What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

I liked the film when I was in college, no idea how I'd feel about it now

I guess the Keanu character wouldn't figure out the Pacino character is the devil until sometime around the Season 3 finale or so?

I guess the Keanu character wouldn't figure out the Pacino character is the devil until sometime around the Season 3 finale or so?

Yup, and the final season would be dedicated to beating the devil :devil:

Never saw that show. Was it good? I like Bret Harrison and Tyler Lebine.

In other news, one of Tina Fey's 2 new show gets rejected by Fox

http://www.avclub.com/article/fox-rejects-tina-feys-cabot-college-208287

Tonight's the season finale of Nathan for You, which has enjoyed a second season as strong as its first, though the audacity of "The Claw of Shame" remains untouched.

In other news, the Sundance Channel's meditative, slow-burning drama Rectify -- watched by almost no one but adored by the few who do -- has been renewed for a shorter third season run. Ostensibly a murder mystery, the show has been in no hurry to deliver answers, preferring to delve into the sinuous mind of its unpredictable protagonist and trace the lineaments of grace and redemption. If you salivate over such things -- and who doesn't, really? -- I highly recommend it.

Never saw that show. Was it good? I like Bret Harrison and Tyler Lebine.

It's fun enough, and I think you'd like it, but it's not a "must-watch" show. More of a "to watch if you're not following any show at the moment" kind of show.

The Wire, Season 1

First time watching it. It takes its time, but rewards you with a very satisfying pay-off. This is indeed great television.

The Wire, Season 1

First time watching it. It takes its time, but rewards you very satisfying pay-off. This is indeed great television.

On my watchlist. And Treme, too.

I unfortunately know about the big shock moment later on in The Wire, which pretty much put me off ever watching it. I love those big powerful moments of drama, and it'd just bug me while I was slowly making my way towards it, the power all lost.

I finished Deep Space Nine...again. Never forget Benjamin Sisko, Emissary to the Prophets. He fell into a fiery abyss for us. You know what that means. Time to watch it all over again.

I unfortunately know about the big shock moment later on in The Wire, which pretty much put me off ever watching it. I love those big powerful moments of drama, and it'd just bug me while I was slowly making my way towards it, the power all lost.

What big shock moment? This it not that kind of TV. I think everyone that saw The Wire would find it strange that a person would not watch the show because he happens to know of one single event. It's not even an 'event' or "what happens next" show. Events are dull. Really, you'll miss out on all the great stuff. And for what? For one little story-ish thing? You know, I rewatch movies or TV shows (Deadwood) and if they are truly great, I can enjoy them even more, even though I know their story from A to Z.

Alex

I recently discovered a Canadian show called Continuum. Not only does it have the lovely Rachel Nichols playing the lead, I found it to have an interesting plot for each episode and involving characters that weren't the plod of stereotypes smaller budgeted shows pump out. Granted there is some really rough and sloppy dialogue and maybe some poor acting here and there, but the story shone through and kept me watching. Jeff Danna's score is great too.

I agree. Shows that are built around game changing cliffhangers dont have the rewatch value.

I loved the twist ending as a kid, you know, Twilight Zone, Amazing Stories, ... but I'm not into that anymore.

I should start watching more TV again.I still follow Survivor and The Amazing Race religiously but that's about it

There's a few series like Game of Thrones, Under the Dome, that I wish I'd followed from the start

I watched Believe a few months ago but it got cancelled .To be honest it ran out of ideas after 3 episodes

I believe the moment I spoke of in The Wire isn't a twist. It's a big dramatic moment in the overall arc and from what I can gather it's THE moment people talk about when remembering the key parts of the story - especially when comparing it to similar moments in other high end shows. I in fact had it spoiled while reading different Breaking Bad reviews, and I can't spell it out here because I don't remember how to use spoiler tags on this crappy mobile site.

Can't recall anything particularly shocking in this series, to be honest. It's not about plot, anyway.

Karol

Its a substantial plot point. But it's no shocker. Like others have said, it's not about plot anyway.

The way you use spoiler tags on this site is exactly the same as every single BBCode board on the entire internet.

4. How do I put text in a spoiler tag?

Put it in a [ spoiler] bracket (without the space)

For example, if you type this:

[spoiler]Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father![/spoiler]
It will look like this:

Darth Vader is Luke Skywalker's father!

http://www.jwfan.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=21160

How do you spoil a Godzilla film? The plot is so simple, almost painfully so.

Karol

Sorry Croc, I can't take any notice of you where spoilers and plot are concerned because you've stated in the past that you're not arsed about such things either way.

Spoiler tags are a pain to create on mobile. Though Tapatalk does have buttons to create img and url tags, and those come with the brackets and slashes, saving one from hopping into the symbol field to manually grab them.

How do you spoil a Godzilla film? The plot is so simple, almost painfully so.

Karol

Lee is just miffed that he found out hid favorite actor had shit-all to do in the film and lost interest.

Oh and he wore a wig.