New Varese Club Batch

Trent B

Pass x4. I'm glad I didn't stay up for the announcement.

I always laugh when people complain about having to stay up for these announcements.

I really can't see any reason why anyone should have to stay up all night to get them. I can understand staying up if you are in the Pacific time Zone or it's 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm in your time zone.

If the announcement falls between 12:00am to 7:00 am in your zone, they will be there in the morning when you wake up.

Come on, admit it. You couldn't sleep you were so anxious to hear what the releases would be. ;)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only time I check the computer for the club releases are when I have to let the dogs out or mother nature calls in the early morning.

I will admit to ordering the Goldsmith box set at 3:00 am when it was released. I was still groggy and didn't have to think about the purchase. ;)

I listened to the Nightwing samples. I dunno I may get it, I may not...though I doubt I will. I'm all ready spending a lot next month for CD's from Peter. Plus we still have Intrada's releases next Monday (the 30th), all though I suspect there won't be anything from that batch I'd want.

LaLaLand's announcement will be 12:00 pm Pacific time for those in the states.

If it's a Vol. 4 for Farscape I'll just about wet my pants. And be the only here who cares, but I don't care. :o

And Nightwing now has less than 100 left. That's why I listened to the samples and ordered it as soon as I got a chance at work this morning - I've heard how fast some of these sell out. I've never bought blind before (and I've only heard about 4 tracks from Batman, so there's another one) so I've got a couple of very exciting days ahead.

I wouldn't be too bummed Koray, from the samples Russkies is absolutely nothing like even his scores from 4 or 5 years forward. With a few exceptions, I'm not really into JNH's work until about '93/94.

LaLaLand's announcement will be 12:00 pm Pacific time for those in the states.

If it's a Vol. 4 for Farscape I'll just about wet my pants. And be the only here who cares, but I don't care. :D

On what date will LaLaLand make their announcement?

I wouldn't be too bummed Koray, from the samples Russkies is absolutely nothing like even his scores from 4 or 5 years forward. With a few exceptions, I'm not really into JNH's work until about '93/94.

Yeah I know, but it'd be nice to add another JNH score to my collection along with Duplicity. I'm kinda glad it sold out, there are so many other things I want to buy.

I'm not going for Duplicity either. Just not my type of score.

And Nightwing is gone too now. Only that John Barry one still there with 3000 copies.

I really can't see any reason why anyone should have to stay up all night to get them. I can understand staying up if you are in the Pacific time Zone or it's 10:00 pm or 11:00 pm in your time zone.

If the announcement falls between 12:00am to 7:00 am in your zone, they will be there in the morning when you wake up.

We in the UK are quite fortunate in that respect. Varese's announcement is 8am so perfect for looking before work, and Intrada is 1.15am, which is a little before I go to bed on a late night. La La Land is even better, with respect to MotP, being 8pm here.

Mancini, Howard and Waxman all gone at Varese, but for those interested, SAE still has all three in stock (though I'm sure not for long).

Hehehe. Go Koray!

I guess it's a small quantity panic that's distracting from what I understand to be a popular Barry one.

Gotta say, I didn't expect three to be gone by the end of the day though.

Understandable. It's a bit annoying that these releases force us to make very fast decisions, especially for those whose finances are tight, but I guess that's life.

I only went with Nightwing because I like all of the samples and I'm really, really trying to get into older scores/composers. Plus I want to support Varese/Intrada/LaLaLand as much as possible particularly in the current climate (and I'm patiently waiting for a grail to appear one day :D).

You could try MovieMusic also. They still show the Mancini as being available for pre-order, but part of that schpiel is the refund if it's no longer available like they thought it would be.

Sorry Trent, if you wanted to get that little commercial in there for your buddy.

For those not interested in the latest Varese Club batch, their upcoming releases include Harry Gregson-Williams' X-Men Origins: Wolverine for 28 April and Michael Giacchino's Star Trek for early May. Both of these are high on my want list.

Intrada has a bunch of new ones on their site already as it stands, so are they releasing more next week?

Uh ya they are. Everyone knows by now that Intrada does releases every 2 weeks.

I gotta love Monday mornings that I don't have to work early. Thankfully I can get to stay up for when these get released. I'd be unhappy to of missed any of them. The Howard is one I've wanted for awhile, the samples for the Waxman and Mancini were good enough to warrant a purchase. But that Barry! OH MY! I was so happy. So, I got all of em.

And they are...

HANOVER STREET - JOHN BARRY

NIGHTWING - HENRY MANCINI

LURE OF THE WILDERNESS - FRANZ WAXMAN

RUSSKIES - JAMES NEWTON HOWARD

Certainly interested in the Barry and Waxman...

Ordered Barry, Mancini and Newton Howard, as well as Cmiral's Ronin. :)

Apparently from the samples on Russkies, I decided to buy the score. However I watched the movie last night and realized . . . I don't like it that much. As such, I e-mailed Varese and asked them if they could remove it from my order. Money well saved to be spent on better things . . . like food.

I realized that after I already made the request. Somehow I thought that Koray got it at another site . . . but apparently the way I thought I saw the posts was in a different order. Sorry Koray.

• 1 month later...
Ordered Barry, Mancini and Newton Howard, as well as Cmiral's Ronin. :)

At this moment, I like Ronin the most. :P:lol:

What do you guys think of Barry, those of you who ordered that one? To me, it sounds like a 95 % Bond (especially Moonraker), it almost sounds like a J. H. or H. Z. job. :lol::P

If you're talking about Hanover Street, to me it sounds a lot like Dances with Wolves. I've never heard any of Barry's Bond scores, nor watched any of the flicks he scored, but considering Hanover Street was scored in the late 70s, that fits the time period so I'm not surprised. I like the score, though I wouldn't say it sounds anything like a JH or HZ job. The love theme is too honest.

I've never heard any of Barry's Bond scores, nor watched any of the flicks he scored, but [...]

That's kind of hard to believe, but OK. :lol: You're definitely right about Dances With Wolves, that's what I actually wanted to say - it sounds like DWW and Moonraker combined. Otherwise, I also find the score likeable and my quip about "a JH or HZ job" was nothing more than that, but I remain of opinion that later on, Barry drew heavily from this one for both aforementioned movies.

Yes, Hanover Street does sound like a few Barry scores that were either prior to the film or follwed it.