What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Oh no, you misunderstand me. Monica and Chandler absolutely worked, they were adorable. But the best comedy was when Joey and Chandler were roommates, next door to Monica and Rachel who were roommates. The episode where they play the trivia contest and switch apartments is hilarious! The show simply lost something when Chandler moved in with Monica and was no longer roommates with Joey.

I love the show, Stefan. I've probably seen every episode in the first 6 seasons at least 3 times. I watched the show live when it was first run, and when syndication started my sophomore year in college, after the first 4 seasons, I watched them all again. I own all 10 seasons on DVD!

There's no denying the last couple of seasons are not as good as the older ones. Like any show really.

Then why do you say the show "jumped the shark"?

Thats far too extreme a term for the gradual decline in quality that almost every show that lasts for nearly a decade goes though.

IMO...

Well, sorry I used the wrong term!

The episode where they play the trivia contest and switch apartments is hilarious!

One of the best episodes of the show!

Absolutely, no question. Another great one is the one with the prom video

Been seeing a lot of Friends popping up everywhere now that its on Netflix. Wondering if I should finally check it out...

Just watched the one where Ross said Rachel's name at his wedding with Emily.

Great stuff

I remember that episode airing right at the end of my freshman year of college. The reveal of Chandler in the bed with Monica was something else!

The whole tiptoeing around the facts and keeping it a secret for everyone else was comedy gold.

Especially when Phoebe and Rachel found out and started to mindfuck them, after which Chandler and Monico found out that Phoebe and Rachel knew and started to mindfuck back...with poor Joey in the middle

Parks and Recreation 7x04 Leslie & Ron

Wow, what a wonderful episode. This the kind of episode you can only do when you are many seasons in and your characters are built up so well. Obviously Ron and Leslie making up was inevitable, but it was still nice to see it happen, and to feature literally almost the whole episode on just them was a nice touch. I'm not sure if the feud essentially being centered around Ron feeling lonely and friend-less as Leslie picked everyone to work for her out of hte parks dept one by one really makes sense though... for one thing, I feel like the writers constantly forget that Ron is now a happily (finally) married man with children to raise and I think that would and should bring him a lot of fulfillment he would desire, but I dunno. Also the episode may have fixed their friendship, but not this season's big issue, that Ron & co and bidding against Leslie & co for the same job. Weird that wasn't mentioned. But those are minor niggles in an otherwise very nice episode.

As an aside, NBC deciding to burn off the show by airing two a week is so annoying. I mean, now we have the Ron / Leslie feud all wrapped up a mere 7 days after we even learned it existed, rather than it being theme running through the early part of the season that finally gets a rewarding resolution after a month. Oh well.

Hmmm. Fresh prince.

You know, I've still never seen that show

WHAT! (Choke)

For shame! The character arc and score!!!!!! Must watch the gentlemen ep.

You own a show on DVD that you never watched?

I have loads of those! Some TV programmes and dozens of films. Even more books that I own but haven't read. Speaking of which:

Episode 2 of Wolf Hall was on this week. It's scintillating! Mark Rylance is as good as the lead in any recent Paul Thomas Anderson film.

Friends ended so well unlike Seinfeld and mash both which had suck ass endings.

Fresh Prince was pretty awful stuff. Especially after they replaced the aunt

Pity Ren, it was the best decade for TV

But there was no Breaking Bad or True Detective! The shows were not gritty and realistic!

breaking bad is not realistic, its as far fetched as the idea that the Hobbit was turned into 3 great films.

not the last to hobbitses. Breaking Bad I have and it's not realistic

its anything but

Its not a question, its an undeniable fact!

Its not a question, its an undeniable fact!

no Stefan it's just an opinion. I'm watching From Dusk to Dawn, it's realistic in the vein that is Breaking Bad.