New Varese Club Batch

Trent B

Dante's Peak is the one that myself and another member have heard reliable rumours of surfacing this year from Varese. Probably an obscure 'meh...' for a lot of people, but it would be one of my biggest grails ticked off, so this weekend is gonna go really slowly.

I so agree; was so disappointed when I bought the original Dante's Peak CD - there were quite a number of good cues that didn't make it (no surprise given the pathetic length). I was particularly fond of the music for the helicopter flight to the crater (before the eruption)...

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found the second score in a bootleg form on a website to stream, and even without the sound effects and poor quality, I didn't hear anything musically interesting enough to bump it ahead of the first movie.

No, most of the score centers around a somewhat cliched heroic theme.

Of course this could be like the first film and there is some missing material that was dialed out of the film in favor of songs.

But it is Randy Edelman.....

Anybody here staying up/waiting up for these tonight? Is this the kind of deal where if I check at 6 AM everything will be sold out?

Anybody here staying up/waiting up for these tonight? Is this the kind of deal where if I check at 6 AM everything will be sold out?

No I never stay up, I've never seen one sell out before 12:00pm central time on Monday.

I thought about that, but you people at that end of the country already have an overinflated sense of self-importance. I don't want to fan the flames. ;)

You should want it midnight EST, because then it would be around 10:30pm for you, and 9pm for the West coast folks.

I thought about that, but you people at that end of the country already have an overinflated sense of self-importance. I don't want to fan the flames. ;)

You should want it midnight EST, because then it would be around 10:30pm for you, and 9pm for the West coast folks.

10:30??????

Do you even know your time zones?

10:30??????

Do you even know your time zones?

There's a 3 hour difference from coast to coast. If it's 12 midnight for me, it's 9pm Pacific time. Texas is pretty much in the middle of the country. It's not close enough for a 1 hour difference, but it's not far enough for a 2 hour difference.

Seriously????

Koray, Texas is on Central time. We are an hour behind Eastern time and two hours ahead of Pacific time.

What the hell are they teaching you people in school these days?

No grail for me of any kind. Where is the BTTF......?

Anyway, I could save some pocket money. Any after a month if they are still available, I might pick up the Barry and the Nightwing.

Besides, I am not familiar with any of these titles.

The new titles are...

Russkie's limited to 1,000 copies.

Lure Of The Wilderness limited to 1,000 copies.

Nightwing limited to 1,500 copies.

Hanover Street limited to 3,000 copies.

Well these I can all happily pass on. Congrats to those who would want them.

Yup. Once again. Nothing exciting there. yawn ;)

The new titles are...

Russkie's limited to 1,000 copies.

Lure Of The Wilderness limited to 1,000 copies.

Nightwing limited to 1,500 copies.

Hanover Street limited to 3,000 copies.

Well these I can all happily pass on. Congrats to those who would want them.

Yup. Once again. Nothing exciting there. yawn ;)

I wouldn't say "nothing exciting". Night Wing is great, though I will have to pass this time on all.

I've never heard of any of these. But I am liking the samples. Those main titles from the Mancini sound very promising to me.

EDIT: Okay, I'm definitely getting the Mancini. JNH is out of consideration for the synths. The Waxman doesn't really sound that exciting, and the Barry one sounds like vintage sprawling Barry...but I'm not such a big fan. The Mancini one sounds fantastic though.

Why are SAE's prices all over the place?

Hanover $24.95

Nightwing $24.95

Lure $24.95

Russkies $18.95

;)

Really considering Nightwing just because I enjoyed Mancini's Lifeforce...

Ah, I see.

Broke down and ordered Nightwing. May pick up Hanover Street later because I am a sucker for romantic Barry stuff and for well packaged CD's.

Taking a listen to the rest of the samples, and now that I'm actually awake, Nightwing actually sounds quite good, so I think I'm going to take a risk and order that one.

I briefly considered Russkies, since I know that's an early JNH score, but as soon as the samples revealed it was completely synth, that was out.

I'll probably end up doing a SAE combo, with Nightwing, Duplicity, Honey I Shrunk the kids and The Betrayal. I've heard no samples from the last one, but it sounds like it's right up my alley.

Yes!!!!!!

Hanover Street finally!!!!!

And Nightwing is a pleasant suprise, there was a recent discussion at FSM about this this score getting released.

I wanted to get the Waxman as well but since I really want Mask Of The Phantasm tomorrow, I passed.

I should look up more from Mancini too.

I highly recommend Lifeforce if you haven't yet heard it. It's limited to 3000 but still available.

Pass x4. I'm glad I didn't stay up for the announcement.

I always laugh when people complain about having to stay up for these announcements.

I really can't see any reason why anyone should have to stay up all night to get them. I can understand staying up if you are in the Pacific time Zone or it's 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm in your time zone.

If the announcement falls between 12:00am to 7:00 am in your zone, they will be there in the morning when you wake up.