What is the last Television series you watched?

Jay

Yeah the downright horrible pacing is tiresome at times (once it lasted an entire season) and the sexpostition remains a childish ploy which further brings down the quality. Then there's the disjointed structure and lack of focus of recent seasons as they struggle to fit in the increasingly unwieldy source; it's surprising really that the show eventually still ends up to be as watchable as it is, but I'm perfectly aware that it's normally the big annual climatic cull which directly feeds that crude lust to be shocked (and entertained!), and I'm not sure how valuable that really is.

The Fall 1x01 Dark Descent

Meh. My fiance Marcy loves all these British murder mystery shows, but I don't really watch any of them with her. This one, however, sold me at Gillian Anderson (who I noticed was more attractive than ever when watching Hannibal). And indeed the opening shot is of her butt as she cleans her apartment in somewhat skimpy clothes, which was nice. Unfortunately it was all downhill from there, as she investigates two murders in Belfast the police do not think are connected but she does, while we simultaneously follow the killer in question (so there's really no mystery) as he stalks and eventually kills his next victim. Ho hum. The show needs more Gillian, less creepy stalker.

Meh. My fiance Marcy loves all these British murder mystery shows, but I don't really watch any of them with her. This one, however, sold me at Gillian Anderson (who I noticed was more attractive than ever when watching Hannibal). And indeed the opening shot is of her butt as she cleans her apartment in somewhat skimpy clothes, which was nice. Unfortunately it was all downhill from there, as she investigates two murders in Belfast the police do not think are connected but she does, while we simultaneously follow the killer in question (so there's really no mystery) as he stalks and eventually kills his next victim. Ho hum. The show needs more Gillian, less creepy stalker.

I loved season one. Thought it was fantastic. Season two has some quality stuff, but there is a particular sub-plot that didn't need to exist, and the last episode of season 2 (which may be the entire series, not sure) was not particularly good.

The programme is brilliant all round, but Mark Rylance as Cromwell is captivating. I don't often have very strong opinions about actors' performances one way or the other (not to the degree that most people do, anyway), but in this he really does steal the show.

Season two has some quality stuff, but there is a particular sub-plot that didn't need to exist...

Which subplot are you thinking of?

Real BDSM and S&M doesn't actually work like that. There is a deep level of trust between the dominator and the submissive person. And limits, usually discussed and agreed upon beforehand.

Indeed. What a pleasantly lucid post.

It's a movie based on one horny woman's fantasy that just happened to sell a boatload of books. Obviously the book readers don't care about the false perceptions promoted by the books. Change the underlying story and you undermine their collective fantasy. It's sad that this crap will make so much money, but that's life.

I think the problem is that Hollywood has glorified it and it's been talked up as a kinky romance. But really it's something that we should be showing as a thriller. Something like ...what was that movie Julia Roberts was in with the abusive relationship?

Anyways. Back to TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Real BDSM and S&M doesn't actually work like that. There is a deep level of trust between the dominator and the submissive person. And limits, usually discussed and agreed upon beforehand.

Amazing how so many people are now experts on this subject.