've had Project X and Commando already. I'd love to see an expanded Cocoon or Willow.

Right Stuff might be overdue any kind of treatment but how much actual score outside those synth Holst quotes there is in the film. 20 minutes?

Not that having those 20 minutes released would be awful or anything :P

Oooh, I'd buy that if it was absolutely 150% complete with all the alternate cues that sound 'distant' on the boot.

It's one of a cluster of Varese 1997 releases that I'd really like to own legitimately and complete, along with Air Force One and Dante's Peak, which all received truly pathetic 30 minute albums due to reuse fees.

Dante's Peak is the one that myself and another member have heard reliable rumours of surfacing this year from Varese. Probably an obscure 'meh...' for a lot of people, but it would be one of my biggest grails ticked off, so this weekend is gonna go really slowly.

I'd want the chance to buy Ghostbusters or Conan again, since I missed the boat the first time. But not at the expense of getting releases of material that hasn't seen the light of day before.

I'd want the chance to buy Ghostbusters or Conan again, since I missed the boat the first time. But not at the expense of getting releases of material that hasn't seen the light of day before.

...could they.... would they release Ghostbusters again? I'd like to own it legitimately, but have hemmed and hawed over ebay prices.

I found the second score in a bootleg form on a website to stream, and even without the sound effects and poor quality, I didn't hear anything musically interesting enough to bump it ahead of the first movie.